1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention some of the BeamNG dev team was part of the development of Rigs of Rods, a game with a heavy focus on cranes, excavators and large trucks. Maybe they were waiting for BeamNG's engine to be able to handle things like collisions and hydraulic simulations better before implementing those vehicles into the game.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

This is actually a good idea, i wonder how hard it would be to implement

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

As for the layout of JRI if it is kept LHD but not set as a fictional US island territory, I think it would be set in a Southeast Asian country. Only 5 countries in that region drive on the right like America: Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma. Of these, the Philippines is the only one that is entirely islands, and was home to many US military bases which would explain the obvious remains of military forts and an airstrip. The Philippines was also briefly occupied by the Japanese during WWII, so that would explain the wrecked Japanese plane in the airstrip hangar. Because of this I think it’s possible, they might retcon the lore of JRI to be in the Philippines, because it isn’t that accurate to Hawaii anyway.

As for the addition of heavy equipment, and possibly the T-series remaster, I do think that’s why they didn’t add openable doors or shifter animation to it. It’s way overdue for a remaster at this point, and with such a remaster would be an opportunity to add other truck and heavy equipment related stuff. That logging trailer would definitely be nice, as well as a proper intermodal container trailer, reefer unit for the dry van, more loads etc. as well as heavy equipment.

And maybe an optional for trailer side skirts

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

"XC" means cross country

What if the manual configs were EUDM and the automatic configs were USDM, kinda like how the D-Series will has pre-facelift manual configs and facelift automatic ones?

Also, I really have a bone to pick with the new naming scheme. I don't understand why it has to be two seperate numbers now- It just makes the trim levels more intricate for no reason

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

speaking of handling collisions.

these are the official props with the official rollback vanster.
    and just placing them on each other makes them have micro phantom collisions and pushes the wooden pallet prop around.
    upload_2023-4-8_20-34-48.png upload_2023-4-8_20-35-2.png
    this all moved by itself, on a parked vehicle. it could be anywhere but stuff just moves around..
    and for as long as ive played beamng, i can remember props always moving around by themselves.

do the devs have plans to improve prop collisions before starting to implement heavy duty equipment and props handling?
    or are the props going to be hard coded/jbeamed as a vehicle and not as an independent prop?

i was curious and asked in the beam MFD discord, answers so far ranged from
    -AxBE
    -AgentY
    -Ai'Torror

all very interesting information. thanks a lot for taking the time to reply guys! i really appreciate it and i always want to learn more about beamng and its limitations.
    but im still wondering if i understood properly and its just jbeam stability issues, or straight up game engine bugs which makes props move around.
    so far to my understanding, aerodynamics and coltris are flawed. are there plans to improve that?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

I kinda wish we get an update more focused on props, remaster some of the existing ones and add new ones. Stuff like trash cans that throw trash everywhere when you crash into them, mail boxes that do the same but with letters, fire hydrants that spray water, etc. Hell, it should even be possible to use the parked vehicles system but use it for spawning dynamic props on sidewalks instead.

• Agree Agree x 11
  7. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

ive always loved props in beamng, the TV and fridge they added is something i really love playing with.
    having a props update would be neat lol. but it would need to feature a lot of props to have 1 major update focused around props.. i love the idea tho.

going back to my super old props pack, im thinking its probably time to completely redo that super old stuff. :p
    upload_2023-4-8_21-14-38.png
    some example props ideas i had i never made a reality yet: hospital bed, big desks, working tv with html stuff for shows, complex vending machine, big complex gaming desktop, big speaker box, a mixture of gaming chairs or just normal chairs.

in reality prop ideas are endless lol. we could have a whole damn house interior that is jbeamed lol. there is a limit of how small the object can be.. about the size of an apple, or a soda can. but other then that.. there are so many prop possibilities lol.

but that old prop mod was when i was just starting to learn how to jbeam. i had so many props idea in mind but life took over and my countless other mod ideas got over and blah.... its life.

am currently working on a wooden log, with realistic properties. we will see where this leads in the future. small side project so far.
    one of the main reason why im here asking about the phantom collisions, is because my wooden log keeps moving by itself. its annoying. i keep trying to fix it but it seems there is nothing i can do since its a game flaw... :(

on a sidenote, anyone else noticed they removed the slim tv? there was 2 official tv prop before, the fat CRT and the slim one. but i only noticed now that its gone since 0.28

• Like Like x 9
  8. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

Yes, maybe take out the "c" on the 846. I just find it wierd that there isn't a non-sport 846, or one with the unique "c" interior and bumpers, which are really nice compared to the standard models.
    Manuals are only on sport versions, which should definetly have them in the US, and base models, which I already excluded from the US market. I was trying to show how many configs would be IRL, and I didn't include transmissions in the list anyway. It's also only on some D-series configs, and the whole D-series Configuration Situation is just wack.
    I think it makes it a lot better- it alows for more engine options, drops the confusig "t" moniker that meant different things on different cars, and allows for the sport-but-not-really "tt" models. By the way, if there are any devs readong this, the badging is inacurrate on some models, y'all gotta check that out.

9. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the slim TV is from a mod. I forget what its called but someone else made a props pack (not yours) that adds a slim TV and other stuff like computer CPU boxes, etc.
    edit- just checked in game, it's from a mod by @Lordlichi2006 and both TV types still work
    screenshot_2023-04-08_22-10-11.png

#55309 Blue Bird Gaming, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  10. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

thanks a lot.
    i guess i must have mistook that small tv as official content somehow.
    really appreciate it!

11. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

You're right, maybe "c" means comfort?

Speaking of badging, a lot of the badges for possible factory configs have been flat-out removed afaik. Before the update there were more badges for configurations not listed in the vehicle selector. Now you can't make a lot of these configs even if you wanted to.

I mean sure, it opens the door for that, but we didn't get any new engines besides the v8.

"T" was just for the higher-end ones, it stood for Touring i think

12. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

What I meant is it allows for many different power levels of the same engine, which we got.

13. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

It does, i remember pre update the configs with C in them were specified as comfort models, haven't really read the descriptions post remaster though

14. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

That's a good Idea . Only thing there is that the color pad itself isn't working....

15. Aquila:)

Aquila:)
    Expand Collapse

This really is a problem tho in my opinion, some missions are almost unplayable because the props move so much, they just slide of the truck before you reach your destination…
    --- Post updated ---
    That would be so cool!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

True, but i feel like this could be streamlined with the "c" and "t" prefixes like it was done before the update. Instead of an 854 150, 854 190, 854tt 300 there could be an 854, 854t, 854tt.

17. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

That takes out the "tt" trim, and makes for really akward names- 854ttxc instead of 854xc 250.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Real Japanese police cars often have English "Police" text in the same location.

In terms of JRI theming, it has had a complex past. In its original form, pre-remaster, it was said to be based on a combination of Taiwan and the roads in Jurassic Park. Of course, when license plates were added, it received the strange Hawaiian plates, despite the map not resembling Hawaii at all. While Taiwan would be an interesting setting often overlooked in games, knowing the current political situation, the devs would likely avoid it as I believe they do sell the game in Mainland China (and even have a Chinese language forum for the game). Although I have my own views on the matter, this is not the place for that.

During the remaster, that "Japanese Town Test" was added to the files, alongside road signs on the left and abandoned WW2 era military facilities (and a wrecked A6M Zero in the hangar). Notably, the fort on the island was mentioned by one of the developers to be Portuguese I believe, which would be strange as while the Portuguese did trade in Japan, there weren't any forts that I could find. The closest Portuguese forts would have been in Macau. While Taiwan does have some former remaining Japanese buildings (as it was a Japanese colony until 1945 until its handover to the ROC), and the government is still discovering abandoned Japanese military fortifications to this day, with the island having had massive Japanese military presence and bases (to the point of having been repeatedly bombed and firebombed by Allied forces), the left side signage does not fit as Taiwan drives on the right, and the Portuguese never had a presence in Taiwan, as it was historically a part of the Dutch colonial empire (a large Dutch fort is located in Tainan, for instance).

I still think that, if anything, JRI is more in line with Amami archipelago between Kyushu and Okinawa. However, according to Hutch, the Japanese theme was just an experiment and nothing came of it. It is unfortunately quite likely that JRI will forever exist in this bizarre limbo of being based on various parts of Japan and Taiwan while still being completely abandoned and featuring the erroneous Hawaiian plates.

• Agree Agree x 12
  19. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure the ‘C’ in ‘XC’ is ‘Country’, because the X is ‘Cross’.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

only tricky thing here would be ensuring what auto/manual transmission to use on a given config, since some diesels have unique manuals, sport versions have a DCT instead of a regular auto, etc. then maybe also restricting what cars can have an auto or manual (early base D-series might be only manual, but wendover/gm might be only auto)
    so you'd need to go through and manually define all of those, but otherwise I presume it could use a similar setup to the license plate design.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice