1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Update when done - fixing a lot of things for it atm :)
    the AI and lanes is a huge topic by its own and not so easy to fix X|

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

.tech is adding features on top of the same platform the games runs on.
    The triple screen support (broken, i know) - is a result of an academia project for example.

We have a dedicated team working with the industry and academy at this point yes :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are looking into having drivers, but its a lot of work making them behave nicely node/beam wise. We'll see :)

• Like Like x 28
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I see. I was thinking though that, worse comes to worse, perhaps the driver model disappears after a certain amount of cabin intrusion to prevent glitchiness and such.

Although... The more I think about it having drivers in the cars could add another level of depth to the simulation. If the driver was "knocked out" by severe impacts or cabin intrusion, then the player would lose all control of the car. (Obviously this would have to be an optional feature as I could definitely see people not being happy if it was mandatory as it'd make the game a bit more difficult)

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. MrQuiche

MrQuiche
    Expand Collapse

ohh yeah a little Q&A that's noice, i have one question,
    Why did you decide to end the support for the 32bit version, what made you realise that the 32bit slowed down development and since now (well kinda) that the 32bit version is not supported what kind of improvements/features can be expected or can be done more easily ?

6. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

I don't agree with being knocked-out unless it is in seperate mode, but I don't think its crucial.
    Although drivers/dummies could have hit boxes that could plot data as g-impact or basically force acted on different parts of the dummy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

8. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

Do some of the devs enjoy watching us speculate wildly over nothing on this thread? Or do you guys just facepalm hard and try to never see this thread again?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. FFIVGUY

FFIVGUY
    Expand Collapse

As far as pedestrians, will this also mean that the walk mode gets revamped?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

I've always wondered, how much does the community actually affect development? Like, how often does people talking about features or vehicle suggestions actually shift the focus for future updates?

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but it just an annoying feature honestly for a simulation game. The only thing it gives you is that you cant control car for some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ITHEPUNISHER

ITHEPUNISHER
    Expand Collapse

@CrashHard for the love of BeamNG please please please help the devs with this!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

(deleted)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rude rat

rude rat
    Expand Collapse

if drivers and pedestrians are added, will it be optional to have them? since i personally prefer beamng the way it is with no driver or pedestrians

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

Uhhhhhh
    1200px-Mercedes-Benz_SLS_AMG_C_197__Frontansicht_geffnet_10_August_2011_Dsseldorf.jpg mercedes_sls_gt_02.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

Are aerodynamics improvement something planned for the future? I know current BeamNG aero isn't that good, specially now we knowing that we might have a supercar on our hands, would the current aero model hinder it's driveability? Or Are you Using ESC and TC to correct the car on these scenarios? Also the hardcore sim racers are in desperate need of a GT3 Car, but with current aerodynamics a GT3 car is probably out of question

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

will pedestrians be optional just like the traffic or would pedestrians and traffic spawn when traffic is enabled ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Pyrotechnics are also used for releasing the rollover hoops on convertible cars. So this code could also be describing some sensors for detecting an imminent rollover. o_O

• Agree Agree x 13
  20. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Yes I can understand that for sure, and you developers have a standard you want to keep it at, not lagging, and the arm and legs move with the props (pedals and steeringwheels) ?
    my dummy mod dont need movment (Its a dummy :) ) But would be nice to have some special nodes/beams to limit limb movment (Like a ragdoll rig)

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice