1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Scotti100

    Scotti100
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 24, 2021
    Messages:
    207
    Yes, I know, but it's still the first change after 0.30. But we'll keep an eye on it :D
     
  2. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,888
    I think besides vocational duty trucks, set back axle options could also be used for something resembling early American aero trucks, which were basically just preexisting models with set back axles and plastic bumpers/ chassis side fairings, with everything else remaining similar. Here is a Freightliner FLD non-aero with set forward axle:


    And an FLD aero with set back axle:

    As you can see, very little has changed above the belt line, the cab is basically identical and the hood is only slightly different to fit the set back axle configuration, and the exhaust stacks have moved behind the sleeper (this would be optional as some aero trucks from this time period Still had the stacks in the same place as non- aero counterparts.

    The model years for an aero version T-series could be late 80s or early 90s to late 90s or early 2000s, which were the years of many real life equivalents.

    Aerodynamic American cabover could also be possible . This could be designed the same way as the conventional.
    Non-aero:


    Aero:


    Even a facelift for the non-aero version would be possible, think along the lines of the Pete 389 (2008-present).


    Air dams would be absolutely necessary, especially if they make aerodynamic versions. But all styles would be appreciated, to fit every cab size and in both modern and vintage styles.


    An RV is possible, I’m not sure about a bus as they are usually on medium duty frames, the closest realistic equivalents in the game would be the FS-65 bus mod (Freightliner truck based, but the mod doesn’t have truck configs) and the Gavril Durham mod (medium duty truck based on the Chevy Kodiak/ GMC Topkick, although that does not include a bus config).
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  3. MotherTrucker02

    MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2016
    Messages:
    136
    Same idea with the Peterbilt 377 and Kenworth T600
    652431e4ad9fe37f4e4c41a8.jpg gvmljvrs.jpg
    That 377 is a set forward axle variant, because Peterbilt offered 2 versions. A fellow equipment hauler around here has a daycab with a set back axle. The Pete also has the optional "normal" stack mounting like Blue Bird was talking about, I've seen a daycab T600 around here with dual stacks on the sides of the cab. The Pete 386 and Kenworth T660 were also nearly the same cab with small exterior changes and a new interior, and they were produced until 2010 and 2017 respectively, so we could get a fairly modern truck with some updated parts.
    e460dcad-8b9c-478f-a6c6-2ac55f2b9a19-hr.jpg Kenworth-T660.jpg
     
    • Like Like x 3
  4. ZackGM

    ZackGM
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2017
    Messages:
    234
    I wonder if we also gonna get a modernized old style T-Series, like the Peterbilt 389 and Mack Pinnacle

    I dunno if someone here already mentioned this, but besides, this should be pretty cool



     
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,202
    As much as I like the idea of a modern variant of the semi, and it would follow the pattern of the D-series, H-series and Roamer all getting post-facelifts, This post from Ai'Torror makes me think they're tempering expectations about the scope of post-facelifts.

    of course, that doesn't rule out 90s trucks entirely, and if they're adding modular rear suspension for single, dual, and maybe tri-drop axle setups, it's not inconceivable for them to also add a unique front axle, engine cowl, bumper, and whatever else for SBA variants.

    bear in mind also that like how the lansdale got one bodystyle halfway between the LWB and SWB chrysler minivans, they're likely to abridge configs a bit, so I suspect there would be no "mid-facelift" (i.e. current) SBA variant, and no set-forward aeronose variant either. (that is presuming they are making SBA and aeronose variants)

    I'm also pretty certain the comment about brakes confirms that they're adding variants wthout front brakes,
    after all that would be a big change in driving dynamics which is pretty easy to implement.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. MotherTrucker02

    MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2016
    Messages:
    136
    Honestly I'd be happy with mostly just the basic stuff, like a way to shift properly and an engine brake. (I know the GTG mod adds a jake, but as a truck nut there are a lot of little things about that mod that bother me.) If there was a better foundation I would like to think more people might pay attention to trucking in Beam and we might see some of the content and configurations taken care of by modders. I would take another shot at modding and try to make a heavy haul type of truck similar to a T800 wide hood, since that's usually what I drive IRL. If you look at the ATS modding scene you can clearly see there is a decent sized group of trucking enthusiasts that also game and build mods, but the foundation has to be there first.
     
  7. Dieter Huysamen

    Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2023
    Messages:
    1,330
    sexy Sunday? (im doing this because its funny, i know there's no teaser today :p)
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. united.

    united.
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2020
    Messages:
    532
    yea hold on bro
     
  9. Dieter Huysamen

    Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2023
    Messages:
    1,330
    monkey Monday
    teaser Tuesday
    wacky Wednesday
    thirsty Thursday
    freaky Friday
    silly saturday
    sexy sunday
     
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shelbyiris

    Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2022
    Messages:
    2,013
    :confused:
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. DieselDuster

    DieselDuster
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 15, 2023
    Messages:
    1,654
    o_O

    Sussy Saturday
     
    #60371 DieselDuster, Nov 26, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shuddair

    Shuddair
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2020
    Messages:
    337
    Brain rot
     
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  13. GavrilMan2973

    GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2023
    Messages:
    1,398
    This generation is doomed :(
    Other than that, I hope to see another teaser.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. CD_07

    CD_07
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2023
    Messages:
    150
    I swear people on the BeamNG forums have the power to make anything off-topic but go on the off-topic forum. Plus what would we even do on Monkey Monday? Or :(:(:( sexy sunday...

    istg yall should NEVER cook ever
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  15. GavrilMan2973

    GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2023
    Messages:
    1,398
    Sometimes I wish this generation had an IQ above -200
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. SSRG

    SSRG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2023
    Messages:
    4,326
    As part of this amazing generation, I have to agree.
    Why is everyone so dumb??? (there are a few exceptions of course)

    Nope, nope, back on topic please.
    (I tbh have nothing to say about on-topic except that I really wanna drive the T-Series with the shortest frame, looks kinda chibi from that one picture we got, T-Series kei truck confirmed?)
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    I can't wait to put super strong front brakes on the super short COE to flip it on its front end.
     
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CD_07

    CD_07
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2023
    Messages:
    150
    This is my 100th message on the BeamNG forums, woohoo!

    If there isn't a new campaign with the truck having tons of load and you need to transport it to a far away area. I will be very mad, maybe use the shortest wheelbase with that.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Obnoxious

    Obnoxious
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2022
    Messages:
    685
    I was gone for the weekend, could you elaborate on the devs comments on brakes?
     
  20. MotherTrucker02

    MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2016
    Messages:
    136
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice