1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Turtle206

Turtle206
    Expand Collapse

I believe the Cherrier FCV platform as well as the Bruckell Bastion and Wentward DT40L use 'shift-by-wire technology (SBW)', in real life practices, the shifter only moves slightly when you change gears from PRND(L), then moves back, usually to the 'Neutral' gear location. (video provided). This is the same technology that is used in vehicles with dial-gears and push button gears. (photos provided) This animation could be implemented, but it will go (for the most part) un-noticed, as it is a very small movement. A small animation for upshifting with the paddle shifters or gear shifter when in manual mode could also be added.

Regarding the Gavril T-Series, I hope it gets a remaster soon along with a newer interior with a more traditional shifter like the modern semi trucks have.

upload_2022-8-16_11-48-35.png

Edit:
    Full list of BeamNG vehicles with shift-by-wire technology, in alphabetical order:
    Bruckell Bastion
    Cherrier FCV platform
    Civetta Scintilla
    Wentward DT40L

#45941 Turtle206, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

i was too busy jamming out to the music in that kia video to actually pay attention to what was going on

its like from those shittty 1990's edutainment videos on vhs

#45942 PowerstrokeHD, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Hmm. I don't think they would be posting teasers this consistently if the update were more than a month away, but I still have a hard time believing they can actually deliver a major update in three months anymore. The game is more advanced than ever before, requiring even more research, testing and bug fixes. They also teased some part of career mode for this update - a lot of people would be very, very angry if it didn't materialize. Historically, the team have struggled to make forward progress on career mode. Personally, I don't care about it, but I could see it being the one thing that causes a protracted delay in the 0.26 cycle even if the rest is ready.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

0.26 have no aihwbag me big angry
    i tell mommy to unalive you and put beamng in time out

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  5. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the movement of the shift-by-wire shifters and the gearshift paddles could be implemented because small details make a big difference in a game like BeamNG.
    And the small lights indicating gear positions could be implemented too. The FCVs and the Scintilla could make use of the lights, the former for the shifter and the latter for the gear buttons on the center console.
    The Bastion and the ETKs (both the old ones and the modern ones) could use lights for the gear positions put next to the lever plus the modern ETKs can also animate the lever movement to "M" (the gear lever crosses a classic automatic transmission path instead of staying still and is animated but not for the "M" position) and the upshift/downshift (marked inversely, meaning for the "+" you push the lever forward and for the "-" you pull it back).
    Any car with an animated center console shifter can have these lights next to it: Bruckells, Ibishus, ETKs, Hirochis.

Oh, forgot to mention the levers and backlit buttons for controlling the 4WD systems (4H, 4L, 2H, 2L, diff locks etc.). Backlit buttons will certainly be needed at a later date, for the existing modern cars and any other modern car to be included in the future.

#45945 McBeamer94, Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, the devs would probably rather hold up the rest of 0.26 until December just for career mode than put up with that crap.

I would rather they release the rest of 0.26 on time with or without career mode if the rest is ready, but getting flamed by an army of spoiled 9-year-olds for the rest of the year may or may not be worth it

Side note: if memory serves, the Wendover's interior was teased about a week before it was released.

#45946 vmlinuz, Aug 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 14
  7. silence russian mods

silence russian mods
    Expand Collapse

I think the update is going to come out somewhere between September and October because it wouldn't make sense to release the autumn update in august :rolleyes:

8. VerrierChivace

VerrierChivace
    Expand Collapse

finally I can jerk my knob in beam

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 6
  9. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

that is going in my signature

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

When did they confirm that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Turtle206

Turtle206
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

This isn't speculation, but I thought the update speculation gang might want to know:
    For a few updates now, my performance has gradually been going downhill. While I thought it was mainly due to the game just getting more resource heavy over the updates (It has) it turns out I had a undetected bottleneck in my system. For anybody else that has bad performance, it's worth checking that your BIOS is updated and your RAM is running at the correct frequency. An outdated BIOS from 2019 was causing my RAM to only function at 2133mhz instead of 3000mhz. I've gained around 20-40fps in Beam now that it's running as it should! I can use traffic again and play on Italy and WCU lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vantello

Vantello
    Expand Collapse

Covet Steering wheel could be smoothed out a bit more here.

Attached Files:

• GetImage.png
    • Agree Agree x 15
  14. joemamaa

joemamaa
    Expand Collapse

I know everyone is hyped for the new version, but I would like more Beamng betas on the steam page, like all the major releases, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 etc... mostly because I have not played those versions or play them again. and old mods can work again!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. minivanlover11

minivanlover11
    Expand Collapse

some things i mainly noticed, on the right, i saw that there is a digital clock,and im probably wrong but,;) on the left i saw these buttons, to me they look like sliding power door buttons, like on most american minivans, so maybe a covet minivan? like the nissan prairie minivan, but thats just my opinion:p
    covet.png s-l640.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. KèrozéN

KèrozéN
    Expand Collapse

Actual vs. Remaster for comparing.

• Like Like x 17
  17. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for that.

The old steering wheel looks better than the remaster. Otherwise, it's a nice interior improvement.

• Agree Agree x 11
  18. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the digital clock below the center air vents too and I'm really hoping it's functional.
    Generally, as far as the BeamNG cars that do feature a clock are concerned, this matter must be universally solved. Some of these cars have a perfectly functioning clock (cases in point the Miramar, the Bluebuck and all cars with center screens and gauge cluster screens, including the factory Navigation system of the Sunburst and the 80s Sci-fi Wendover gauge cluster) but there are still some cars in which the clock is clearly superficial (Wigeon, Burnside Special, Grand Marshal, '88 Pessima, '96 Pessima, 200BX, LeGran and the standard Radio of the Sunburst iirc). And this is still going on even after the remastering of the cars, like in the '96 Pessima. It's detracting from the attention to detail BeamNG is known for and it's also not practical at all from the driver's seat, especially when the player is at full screen, without the work tab at the bottom of their computer screen.

#45958 McBeamer94, Aug 17, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 18
  19. minivanlover11

minivanlover11
    Expand Collapse

i agree, the dimensions of the wheel are a little bit off in my opinion,

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

yeah way too big. Probably would look good on the Kashira or the Diadem

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice