1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    I was trying to make the same post this morning but the mobile website wasn't cooperating lol

    I wonder how they are going to handle attachments. Hopefully we get a quick connect and can have attachments handled like trailers instead of having to go into the parts menu to swap them out.
    • The basic bucket/forks/boom are safe to say. We could see a variety of buckets but without anything for them to interact with there isn't really a need for any variety there. A snowplow kinda falls into that boat IMO.
    • A variety of grapplers would be nice, at least a small one for cars and a large one for logs. I didn't even think of a log handler but it would pair with the logging content we already have....
    • I'm sure we'll see some crazy made-for-game destructive option, like a ram plow.
    • Then there's also the conversation of props that we could see in this update... Some RCP pipe would be a nice option to have.
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    A snow blower like I posted earlier would be sick. It might be because I'm in snow country, but even with the lack of snow in Beam it would work well as a destruction tool. Always wondered what it would do to a car.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    If you ever cold start the outlaw... It will only rev so high. And it takes significantly longer for the T-Series to start up when it's cold.
     
  4. Man_in_Black

    Man_in_Black
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2024
    Messages:
    299
    Yeah, but I still feel like there's no actual realistic system implemented. Yes, if you try starting an engine at a cold temp, it will lock up, but that has to be at -454 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, I noticed that stepping on the throttle while the engine starts does nothing to help it turn on. This is the same for everyone, right?
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bellaistrans

    Bellaistrans
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2021
    Messages:
    486
    I'd love to see this, especially with full metal wheels a lot of em have
     

    Attached Files:

    • truck.jpg
    • bulldozer-at-garbage-dump-howard-maryland-usa-2EFHJG8.jpg
  6. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    Not in the slightest, lol. Look how huge they are!



     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    They're going to be insanely big, will be really fun to mess around with.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    Wait, if we get a loader, we could easily get a steamroller too on the same platform...
     
  9. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I can see it
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. Torg3

    Torg3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2025
    Messages:
    279
    I think that a magnet would be nice to have
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    Oh yeah, forgot to reply here. I have that disabled, but I guess engines start at a predefined temperature anyway, and then go to whatever the outside temperature is. If you spawn a vehicle in the cold and crank it immediately, it catches on no problem. If you wait a couple seconds you'll hate yourself.
     
  12. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    Realistically, a snow blower would probably cut up the sheet metal pretty badly, but there's no way there's enough torque or cutting ability to actually shred a car
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Justin_2008

    Justin_2008
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2023
    Messages:
    614
    So, does the "haul truck" mean the quarry truck or some other kinds of enoumous trucks?
     
  14. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    Honestly, Beam's gotten very little Euro-car content since 0.28/0.29, and that could be because 0.28 did very poorly. I don't think anything would've done well after 0.27, though, so maybe the new Euro-vehicle content is just taking a while to be implemented. A '60s Euro GT car would be distinctive enough from the Barstow and Miramar to be a possible addition, IMO. With how well 0.34 and 0.36 did in raising the average player count, we could see another classic car (or a refresh of the Barstow/Moonhawk) sometime in the near future.

    That's exactly what I was thinking (at least, when it comes to the vehicles). I feel like the WCA quarry is as big as it could reasonably be without affecting other parts of the map, so if we're going to get another quarry, it'd either be on a different map (like Utah, ECA, or Italy) or a whole new map. I do agree that we could use another tiny vehicle this update - there are plenty of options, like walking/spider excavators, calfdozers, and skid-steer loaders. (A golf cart would also be a funny option.)

    So, I made another table in my spreadsheet today, that compares the average monthly player counts for each update since 0.27 (according to SteamDB). I think I'm going to be using this as a measurement of an update's success (although I'll still be keeping track of the peaks) - I feel like a solid average is more important than a big peak. However, peaks and averages correlate quite well - usually, the averages are around 50-55% of the peaks. (The peak for November 2022 is from 0.26, which released September 2022.)

    Averages_vs_Peaks_027_037.png

    As you can see, this clearly illustrates how important the winter updates are to BeamNG - and why they've happened every year for the past ten years. 0.27, 0.31, and 0.34 all increased the average by 2-3,000 players each. 0.30 did worse for the average than I expected (based on how big the peak was), while 0.36 actually did solid in that area (despite not raising the peak). I think that 0.36 contributed to 0.37's massive peak, as the average went up consistently between June and September of 2025. Usually, there's a month or two of lower averages between updates.

    0.38 will likely continue the big-vehicle-update trend of doing very well with the general player base. I don't think it'll beat 0.27 (unless we get a new map), but I could see it being on par with 0.31.

    It means one of these (usually called "dump trucks"):
    upload_2025-11-29_16-50-24.jpeg
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  15. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    When do you think we can expect the update by this point? It looks like the vehicles are almost finished. But of course there's no rush
     
  16. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    The holiday update is usually between December 13th and 23rd. 2017 actually had release in the last week of November. 2019 and 2021 were both two part updates with the first part releasing on the 9th/2nd respectively.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  17. AAricie

    AAricie
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2016
    Messages:
    123
    For the last 3 winter update the update happened 83-85 days after the previous one. This would put us to December 9 which is 84 days since the last update and on a Tuesday. So that's my guess. Also the average day on which updates are published is the 10.8 and the standard deviation is 5.2 days, so the 9 is perfectly reasonable.

    A google sheet with the updates taken from SteamDB:

    upload_2025-11-29_22-53-15.png
     
    #75777 AAricie, Nov 30, 2025
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2025
    • Like Like x 6
  18. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,827
    Since 0.18, the holiday updates have dropped no later than the 15th of December (with the exception of 0.18.3, which dropped on the 19th, and 0.24.1, which dropped on the 20th):

    -0.18: 9 Dec 2019
    -0.21: 15 Dec 2020
    -0.24: 2 Dec 2021
    -0.27: 13 Dec 2022
    -0.31: 14 Dec 2023
    -0.34: 10 Dec 2024

    I think we're likely to see 0.38 release around the same time at 0.27/0.31/0.34. The Steam Sports Fest sale event will be going from the 8th-15th of December this year, and I reckon that the devs will try to get an update in during that time to get some sales.

    AAricle's likely very close with their guess of the 9th. The devs have been trying to get the winter update out earlier every year, probably to attract more sales before and during the week around Christmas (which has been the yearly player count peak for every year except 2017). I'm gonna be slightly pessimistic and say the 10th, just because I think that these large vehicles will need a bit more time to be ready for release.
     
    • Like Like x 4
  19. 4NT4R3S

    4NT4R3S
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2023
    Messages:
    325
    Ah nice, I hope yall are right. I've been hoping for a dump truck ever since I got Beam, but I'm going away for quite some time around then so I hope it's sooner than later :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Aside from wishing there was a vehicle sitting on top of them, I never really found a use for either tires. It's a weird thing to just add to the game, I'm guessing they were planning (or even working on) this update for quite some time. I'd argue it was the first teaser, just unofficially
     
  20. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    With how big these tires are, how big do we expect them to be? Kinda hard to gauge what size we're getting from just them alone.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice