1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Duh anime addict

Duh anime addict
    Expand Collapse

no

• Like Like x 1
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Why? There isn't anything new to speculate about

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wulf

Wulf
    Expand Collapse

I'm not reading all of this but i agree with you :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So it's official. The number of pages in this thread is now equivalent to the year A.D. This will probably not occur ever again, barring the possibility of the thread lying dormant for longer than a year. It's an impressive achievement for the community, that we've spent this much time and energy discussing the possibilities of the game's future.

Now, I find myself wondering again about ropables. Could they still be coming, along with the equipment necessary for true tow trucks in the game?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

you know they could be working on something completely different than what you guys think, like split-screen multiseat since the multiseat camera makes me want to eat glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

please lock this thread we have literally nothing to speculate about

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shuddair

Shuddair
    Expand Collapse

People speculate on stupid stuff until the cool things becomes wanting the thread locked and then they beg for that. Amazing :). Instead of begging for it to be locked consider not talking in it…

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wulf

Wulf
    Expand Collapse

Really, let's think about it, have we ever had this long of an interval without teasers, could it be that devs are busy on an ambitious project that can't be easily teased?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

gone because drama or smth

#40429 moses72, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Duh anime addict

Duh anime addict
    Expand Collapse

Ok!
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh wait... tht means people will think it's a bump when we get a new teaser

• Like Like x 1
  11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I don't have anything to speculate or contribute with

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

There was no other way to type my thoughts in this much detail, sadly! Hahaha! But I'm glad anyways! ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Could be. Big projects are almost always being garnished with ambition so the makers (the Devs in this case) have to be absolutely certain their ambitions are either met or overachieved before showing any hint. A cliche phrase I use in the BeamNG forums says that quality takes time. So it's better for us to be patient. After all, the game matures with us and vice versa. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I still think development has mostly stalled due to world events, we haven't seen much activity on SteamDB besides what are likely automated builds of the stable branch

#40433 vmlinuz, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I speculate that another gfx overhaul is coming, based on this:

This the tonemap file, a tonemap adapts colors to berepresented correctly on your monitor. This is where i mod the code in order to get a different overall look of BeamNG since i think it looks dull. My code (which is a different tonemap to the game one) but its greyed out obv.

In the red squares you see BGE_COCONUT which i assume is some kind of wip version of upcoming gfx changes. It refers to ACES.P.hlsl which is a very common tonemap (ACES that is) but different to the one in the game right now. Its however the one i use in my mod although coded by a different person which gives a slightly different result. The one i use is meant to work good with ingame autoexposure without giving weird result.
    You can also see ACESFitted which is the common name for one specific tonemap code.

upload_2022-4-7_6-49-42.png
    upload_2022-4-7_6-49-42.png

As some of you might know the postfx settings ingame works about 50%. SSAO is now found adjustable in Photo Mode but you cant change it in the settings to run it all the time. Ive got a mod for that too btw.

However, where the devs seems to give us a look of the future PostFx stuff is in the World editor, under the title Renderer Components:

upload_2022-4-7_6-58-30.png
    upload_2022-4-7_6-58-30.png

Here you can find working Autoexposure (the Max Adapted.. and Middle Grey control those, also note the 'bug' ive reported where it says Shit instead of Shift which is hilarious) which is lovely for when you for example is in a tunnel and close to the exit, it can give you a really bright look of whats outside until you actually is outside. Its more or less Eye Adaption and contributes to a more dynamic feel of the gfx. Personally id like a slightly longer delay on the adaption though, it can look abit odd going in and out of shadows, as if the screen is flickering when its actually just adapting to the lum/brightness of the screen.

I use smthn like these settings every time i play, along with my tonemap mod, SSAO mod and changes to the maps sun/sky settings which combined gives a possibility to look like this at no loss of fps:

upload_2022-4-7_7-3-53.png
    upload_2022-4-7_7-3-53.png

Now, these might be too bright/contrasty for some folks but its an example and it is how my game looks when i play it. If you compare the last screenshots sky against the second to last (the one with just a front fender) youll see that the sky is blue in the second to last but all white in the last, thats thanks to Autoexposure and what balance you choose for the screen, theyre both taken with the same settings, no changes between them.

So, thats my speculation, that more gfx changes are coming.

• Like Like x 29
  15. rude rat

rude rat
    Expand Collapse

why do you care so much seriously

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Bro it's not even your thread lol.

Just because there isn't something right now to speculate on, it doesn't mean the thread should be locked.. not only is it a waste of time, but it would also make it impossible for someone to post speculation if they come across it??

This thread existed before teasers, there's more to update speculation than talking about an image.

Dave's post is a great example.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

I speculate that the update will come this month.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mad_Makaron

Mad_Makaron
    Expand Collapse

2022!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Truker27

Truker27
    Expand Collapse

Happy new year!!

• Like Like x 3
  20. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Your about 4 months late lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice