1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,215
    I am a day late (was spending family time on Thanksgiving) but I’ve got some speculation on what 0.38 will be. In the newest teaser, I agree that is a wheel loader we’re getting. I have a feeling that 0.38 will be just like 0.27. Possibly less vehicles but around 2-3 new vehicles in 0.38 would be fine. Since the update seems to be related to machinery, the quarry might get expanded. And I have another speculation that I’m sure barely anyone brought up. An excavator. It would be cool to see that come to BeamNG in my opinion (Forklift ain’t a bad idea too).
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    I feel like the set back for an excavator is the treads
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    I know wheeled excavators are a thing but it would feel wrong having one without tracks (unless tracks are coming this update but I don't think they will now, not this update at least).
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,577
    Many excavators are wheeled and some are even mounted on trucks (More common for Gradalls than excavators but still...) Hell, you can even get Unimog's configured to basically be a backhoe. That would be an awesome Stambecco config
    upload_2025-11-28_18-56-59.png
     
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. gtaman788

    gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,182
    Stambecco i feel that poor little thing gets forgotten, I admit i often hated it at first, but it had really started to grow on me,
    I hope it getes some love,
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. toyota.potato

    toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2022
    Messages:
    1,286
    One can hope
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Occam's Razer

    Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2013
    Messages:
    1,382
    Oh, it's the polar opposite for me. I've loved the Stambecco since it released, but I just haven't found many excuses to use it. It's too slow for on-road driving, and there aren't many levels that necessitate its sheer ground clearance and climbing power.
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. coolmancool

    coolmancool
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2025
    Messages:
    132
    Just learned that wheeled bulldozers exist and it look like it could be a good config for the loader

     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467


    For those that need a helping hand understanding top heaviness...
    Also. CONTROL G. IS CENTER OF GRAVITY... Tap that to understand where you must place the forks so you dont end up dropping it.
    I hope what theyre adding is something like this too https://youtube.com/shorts/fRj4zBGfv34?si=-xxu0IO-ZbpV9Vfp
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    Also, imagine a cold start with open valves or, even better, no exhaust!
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    This already kinda happens. On the Arctic Circle map I've found out that if you let a car sit outside for a while it will take absolute ages to start its engine. Granted, it's only additional delay on the starter, but it's still something at least.
     
  12. pigeonperson

    pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2023
    Messages:
    1,153
    Being in colder climates (such as Automation Test Track) also make the exhaust smoke more visible.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. E32k

    E32k
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2022
    Messages:
    268
    You can just disable "Start vehicle engines preheated" and you dont need to wait for it to cool down
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Miura22402

    Miura22402
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2025
    Messages:
    110
    The Satsuma's engine kinda sputters and cuts out when cold, it's pretty cool!

    I wish it was a thing for vanilla engines with carbs, but I can understand it's low on the priority list
     
  15. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    Well I guess that settles it then? How long have these been here?

     
    • Like Like x 3
  16. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,287
    Yo wait…. Thats literally it… no way the devs gave us this big of a hint
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Justin_2008

    Justin_2008
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2023
    Messages:
    614
    Quite a long time, i was about to point this out yeaterday
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. KenKen911

    KenKen911
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2017
    Messages:
    314
    It's almost certain that wheel loaders will be coming out.
    So what kind of work tools do you want?

    What would be good to have besides the most basic buckets and forklifts?

    lugongattachments.jpg volvo-show-attachment-wheel-loader-2324x1200.jpg

    Wheel loaders have a lot of attachments.

    Side-Dump-1024x516.gif WL-Hydraulic-Angle-Blade.png
    volvo-show-attachment-wheel-loader-grapples-2324x1200.jpg meri_porin_kuormaus_oy_cover.jpg

    Since there's a log trailer in-game, I'd definitely like to have a log grapple! It would be nice to have a high-lift version, but that would be greedy, right?


    materialhandlingarms.jpg

    Handling Arm will also likely be able to interact with various elements in game.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. Justin_2008

    Justin_2008
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2023
    Messages:
    614
    I suppose it'll be sth related to grabbing and lifting, in BNG physics it's very hard to make scraped affect for metal and woods, so scrapping tools may not be added.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also is the "haul truck tire" the one on T-Series?
     
  20. KenKen911

    KenKen911
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2017
    Messages:
    314
    hq720.jpg

    Sweeper is unlikely, but what about chipper?
    As you may remember, quite a while ago there was a mod called the Farming Pack that had wheel loader and chipper attachments that you could use to tear down vehicles.
     
    #75760 KenKen911, Nov 29, 2025
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2025
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice