1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree that it is interesting that the Bastion engine is in the common folder, however I sort of assumed that it would be used in a sister car based on the same platform, like the kind of relationship that the Dodge Challenger and Charger have. I imagine that this Challenger like vehicle would end up with a lot of inspiration from the Moonhawk and may be named the Moonhawk. I highly doubt the Bastion V8 will be part of very many swap projects, it's too big. I've tried to fit it in the 200BX, the D-Series, all kinds of stuff. That engine is physically MASSIVE, and won't fit in any of them without being like half a foot above the hood so that the oil pan doesn't conflict with the suspension. I imagine it may be added to the Moonhawk at some point but that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I do think a modern Bruckell pickup is highly possible for 3 reasons:
    • It's a highly requested niche (we got 2 of these back to back: not-a-LD-Charger and a modern Civetta supercar; a modern American full-sized BoF truck and a minivan are the next 2 most requested)
    • I wouldn't consider it to be excessively similar to the D-Series. In the last couple of decades truck size and tech has both come a long way. This truck would be in a completely different market position and offer a fair bit more performance (and massively more towing capacity) for comparable trim levels.
    • A modern factory extreme off road truck is an important and completely absent niche which such a vehicle is perfect for (and would potentially give us the first true competitor to the super build prerunner)
    All of this doesn't even mention the possibility of an electric version. While I don't think Bruckell would be an early adopter of electric trucks, it is at least worth mentioning.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Perhaps it will be based off the ram and will have a version similar to the TRX with the bastion demonhawk engine

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Inb4 we get a modern rendition of the De Tomaso Pantera but with the upcoming Civetta supercar :p

• Like Like x 6
  5. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Plus a modern Bruckell Pick-Up Truck could fill certain engine niches in the BeamNG lore, with a Cummins-like Inline-6 diesel, as opposed to the V8 diesel of Gavril, a modern Performance Truck with the Supercharged 6.5 and, also, a large V10 for both Heavy-Duty operations and Performance usage. Just imagine a Bruckell Pick-Up Truck version, a crazy Bastion V10 swap or a Bastion sister coupe model V10 swap!
    A modern SUV is something different than the Roamer, for the reasons ManfredE3 mentioned plus the same versions I mentioned (a version with a large Inline-6 diesel, a performance version with the Supercharged 6.5 V8 and even a performance version with a large V10) will fill niches of the large modern SUVs too.

I don't think the 1.3 Inline-4 can be suited to the Covet because the Covet already has the 1.5 DOHC for this role, especially when it gets tuned a bit with race parts. Plus, the 1.3 has ITBs and they're unsuitable for every day because they don't really go all that well with non-tuned/non-race engine parts and low revs.

About the compact Pick-Up Truck, it doesn't only have to be a Hopper variant. It certainly can share its engines with the Hopper but it can also coexist with the Hopper Pick-Up because it still has a somewhat different purpose, a more all-around one than the workhorse Hopper.
    Also yes, I forgot to mention that it can only come whenever the remastering time comes but that's kinda given, given the fact we say this every time we make such hypotheses, so...

#39845 McBeamer94, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Now if were going to see a v10 truck it would almost certainly be a heavy duty towing model but I highly doubt for performance

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

There's also the SRT Ram with the Viper V10, so there is hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

But this truck would certainly be a newer truck if were gonna have the bastion v8 in it

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I will say if a V10 does come to fruition it had better be swappable into the Bastion. Also I did the math, if they based the V10 off the 6.5 liter with basically it just being that plus two cylinders it would end up at 8.1 liters if the 6.5 was exactly 6500CCs. If it was based off the 5.7 at 5700CCs it would be 7.1 liters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yes, hadn't thought about that. The 6.5 V8 is a 2016 model, so the V10 is kinda out of the question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I don't exactly get the idea of a v10 bastion the charger was never offered with a v10

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I imagine it as an aftermarket swap option, rather than a factory option, hence the reason I said swappable.
    --- Post updated ---

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I see. What I wanna see is a config called "Every teenager boys bastion" Loud obnoxious v6, Dark tints, stupid looking rims.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

We would need a custom exhaust to do that though, with a fartcan tip and everything. If we don't go that route we need a custom modeled rear muffler setup but with straight pipes and no mufflers. But basically what you're looking for is the Street Tuned without the widebody or the turbos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

or anything cool
    --- Post updated ---
    That was a one off non-production car

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That's... That is exactly what I said...

Chrysler's parts division put a V10 in an LD Charger for SEMA. I would love to see stuff like engineering test beds/concept cars/etc... as ultra-rare unicorns in game. It would be a really cool way to get some quirky content in game and can be intertwined with gameplay features such as collectibles/rewards/barnfinds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Dear god I would hate it if they introduced cars that you had to find

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

When career mode comes this would be acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Bruh_moment

Bruh_moment
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

But what I want is to keep free roam and you don't have to find the car to use it in free roam

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice