1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

There's not really such a thing as simplified physics with the way BeamNG is doing things. The only options for massive optimizations are to either change the core physics to be wildly unstable/limiting, or to use rigid body physics. And in the case of the latter, BNG would be diving into a field that is already dominated by the big name titles whilst bearing nothing at all of what makes their physics different. By every indication, you just can't combine full soft-body with rigid-body; there is no in-between. And if they go full rigid-body, they have no ace in the hole.

As for the proposition of another game, I really don't like the notion of having multiple, separate games that cover each automotive competency. One of the big draws of .drive is that it's a driving simulator that isn't strictly a racing game. It has race cars, and race events, and race tracks, but those things also intermingle with public roads, offroad trails, economy cars, delivery vehicles, etc and even more via the modding community. It's the ultimate display of the physics' versatility.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

Im still waiting to see how the nitrous purge will look/where it will come out from. I hope if there is a purge effect you can change where it comes out of.

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

4. umatbro

umatbro
    Expand Collapse

Exactly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

so i was going through rebinding the tailgate and i came across this. Interesting, VERY interesting. (the truck i'm using has Tortion's D-series 5in body lift, the Interior roll cage from what ever mod has it, the tires from Taza's Offroad pack, the roll cage from the Ibishu D-series, and my engine mod, this thing is a mini monster truck)
    20171006134204_1.jpg
    if you remember, this is in the files.
    Blender5_14_201711_12_59AM.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

**when it comes out

• Like Like x 1
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

***if it comes out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

upload_2017-10-7_13-3-34.png
    Found this in the ECA files. I guess these are the "Rain Objects" talked about by the devs.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

****when it comes out.

OT: Speaking of weird discoveries, I found this post by Gabester way back in the Grand Marshal thread:

This was in February of 2015....it still hasn't happened yet.

We haven't gotten the V8s for the ETKs yet, we haven't gotten the V8 for the 200BX yet..in fact, we haven't had a brand new car with a V8 since the Burnside came out in December of 2015. All of the cars after that have had L4s, V6s and L6s. Could this mean that the V8s are being saved for when WCA comes out (which will likely be very soon), to allow us to have more power to play with in our ETK race cars and 200BX drift cars?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It is an "if". My question was "will we be able to have nitrous purge" and Diamondback responded that it would be a pain and he doesn't know if it will be implemented.

As for the V8's: a lot of the official statements from 2013-2015 seem to have been forgotten (including Gabe saying the H-Series will get a sliding door). I am putting the statement you quoted in the "forgotten about and probably won't ever be a thing" bin. It is strange that we haven't properly had a new V8 in awhile though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Also, they are rain, just disabled. I have a feeling rain may be coming... :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes! I really want to see a dynamic weather system.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Oooooh....I thought that rocksim was talking about the tow truck (which I'm very sure will happen sometime soon).

As for the V8s likely not coming...dang, that's a shame, really. Even though there may be mods allowing for V8 swaps of the 200BX, it would make sense (in my opinion, at least) to add a Gavril V8 swap for the 200BX to go along with WCA's drift course and touge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Looking on the thread it does look like he was talking about the tow truck. I got a notification saying that he replied to my post about the nitrous purge and the notification links to rockism's "when*" post, so that's what I was going off of. Plus I replied to one of his posts about nitrous purging earlier in the page.

15. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

If the timing of the developer sneak peek is any indication, the update will be soon, since it's been about the same amount of time since the second one as there was between the first one and the last update.

But I doubt the devs plan to be consistent with those sneak peek things. Maybe the update will be soon?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

The developer section has been very quiet here lately also..

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It seems a little early to speculate about when the update will come out. It's only been 7 weeks since the last hot fix, and we don't even know what could be in the update aside from nitrous (probably finished awhile ago) and WCUSA (been worked on for a while). Yes we were saying similar things for the 0.9.0 update, but with the sound system now in the only big surprise we can reasonably "expect" for a system overhaul is tire thermals or replacement of the sound placeholders. I really think this is going to go like the 0.8.0 update did where the dev section is silent for a really long time, then we get screenshots of a new car, then the update comes a month-ish later.

#7257 ManfredE3, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 9
  18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I would put money on that were getting a new car but im not sure if we get a announced or unannounced one

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Unannounced. from what i've heard, the BlueBuck isn't in-game yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I see the next car possibly not being one of Gabester's designs. He currently cannot work, so I don't see him designing anything at the moment. Unless the Bluebuck is farther along than we think, I doubt it will be one of his designs.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice