1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

Knowing these guys, however, they most likely completely remade the covet - as they did with the legran and pigeon. I mean, the Covet definitely deserves to be completely remade, seeing as it's one of the OG vehicles the game released with and one of the main vehicles in the first trailer vids back in 2012.

And following what I said above....the OG covet model is severely outdated for today's standards. It would take a lot of work to just remaster it other than to just completely re-do it. Quality would be so much better, as seen with the Legran/Pigeon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Part of me is just salty that we still don't have a rotary engine, but the FCV isn't exactly the best handling car in the game - even after all these years, and without a remaster, that title still goes to the Covet (and the remaster better not change that!). Then again, that's a very different car, but it still shows that handling quality degrades with size in BeamNG

Either way, the time trial of the century will be new Bolide vs. lightly tuned V6 Covet

#40922 vmlinuz, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

covet is the best handling car in the game?
    you sure
    you might be right considering i play on keyboard and am not a huge covet fan, but the covet?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I use an FFB wheel and the Covet 2.0 GTz corners like a roller coaster even on bad roads

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

ill say the covet handles pretty good

also, no teaser yesterday, kind of a shame but who knows, maybe the update is coming soon

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to pull this out of my ass right now, so don't ask for sources nor is it speculation, but if any current ingame car were to get a wankel engine, it should be the Miramar. It might not make sense at first, but the Miramar is quite close to the Mazda REPU, except it being a 4-door instead of a pickup, which was powered by a 1.0L 2-rotor wankel out of the original Mazda Cosmo. Having remade that engine in BeamNG with the characteristics of a wankel & a sound similiar to the Cosmo, I have to say that I am surprised the Miramar hasn't received that engine yet & can only hope for it being on the "things to add in the remaster" list for it :p Such engine does truly feel like something the Miramar actually needs to have, not just wishful thinking

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  7. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps they've already thought of the aforementioned issues and are going to update elements of the engine to coincide with the Civetta's release? Seems entirely possible, also gives us a lot of speculation topics on what they could change with the engine ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The biggest part that needs improvement for such a car is the aero system ; there was already some speculation about a raytraced system, like the one they're developping for the audio occlusion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Wulf

Wulf
    Expand Collapse

They very could be updating the engine to support better aerodynamic simulation and other ways of making suspension, this is not just some random mod, but actual official content made by competent people.
    --- Post updated ---
    I want some of the stuff you are on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

So the devs posted this earlier, not a teaser but there’s a possibility of something hidden in the background that I’m missing. Also, the livery looks different. It could be the race livery in a color scheme I’m not used to, but that number on the side looks like a different font.

Attached Files:

• F57FA6A0-A260-4C6C-9EA5-3212AF2B231C.jpeg
    • Like Like x 3
  11. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

Do the plates allude to something? Fairly sure those designs are not in the game yet also.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Nothing hidden in tha background as far as i can tell, and this is simply another color, but the font is defintely different and the number plate of the sunburst is black.
    --- Post updated ---
    S2 and RX, possibly racing classes ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

What site is this, for merch content?
    Oh I see! Thank you! :)
    So the Beam Team can make their own BeamNG trading platform for selling their merch! I just hope they expand the BeamNG website for including this sector, because it's a good revenue opportunity and because it's their own BeamNG branded merch! ;)

14. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

There was also BEAMNG B1 on the plate on the bolide for the last humble bundle sale.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

The FCVs are actually great in handling, especially the ones above the Vivace 190Sd and the AWD ones above the Tograc 190dq. You're probably basing your criticism on the absence of the latest technologies in differentials (Active, Electronically Locking, Sport, Torque Vectoring) from the FCVs. Currently, the FCVs don't feature these diffs.

Speaking of the FCVs, some performance versions of the Tograc would be cool because let's not forget that the Small Performance SUV niche isn't represented in the BeamNG lore yet:

• Tograc 230Sq
    • Tograc S 270q
    • Tograc S 310q Arsenic
    • Tograc S 350q
    • Tograc S 410q Arsenic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

When I saw that originally, I pointed out in (I think the YouTube comments) that it may have meant Beta 1, but I think thats a bit far fetched haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so S2 probably doesn't mean anything specific, but is a pretty good name for a racing class.
    RX probably means rallycross, which the sunburst would be good at.
    B1 could mean bolide 1, group B, a lot of thing, but it's a pretty conceivable name for a racing class too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Also going based on the recent promotions etc. done by the BeamNG team, almost all of them have showcased some sort of racing so I imagine that the team is placing a large emphasis on improving the driving dynamics and racing dynamics of the game, making it ever better for sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 9
  19. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

i searched up s2 racing and rx racing
    RX appears to be a racing team, competing in euro rallycross in the headline supercar category
    S2 racing appears to be an online group dedicated to SCCA Sports 2000 racing

so who knows what it means

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

RX could also be simply rallycross, it's a common abbreviation.
    S2 could be sport 2 or something

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice