Can we get a time stamp for those quotes? Not saying that they didn’t say it but would love to dig deeper
If they make rock move while climbing it would be nice. Also it would be cool to make stop sign, lamp post, garbage bins or some more props destructive
I think that's not too far fetched, actually. it would obviously go well with terrain deformation, they've mentioned that props can already be respawned like traffic, it just needs controls added, and finally, they also said on the 0.27 blog: "This map also features a selection of new rocks, placement of which has been very tricky – in no small part due to gameplay requirements we won’t spoil for you yet." which could very well be eluding to prop rocks scattered on top of, or in place of the existing "forest" rocks that are part of the map.
Scattered rocks that can be interacted with arguably sound a lot more achievable than full-on terrain deformation or bulk cargo physics. They would still work nicely with any potential excavators and, of course, the surprise quarry we got in 0.27. Loading dump trucks by manually spawning prop rocks on top of them just isn't a terribly fluid or rewarding gaming experience, but being able to grab them from the ground and load them with heavy machinery... Sounds like a perfect match for a top-shelf physics simulator like BeamNG. I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed.
Reading that here I hoping that was confirmation of more body styles, but hearing James say it in context it just sounds like they have plans for more passenger cars in general (notably with 4 wheels, so we have confirmation that the Dymaxion will not be coming to 0.28). I am still really hoping for more body styles, it's a good way to get more variety in game and make the existing vehicles/lore feel a lot more detailed.
I mean, we've been seeing more and more body styles with the cars' remasters, but I do agree that it's a bit odd that - outside of the trucks - there's very few significantly-different bodystyles among the roster. Yes, the Bluebuck's got four body styles, but those are just different doors or variations on those doors, for the most part. Not nearly as extensively different as, say, a ute or a wagon or a convertible. I know Gabester said a while ago that the effort to make a new body style for a passenger car would take almost as much effort as it would to make a whole new car - that was in 2017, when cars weren't nearly as complex as they are now. I would've thought that with how much more complex cars are getting, maybe we'd start seeing more body styles for them - after all, it'd probably be easier to make a new bodystyle for a car than to have to make a new car with all the required sound, suspension, and JBeam tuning necessary for that new car. However, the only remastered passenger car to get a significantly different body style is the LeGran, with its wagon. Granted, the MR Covet's a very different car from the regular Covet, but it's still a 3-door hatchback. We could see a sedan for the 800, but the chances for that to happen are pretty slim.
He is still a dev, he’s just not active on the forums much. If he wasn’t a dev, his banner would be removed, like som other devs like @donoteat
WOW, i just see his profile, but last week when i see his profile, that was write he was banned. But today his profile is normal.
What I mean is, he used to be a dev, but now he’s not, and so his orange banner has been removed. @gabester ’s is still there, so he’s most likely still a dev.
I'm just being silly. James' comment suggests that the next vehicle will have 4 wheels, which implies something other than the 3-wheeled Dymaxion for the next car. No three wheeled RF goodness for us just yet I'd classify the LeGran as the only passenger car body style in game at all currently. Everything else is either a race config (MR Covet, Group 5 Bolide, Baja and Class 5 Picco) or a BoF truck (LWB Roamer, D10/20 Charro) or both (D-Series and Hopper superbuilds). Other than those it's just targas (both Civettas), the chop top '53 Special, and the Bluebuck. I was convinced that the Pessima was getting something in her remaster but she didn't. I am really curious to see what they do with the 800-Series. ETK as a whole hasn't had much attention given to them even though they should be one of the bigger companies in the game, and it seemed like they were future proofing the 800-Series to get something other than an 85X (I even pointed this out in my comment that Gabe responded to there). I know that body styles generally don't massively change handling dynamics, but as someone who loves the car culture side of games like this I always love to see anything that adds variety and story to the roster.
Its interesting because we still have quite a lot of content to get remastered and it makes me wonder what the superbuilds/race versions will be for those.
I did have a list of potential super builds posted somewhere... It probably would be at least interesting to have a post like that saved somewhere, and since it's going to be another 5 weeks or so until we see a teaser I guess it would be a good time to have that discussion. On the other hand, this is also a bit too open to have a useful discussion. The limit is pretty much the team's imagination, and we've already seen they can dream up some crazy stuff at times. Part of me isn't looking forward to any of the vintage American car remasters because there are just too many options I'm excited about and will be very disappointed when we inevitably don't see them all. Pretty much all of the vintage American passenger cars could get drag superbuilds (Here is a list of all the drag week classes from 2016. We could see tubbed rear ends, caged frame front ends or entire caged frames, altered wheelbases, fiberglass front clips, gasser builds, and so on...). Tarmac racing super builds are also plentiful (vintage trans-am, stockers/sportsmans/modifieds, gen 1/2 Nascar builds, etc...) and as always we could see some garage built off road machines. A lot of cars could get caged frames of varying degrees. Whether it be a tube frame front end to put a V8/V10 where it otherwise couldn't fit or something more extreme. Formula drift cars are an option for a few vehicles, most notably the 200BX. A lot of people might find is surprising that the T-Series actually has a couple of options here. I made this post a while ago about the T-Series remaster and included a blurb about potential super builds. A lot of these options wouldn't work for the later model year cars, but many of those could see modern race cars. In some cases those would be dedicated tube platforms with shells resembling the "base" car, which at that point is just a new car entirely. GT3 cars would probably still be more of a superbuild if I understand their specs correctly.