1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

i found some pedestrian warning audio in beamng

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. awesomeracer2007

awesomeracer2007
    Expand Collapse

Are you reeeaaaaallllly sure that the game getting a higher age rating would prevent those people from making videos for the worst of audiences? I know all too well that age ratings seem to just not matter anymore.

Nonetheless, recreating Carmageddon (whether the game or huge traffic jams) would be quite cool. Though I too think that given where the demo took place, it'd be a while before people can do that.

3. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

iirc AVAS was added with the addition of EVs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

Oh but its still interesting

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It was a bit later but still it's an old thing at this point.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

only thing we know we will get in 0.33 is t series remaster 3 and new wheels and new car or another remaster

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. toyota.potato

toyota.potato
    Expand Collapse

Says who besides the t series?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Second time in a row I'm doing this before we've had any teasers, but I'm sick of not being able to find the posts about the new T-Series content in the game files so I'm just going to do this now instead of making a bookmark...

Color coding:
    Green means we can be reasonably certain of it in the next update
    Orange means we can expect it in near future and potentially the next update
    Red means it's either confirmed to not be coming in the near future whatsoever or in development limbo

Past teaser logs for reference:

Updated 2024/07/21, new items in bold

Release date: mid/late July 2024. That puts us at 3 months after the last update.
    0.33 is delayed for an unspecified amount of time.
    Creator branch was updated on Sept 13th, which means the update should be in the week ending September 22nd. This is in line with previous fall releases, falls soon after the big reveal teaser as they have been doing, gives the team enough time for the holiday update, and puts them back on schedule after skipping the summer 2024 update.

Vehicle content:
    • Gavril T-Series remaster part 3: This was confirmed to be coming in the 0.32 dev blog: "Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, some of the planned features were not included in the current release. This means that you have more to look forward to in future updates, including a V8 engine, additional frame options, and more axle configurations."
      • There's really 3 realistic possibilities for the V8: A tall deck version of the Gavril 6.9, a two stroke diesel, or a 4 stoke diesel. The tall deck automotive V8 would be really cool to see for engine swaps, but one of those would only make sense for a medium duty truck, which we don't currently have. A two stroke diesel would be another awesome choice, but sound files would probably suck to get. Which just leaves the 4 stroke, probably inspired by the Cat 3408. Since everyone always loves speculating about equipment in game, it's worth noting that there were versions of that engine designed for all sorts of applications. Sometimes parts from those versions are used to upgrade the semi truck versions
      • Additional frame options... I'm honestly not sure what that implies. Upfits? Lengths? Extreme duty versions? Body lifts?
      • More axle configurations. That could mean a lot of things since commercial trucks are outfitted in all sorts of ways as the owner requires. Set back front axles, twin steers, tri-axles, single/double/triple lift axles, etc...
      • @epicfacecanada found, which @Mr Engineer brought to everyone's attention, a collection of T-Series parts in the files
        • Twin Steer
        • Diesel V8
        • Driven front axle with transfer case for it
        • Lift axle
        • Lifted walking beam suspension
      • @CaptainZoll found and applied textures to the aforementioned V8 here. Seems to be a Belasco diesel 4 stroke
      • More detailed analysis of the above items from CaptainZoll found here
      • July 30th Teaser Tuesday: The main focus of this teaser is the tri-axle T-Series
      • September 3rd Teaser: We see a T-Series with a passive steering pusher axle
    • Gavril D65/75: There is a ton to talk about with this, so I'll mostly stick to the teaser summary below. That being said, quick summary of what we can expect: D-Series cab on a unique frame, slotting between the T-Series and D-Series. Probably will use a mix of the existing largest D-Series engines and a unique diesel. We'll probably see a mix of frame lengths and at least single/tandem rear axles, similar to the T-Series modular frame approach. We may or may not see options for facelifts of the cab/front clip. This has potential to be massively versatile, combining the best of the D-Series and the T-Series.
      • July 30th Teaser Tuesday: In the background of this teaser is a truck we haven't seen before. A lifted D-Series cab with a gas tank under it and a tanker upfit that's too big to be on a D45. This must be a medium duty truck, like the Durham mod and the unreleased AR162B Gavril D55 mod. Think Chevy Kodiak and Ford F-600.
      • September 3rd Teaser: We see the medium duty D-Series in some sort of DOT dump truck config. Looks to be based off of the seventh gen medium duty Ford F-Series
      • September 10th Teaser: We see a full view of the medium duty D-Series. It seems to take inspiration from the second gen Kodiak and seventh gen medium duty F-Series. We see a D-Series bed and accessories, with new off road HD tires and what appears to be a rusted color frame, which is unique.
    • Misc. Additions: August 29th teaser: Two body kits and skins, one for the older Pessima and one for the SBR. Teaser included a note that these do not indicate a remaster, they're just a few body parts.
    • SBR remaster: While there's no proper sign of a remaster coming up, @McBeamer94 and @dart have been going back and forth about some new intercoolers for the SBR's engine that are in the files. In order to actually use these the SBR's body would need some changes, which suggests this is possibly next on the list of upcoming remasters. The SBR engine with intercoolers did make it into the Piccolina, I still think these will make it into the SBR properly someday.
    • Moonhawk remaster: Again, no proper sign of a remaster but many speculate that her remaster is next due to the fact that for whatever reason they have been drip-feeding content to the Moonhwak but not other vehicles. Personally I suspect this will be a holiday update since it has potential to be a big one for new content
    • Grand Marshall remaster: It was remastered but not to the same scope that current remasters cover, so sooner or later the team should be returning to this one
      • Update 2023-06-20: The GM did get some content in 0.29, but nothing to see as far as quality improvements. In fact it might be a bit worse now with that fake chain on the roof that behaves in a really wonky manner
    • Other remasters: The following vehicles have yet to be fully remastered and have not been mentioned above: Burnside '53 Special, ETK I-Series, Gavril Barstow, Hirochi Sunburst, Ibishu Hopper, Ibishu Miramar, Ibishu Pessima mod.1988, Wentward DT40L
    Map content:
    • Research: There has been talk of the devs doing some research on stuff for improved map development, but I can't recall any particular posts about it... If someone can point me to one please do
    Physics & such:
    Everything Else:

#66768 ManfredE3, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 31
  9. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

nice work

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

To add some stuff i didnt see
    - Development on the ABS System
    There is a bug like this. At about the same time ABS systems where being worked on. Although since then i dont recall abs ever being improved and that bug certainly still exists. Just checked, im keeping a history of all lua changes since 0.29 and in 0.31 there was a larger update to the wheels.lua changing alot to the abs logic, altough it wasnt mentioned in the update blog

- Ability to repair specific car parts without resetting the entire vehicle
    Unlikely to ever happen according to tdev "Nearly impossible, the system is super complex already"

- The likely accidential .tech leak will likely be removed from the .drive version again
    Just speculation given that .tech is supposed to contain exclusive features and these leaked features doing license checks like no other game feature of the .drive version. https://www.beamng.com/threads/0-32-discussion-thread.97843/page-34#post-1726093

- The recent discovery of the privilege escalation exploit is likely fixed
    Just speculation given the severity of it. Altough if not, daniel-w is working on a unofficial patch

#66770 TroLLeX_, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  11. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

very good speculations guys

12. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot of the original discord post: https://www.beamng.com/threads/update-speculation-thread.20246/page-3189#post-1700481
    Partial revert and some more info: https://www.beamng.com/threads/update-speculation-thread.20246/page-3192#post-1700858
    My thoughts: https://www.beamng.com/threads/update-speculation-thread.20246/page-3192#post-1 700962

There have also been multiple hints about the devs working on individually colorable parts.

On the graphics side the devs want to enable one of the artificial frame inserters after vulkan is working, forgot the name of the system so I can't search the message. But it would give probably about 50% more visual fps.

About the T-Series, people have found an european concrete mixer upfit in the files.

#66772 Bauer33333, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  13. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

the engine inspiration seems to either be the CAT 3408 or the Mack ENDT 866.

if this post is indeed the alleged T-Series V8 Diesel sound, that would make the IRL counterpart be more like the Mack engine bc Scania and Mack collaborated on the DSC14 & ENDT 864/865/866, respectively.

14. KenKen911

KenKen911
    Expand Collapse

maxresdefault-1.jpg maxresdefault.jpg eqw1360188205.jpeg

expecting a mixer truck with a REAR BOOSTER AXLE...

f72db787726516fa5dac85b2cb69f726.jpg

...maybe even a special heavy duty mixer truck too

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

I think that OGC Map, its sequel, and The Road Trip, are proofs of concept for what we could see many years down the line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

You know how we got that race t series with the race block? Imagine how the V8 could go. I also can't wait to get my hands on a duel front Axel to build a terrible abomination.

I hope hope we get a all new car. Hopefully not another off roader. Or buggy just not me but I'll respect it. If we get that .

I'll love a 1920s to 1950s car maybe a burn side remaster.

Or I series seeing how it'd last of starter card didn't get a remaster. 200bx got j beam work then remaster. So it's possible for I series.

Also moon hawk or sunburst need it imo.

Mostly sunburst

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Miss Flapper

Miss Flapper
    Expand Collapse

1920s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. whattowrite

whattowrite
    Expand Collapse

why does my gut say that tommorow is teasser

• Like Like x 1
  19. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Your gut is probably saying you need to vomit, and you're just misinterpreting it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Métronome

Métronome
    Expand Collapse

Give it a teaser, otherwise it will fill up the living room.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice