1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. H4ckerxx44

H4ckerxx44
    Expand Collapse

So what is actually very likely to be in the next update?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

New supercar, Covet remaster, and PBR for the rest of the maps that haven't gotten the PBR treatment yet, like italy and ecusa

#40502 ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet, Apr 9, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 10
  3. H4ckerxx44

H4ckerxx44
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, Cover remaster and PBR for some of the maps alright, but the new supercar? We haven't seen anything other than some concepts or am I wrong?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but bear in mind it has been some time from the reveal of concept, so there must be sufficient progress over months

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The covet remaster was only a sketch too, but they could have made it in time, after all we don't know since when they started working on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Also the police lightbar overhaul that's been hinted at.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

And a 2-liter Inline-6 (plus a normal 5-Speed Manual)! :cool:

#40507 McBeamer94, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

The first one was the 3D model of the rear quarter, this means the base was most likely finished before that even otherwise they wouldn't have anything to build upon.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

There's also the Traffic Lights Update on the flowgraph editor of the WCUSA plus the PBR Update on that map. Almost 10 months have passed since the ECUSA got the Traffic Lights Update and the WCUSA still hasn't received it, so I believe it's the WCUSA's time now.

10. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

i can see it for the bastion, either via bug fixes or just to add more features and details and such which might have gotten initially overlooked, also im pretty sure some sort of t series expansion or revamp or something was discussed earlier by someone

11. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

FP1rnHeXIAYjDAZ.jpg
    if you zoom in the new "teaser" you can see something orange inside the gap of the door handle, is it related to the new car? or is it just a "NO TEXTURE" ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

That's just another Miramar reflection upload_2022-4-10_19-2-16.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

WCUSA has working AI traffic lights.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Really?? Gonna check the timeline of updates.

edit: Yep, it was implemented when the 0.24 dropped.

#40514 McBeamer94, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  15. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

forgot

16. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

We've already seen teasers of the modeling stage.
    Anyways, I don't expect the update anytime soon. I'm expecting them to stay on a newer schedule, with longer time between updates, like they did with the last update.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

This was something I was talking about some time ago, it would be comprehensible if the devs stay on the longer update schedule, because the reason for it is they are trying to improve their methods of testing so they can do less hotfixes when a new update comes, I see absolutely no shame in doing this for this purpose, and I even think in the current state of BeamNG, 3 months is a tight schedule for an increasingly more demanding comunity, and I think it is kind of our fault they are holding back the teasers

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. VICFERNANDZ

VICFERNANDZ
    Expand Collapse

I think that´s pretty reasonable actually. Anyway, I wouldn´t exactly say it´s our "fault" since we´re really customers and they´re not our parents ;). I guess they could be more transparent about it, given the fact they´re always quite communicative out here I don´t see why they haven´t said anything in all this time. I could speculate they´re actually trying to rush through and get the update ASAP, otherwise the lack of teasers and etc doesn´t make any sense. Also, every update gets them more players and more revenue, allowing them to increase their number of employees and helping them deliver more content and faster. That´s how i see it

• Agree Agree x 12
  19. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

Here is a quick drawing I made to figure out how a modern Moonhawk based on the Bastion could look like, and, er... I'm kinda surprised by the result, I'll let you judge.
    Scan11042022182250_001.jpg
    PS : I know that we don't have any evidence for a Moonhawk remaster or even a modern Moonhawk

• Like Like x 16
  20. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree. I believe that in the gaming industry, in order to be communicative, you must first have tangible evidence that the content you may've promised works and unrolls good during gameplay - that's what game testing is for after all. In other words, I totally understand why the Dev Team hasn't given us a hint for the past 2 months or so, because they must first ensure that any bug found during content creation/development is ironed out. After all, there have been many times we've seen the "overpromise - underdeliver" scenario unfolding in this industry in the past and it's a bad experience for both parties.
    As for the increase of the number of employees with every succeeding update, this is also a chance to diversify (sic) the job positions. For example, there could be a job in which someone, before any update drops, makes a final inspection of a vehicle's variants and puts the correct parts on each variant, for the best presentation, so as we do not have to point out the wrong parts in the forum.
    This is supposing such a job doesn't exist in the Team - it does exist, it just seems that it has to get more observational, more eagle-eyed. That's what I think at least.
    --- Post updated ---
    Looks kinda like an '04 Pontiac GTO mixed with a Japanese car. Nice enough but not really fitting to the Bastion.

#40520 McBeamer94, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice