1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Keon_

    Keon_
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2021
    Messages:
    121
    Where can I find this thread?
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,888
    what page is the q&a on?
     
  3. Slugfest

    Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2020
    Messages:
    1,124
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Dexl

    Dexl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 29, 2021
    Messages:
    190
    thanks man!
     
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Meccanizer

    Meccanizer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2020
    Messages:
    51
    With the 6 added in physics from t-dev's image, I'm assuming we are going to get some sort of aerodynamics update as that's the only thing I can see that would fit in the physics category with the amount added.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. MrQuiche

    MrQuiche
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2021
    Messages:
    47
    imo it was just a fun way to mess with us, in good way ofc not an indication of something
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dexl

    Dexl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 29, 2021
    Messages:
    190
    Aero updat confermed?!!1!?/!??!
    upload_2022-6-14_10-1-54.png
    This is the Automation beam exporter changelog so maybe aero is coming, unlikely tho
     
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,888
    Wow, pedestrians, and confirmation that community suggestion are actually considered and sometimes, added. Not to brag but I do think some more recent props like the mattresses, old tv, couch and chair set, etc. may have been response to my posts in the vehicle suggestions thread suggesting more prop variety from like, over a year ago now. It’s nice to see that the devs listen to us!
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  9. Matt_890s

    Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2021
    Messages:
    694
    This mattress is probably the one of the biggest beam memes ever.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  10. Acrain7

    Acrain7
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Messages:
    3,515
    0.25 is just a really large textfile
     
    • Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 5
  11. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,888
    Well considering The fact that I see mattresses and other stuff strapped to the tops of cars all the time, or a sofa or chairs in the bed of a pickup, and how often these items fall off due to either not being properly secured or secured at all. I go all over the country as a trucker and it’s pretty much guaranteed that at least once a day (often more) I see some wrecked furniture, mattress, TV or something else on the side of the highway because someone was moving themselves and didn’t tie it down.

    now enough of me rambling and some actual speculation, I wonder if they’ll be able to have a mattress strapped on top of the Scintilla and/ or the bolide roof, like this:

    It would be hilarious

    Also, from what I looked back at there hasn’t been much more information about the Covet other than Mr. turbo. Maybe I missed something, but I find that strange.
     
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,667
    They already added some experimental model in the last Automation update, the aero now is really tunable, with an option to remove all drag completely too. But it doesn't use any new secret mechanics.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dexl

    Dexl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 29, 2021
    Messages:
    190
    gotcha, also well done for getting that sick hillclimb bugo in automotive flux's latest autoflux games!
    OT: new I reckon that some of the physics will have to do with aero, seeing as beam's aero model is kinda frikt
     
  14. Razor_T

    Razor_T
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2022
    Messages:
    158
    12:19 AM where I am.
    Nobody really mentions this anymore, but working gas stations / filler caps would be sweet.
     
    • Agree Agree x 8
  15. Dexl

    Dexl
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 29, 2021
    Messages:
    190
    1:20PM where i am
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 88fiero

    88fiero
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2020
    Messages:
    227
    10:22PM where I am
     
    #43896 88fiero, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Razor_T

    Razor_T
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2022
    Messages:
    158
    AM or PM?
     
  18. 88fiero

    88fiero
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2020
    Messages:
    227
    PM
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Toivio

    Toivio
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2018
    Messages:
    361
    Im refreshing my Steam updates 24/7
     
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. trm7

    trm7
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2016
    Messages:
    499
    Words can’t explain how excited I am for the new car. Plus I get Wednesday and Thursday off work this week so I’ll be able to set up my wheel and give this thing a true track test. I can already tell it’s gonna handle like a dream.

    The amount of detail the newer cars have now is insane!!! Way better than the old beamng cars. I was blown away with the detail in the remastered bolide and I suspect this will be even better. I only use vanilla or my own mods now as I can no longer bring myself to use most mod cars anymore as the official cars are now on a whole new level not only in detail but it FFB feel, drivetrain simulation and driving physics. No mod car comes even close anymore. I don’t even play assetto corsa anymore as beamng has surpassed assetto corsa in terms of driving by a lot.

    Can’t wait to see the new teaser tomorrow. I just hit 5,000 hours. The most I’ve hit with any other game is 400. This by far the best game I’ve ever played and I want to congratulate the devs on turning this game into such a masterpiece. It went from being a funny crashing game with strange driving to being one of the best racing sims on the market which is quite impressive. Once tire thermals exist then it’s game over for every other racing sim. I don’t care if I can’t race other cars the driving is so good that other racing sims now feel like dirt 3 in comparison. No other game gives you the feeling of being one with the car like beamng does. After awhile the car just becomes and extension of your body and you almost forget it’s even there. Something I’ve never experienced in assetto corsa or project cars 2. You can just loose yourself in the car and next thing you know you’ve been hot lapping around the nurburing for 4 hours straight and are running out of fuel.
     
    #43900 trm7, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 22
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice