1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Johan The Channel

    Johan The Channel
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2020
    Messages:
    808
    If the new map is on the US-Mexico border, we need Gavril D-Series, Roamer, Grand Marshal, and Ibishu Hooper in Border Patrol livery.
    --- Post updated ---
    And maybe H-Series too.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    BeamNG.Smugglers run would be really cool, and those games did have a similar selection of cars as we have been seeing in teasers
     
    • Like Like x 6
  3. bmwcrazy456

    bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2018
    Messages:
    554
    I doni't know - the more I look at the body the more generic it looks... I wouldn't count on a factory truck with it, much as I'd love one.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,548
    The Hopper..
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. I<3ChickenWings&V8

    I<3ChickenWings&V8
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2020
    Messages:
    918
    From where you kneeling this must look like an 18-carot run of bad luck.
    Truth is, game was rigged from the start.
     
  6. zachariah.74

    zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2022
    Messages:
    851
    I personally dont think a factory truck will come of it, most likely just a generic shell for the trophy truck. Would love to be surprised by the devs though, even if its a few updates down the line
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    I feel like this should be getting more attention. It's not uncommon for multiple teams to use the same base chassis, so seeing variations of this platform would make sense. Throw one body on it and call it a FINK racing team vehicle, throw another on and call it a Bruckell factory team vehicle. As for the engines, the fact that we don't have any in game audio in that teaser makes me think something is up. New V8 sound? Maybe they put a V6 in it instead, V6 trophy trucks are a thing.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  8. Deleted member 174490

    Deleted member 174490
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Bruckell is GM. We don't have a brand representing Dodge.
     
  9. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,548
    What's the Bastion then? Its a Charger/Stinger mix
     
    #48689 Cutlass, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    E325DDAE-6E4E-45F5-9522-B6AC16E63936.jpeg
     
    • Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 2
  11. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    813AD00D-68CF-4D98-927A-A29A8539AA61.gif
    it’s a gif, click on it
     
    • Like Like x 9
  12. Johan The Channel

    Johan The Channel
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2020
    Messages:
    808
    Bruckell is based on Dodge, Chevrolet and other americans car manufacters.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Deleted member 174490

    Deleted member 174490
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    It's a Dodge. That doesn't matter. BeamNG brands aren't like GTA brands. Obviously we all know Vapid is Ford since they have a red oval badge and nearly all their cars are based on Fords. Bruckell is simply a generic "American" brand, but 2/3 of their cars are GM, as well as their parent company also owning Soliad, who produces the Wendover, another GM-inspired car. So they could be considered the BeamNG analogue to Chevrolet. The Bastion is based on the Charger, but so is the Bandit from RoR (I think, if not it's pretty similar), which is made by Gavril (if you consider RoR cars "canon"), so it doesn't really matter. I suppose a better wording would be that we don't have a 3rd brand in the "Big 3" American manufacturers.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. esesel

    esesel
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2019
    Messages:
    740
    Stinger? As in Kia stinger?!? Moste definitely not... The Kia stinger is a mid size "german" sport sedan. And the bastion is a full size US sedan akin to mostly the charger as dodge is the only one who still make this kind of car
     
  15. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,843
    Oh, I didn't know my idea was more realistic than I thought. That's very cool to hear!

    Personally, I don't mind if the trophy truck doesn't lead directly to a new modern truck/SUV. One new avenue I've thought of for the trophy truck is giving modders the ability to see the design language and use the engines for a Gavril, Bruckell, Ibishu, or other factory truck without the devs having to make a whole new truck. That could allow for some really interesting possibilities.

    For instance, say I wanted to make a lore-friendly modern Ibishu full-size truck, similar to the Tacoma/Tundra. And I wanted it done like how the devs do post-2000 Ibishus. Currently, we don't have any Ibishu trucks (outside of the Pigeon), nor do we have any post-2000s Ibishus (unless you count the Hopper being built until '01). If I wanted to make a Tacoma/Tundra-esque vehicle without getting its styling or engine choices retconned, I'd have to wait years for the devs to make a modern Ibishu (possibly - maybe a modern Ibishu is closer than we think?).

    However, with the trophy truck frame, the devs can take, like, a couple of weeks to make body panels for that trophy truck that look like a modern Ibishu truck. It could have a heavily-modified version of the Ibishu truck's engine, with the sounds and (possibly) the tuning options and everything else. That way, instead of having to make a whole new engine, tune the sounds for it, and guess as to what modern Ibishus look like, I could just...take the engine and the styling and go wild.

    Again, I don't think that's going to be a thing, but it'd certainly be interesting (and get a LOT of use out of the TT frame). This sort of arrangement could also justify a NASCAR- or lower-level purpose-built stock car. It'd be way easier to re-skin or slap some new body panels on a tube-frame stock car than build 4 or 5 new, very similar sedans.
     
  16. SNFriedM14

    SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2021
    Messages:
    700
    Hear me out, all Beam Cars are just that: beam cars. They’re not a direct copy of anything. They’re roughly inspired by real life cars, not a copy of 1, not a combo of 2. Same goes for the brands. Bruckell isn’t Dodge, Garvil isn’t ford, bruckell is bruckell.
     
    • Agree Agree x 21
  17. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,874
    Why isn't this livery an official part of the paint design selection yet? ;)
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. simsimw

    simsimw
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2022
    Messages:
    2,094
    What happened to the Etk k-series remaster?
    It got teased for 0.26 a while back and we haven’t received any updates on it?
     
  19. Jackets64

    Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2017
    Messages:
    1,919
    It's likely that they're just showing off other content, as they showed off that stuff already and there isn't really too much to imagine with that, most people could get the idea of what it'll be reasonably easily. They're choosing to show new content which we haven't seen before, things that will produce more speculation and excitement as opposed to "ETK remaster/refresh, that's cool. Will be fun to use when it comes out". The stuff they've chosen to show off has produced pages and pages of speculation by now, which is exactly what I figure they want.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  20. Cutlass

    Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    3,548
    More that it has Stinger influence with a Charger like design, of course it has its own elements aswell
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice