1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

All of this conversation made me realize I don't know anything about the Soliad V8... I love the config but never took a good look at the engine, I don't even know what it looks like...

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys speculate that better anti aliasing (MSAA or TAA) might be coming next update? Not sure if it's something potentially limited by the game engine, or if 32 bit deprecation will get us any closer to it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sturpy

Sturpy
    Expand Collapse

Good luck fitting a v6 in something as small the Covet, there's a reason why VW developed the VR6 and VR5 engines

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

To me it seems like a a polite way of saying "Simmer down, the update won't be ready for a while" :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Well the VR engines were for normal cars, while a potential V6 engine would be for a completely custom group b variant, that doesn't have rear seats

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Not true. The said Honda Civic has the 3.2 V6 from the NSX. That means that each 3-cylinder bank displaces 1.6 liters (roughly the size of all Inline-4 engines of the Civics over the years, ranging from 1.3 to 2 liters).
    The Ibishu V6 displaces 2.7 liters, so 1.35l per each bank. So it can fit in the back of the Covet as well.
    Plus the 2.7 V6 is still narrower than a VR6, so, if it gets put in its existing transverse configuration, it frees up a little bit more space for the gearbox. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. iva.rpm

iva.rpm
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see a V6 Covet! I can imagine a custom configuration with it. And well...about the MR Turbo, no one said that it has an inline 4 engine, as far as I remember. It can be a wild turbocharged V6!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

considering the rate teasers have been i think there might be one tomorrow

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. ZackGM

ZackGM
    Expand Collapse

my man here totally forgot the existence of Clio v6 and MG 6R4. Both small cars with big hearts

with that info, it's pretty hard to scrap outta my mind the possibility of having a v6 Covet as a rally variation or something

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 2020 Cherrier Tograc

2020 Cherrier Tograc
    Expand Collapse

The lack of teasers could simply mean that the content for the update is almost finished. Idk because we usually get updates much earlier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

between the 5 Turbo, Metro 6R4, 205 T16 and Delta S4, the Peugeot is the only one to have a transverse engine, the rest are mounted longitudinally.
    as far as space is concerned, some metro 6R4s were converted to use a Rover V8, and are often referred to as 8R4s, so if they do go for a longitudinal layout, there'd be plenty of room for a larger engine.
    as far as the drivetrain goes, as this is a late 80s car (presumably built to Group B spec) It'll more than likely have AWD.

as for some more out-there speculation, considering the devs seem to be focusing some of the new content on a simracing audience, I wonder if there are plans to make some SWB variant of the ETK-I when it eventually gets its remaster, to complete the trifecta of group B cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

I think probably Next well or week after :) I hope am wrong

• Like Like x 2
  13. Matt_890s

Matt_890s
    Expand Collapse

Although I never owned the game for long enough to try out WBIMP, I did watch some videos, and it'll be pretty cool if the I-Series gets a Group B ish rally car, with the crazy 80s aero. Who knows, maybe there would be a coupe body style too, after all the only body type it has (excluding mods) is a 4-door sedan, and it definitely deserves an official coupe body imo.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. bob64

bob64
    Expand Collapse

Clio V6 :

Remove rear seats, add a 3.0 V6, and that's done!

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

You couldn't be more wrong :p

Mazda MX-3 V6, and also the Clio V6 as someone else posted.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

Might be getting off topic, but Mitsubishi FTO (one of the few V6´s I really like the sound of)
    Just an example ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

Worth noting also is the 1991-1995 Mirage/Lancer (comparable to the Covet size-wise), which was in some markets available with a 1,6 V6.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

Alfa Romeo: hold my birra
    14127202909_51b91e11bd_h.jpg
    Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, powered by the 3.2 Busso V6

• Agree Agree x 11
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I don't think the I-Series is suitable as a base for a Group B car. The ttSport and ttSport Evolution variants are more suitable for the 80s DTM race car impersonation. The Rally variant is also very nicely balanced (it's good that it exists and I want it to stay) but I still think the epicenter of the I-Series is the racing on asphalt.
    Also, the ETK Aero-5 wheels look great but I think the Beambeer car (and the ttSport Evolution variant) needs some special wheels to match its black/gray/red Basso livery - some center-lock units would be great!

Oh my God, that Buick/Rover 315 was truly versatile!! Unfortunately, we can only imagine how Group B would be if the Metro Rally Car was out with that engine and what the engine would sound like!! :cool:

Attached Files:

• mercedes-benz-190e-evo-ii-racer_1920x.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

Actually, who's to say the engine won't be a vr6?
    But I personally think that a i4 or v6 based off of an existing Ibishu engine is more likely, considering the development cost of a totally new engine, it would make no sense for Ibishu to develop a vr engine just for mr. Turbo.
    The Peugeot T16 had a modified engine based off of an existing i4 engine, and I believe the same is true for other examples mentioned (Metro, Lancia, Renault etc.).

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice