1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Just all of them.

2. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Could be both then, I don’t know.

3. Bexcon

Bexcon
    Expand Collapse

I think 2023 will be an important year for developers and for the game.

4. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Well, we got a while. Anyways, 2022 is the 10 year anniversary and has 0.25,which is a big milestone, so I’d say 2022 is going to be a massive year for beam

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Bexcon

Bexcon
    Expand Collapse

Well, if I'm not mistaken, this year the game will be 9 years old (counting from the date of release tech demo)

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Non-ITB, low-state-of-tune versions of the 1.3 could be coming, and could go into base-model or non-US Covets - even the EG Civic was available in the UK with a 1.3L engine that physically couldn't reach 85MPH on level ground.

I hope we get a Bastion coupe at some point, if only because I'm eager to see if it would be called Moonhawk or not.

Straight up, this is what the street tuned Bastion should have been. The twin turbo V6 combined with the Voltaire rims only being available in 9.5" width (i.e. narrower than the wheels used by factory sports versions with significantly less power) makes the stupid thing completely undriveable even before you hit the nitrous. The ST should have just been a V6 or 5.7 V8 with loud exhaust and some sort of NA sports intake, but with the same wheels and maybe widebody. Potentially also air suspension since it's technically in the game now. That would have been much more driveable, and also much more balanced against the other ST configs in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. schnitzer.

schnitzer.
    Expand Collapse

This year will be the most eventful ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

maybe

9. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

A Pick-Up like the B-Series and the Hilux you said can be a perfect Ibishu vehicle, because Ibishus have I4s and V6s.
    The B.R.A.T. though could be a great old Hirochi model. In previous posts in this thread (and also in the Ideas and Suggestions one) we discussed about how Hirochi can stand out of the other BeamNG brands and that's by making Flat engines its trademarks! And the modern 2.0 and 2.5 Flat-4s, along with a Flat-6 and a Boxer Diesel, can make for a competent modern Hirochi Pick-Up (plus some other models like a Midsize Sedan/Wagon, a Midsize SUV and, of course, the remastered Sunburst, whenever it comes, plus a special version of the SBR4, named the SBR6)! :cool:
    --- Post updated ---
    Nah, I'm ok with V6s, no matter where they come from! The GM 3800 can sound really sick with a straight pipe, mind you! :cool:
    --- Post updated ---
    Don't forget the carton bodykit! That was pure gold!! ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Mind the "dream build of a child" phrase. :p
    Where I grew up, anyone who wanted to show off their basic boxes, apart from putting a racing steering wheel and modest size rims (17s or 18s max), just put either a large fart can at the back (Civics, Corollas, Astras and just about every family car) or that hideous-sounding "Group N" thin fart can (Peugeot 106s and Citroen Saxos). Dark tints with questionable messages written on them and decent size spoilers were almost a dime a dozen but fuzzy dice deco on the mirror was a rarity and the "dream build of a child" vehicles I described were solely in ricer magazines, video games, translated shows like Pimp my Ride and Trick it Out and sketches our minds made and thought of as stylish. :p

Back to speculation, I hope a modern Bruckell Coupe Muscle Car is added sometime to do company with the Bastion. It looks like a niche ready to be filled!

10. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

I agree with what some of you said, I want a BRAT. If we were to get another pickup in game, I’d want it to be that. It’s too quirky and unique to not have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Isnt a brat in the making by a modder atleast? Seen one on one of the fb groups a few days ago. Beta released on discord or smthn

12. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Something seems off. I dont think the Devs have been online. Or even Leeloo. Witch is strange. Around the same time that the war started. The stable build has also been rather left for 10 days Maybe 11.

maybe they are working super hard. I mean it did Look like the teasers where EVERY early in progress.

But just got me a tad worried is all.

I think Tdev jumped online a few days ago.

13. 2020 Cherrier Tograc

2020 Cherrier Tograc
    Expand Collapse

Weird how the devs aren’t posting any teasers lately. I think the update is going to be in a matter of weeks judging by the absent of teasers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

EDIT: Thought it was February lol

#39894 a plane guy, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  15. 2020 Cherrier Tograc

2020 Cherrier Tograc
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly, the winter update for 2020 was December the 15th, and the spring update of 2021 was march the 29th. And the winter update for 2021 (December the 2nd) was “similar” to the date of the winter update for 2020. So if the devs continue to follow something similar to that pattern, then we should expect to get the update pretty soon. Hope that clears it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. H4ckerxx44

H4ckerxx44
    Expand Collapse

To get some clear picture, what is actually likely in the next update? I kinda lost track of it.

17. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Covet remaster, possibly the new civetta but the only teasers we've seen are early sketches so i'd say thats for 0.26

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

i completely agree that it is not likely that we get the Civetta this update, maybe in the Summer or Autumn, if we're still doing 6-month intervals then I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in the Winter update.
    --- Post updated ---
    There's also new police lighting in the files so I also expect a police lighting revamp in the next update, which would be VERY cool. That would end up greatly improving the BeamNG police experience, especially if you're playing BeamMP/KissMP.

19. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

This was also posted on Car Killer's imgur

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2020 Cherrier Tograc

2020 Cherrier Tograc
    Expand Collapse

Why would the devs be teasing about something coming half a year later? I don’t think they’ve done that before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice