1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

As for your first sentence, it's just like real life: if the structure deforms, so does the airflow over it/under it/into it.
    As for the rest of your comment, I don't know how CFD works either.

2. Sp0rkly

Sp0rkly
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a mix from a McLaren 720 and an Aventador (maybe) from the tail (?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

So the design of the car has been assigned to someone not in the bng staff, if I understood correctly? That's a new thing for us, isn't it? Quite interesting for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

*LeGran flashbacks*

Are you refering to Focht? According to Linkedin he is indeed a team member

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Outsourcing has been a thing in BeamNG for a little while now, not sure about outsourcing design though

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

It really is an interesting concept, but i think it might end up being good for vehicle variety, if you have the same 10-20 people design every car, then every car will have have various little design elements that would almost tell you who designed it (which so far beam has been great with avoiding) but diversifying it to have outside parties help design vehicles means that vehicle diversity would certainly grow exponentially

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

Technically this isn't new as it isn't even his first car in Beam, if I remember correctly, he did the Bastion as well

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

the dude works for beamng as a concept artist. he is literally in the credits for the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Yes I was! Didn't know that, thanks a lot

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

Bastion was made by a outsourced designer.

11. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the modeling for the bastion was outsourced, not the design

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. C-:

C-:
    Expand Collapse

You're correct. Surely the modeling, not sure about the desing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

incredibly zippy is probably used as wording here because it's literally a supercar
    we knew it was zippy as soon as we found out it was being designed

14. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone checked the recent teasers for any hidden messages?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

I haven't found anything, apart from the fact that it looks gorgeous in green
    IMG_20220222_215326.jpg Picsart_22-02-22_21-55-01-310.jpg Picsart_22-02-22_21-55-54-491.jpg

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 5
  16. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 13
  17. Cyan37

Cyan37
    Expand Collapse

Like I already mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't see much of a point in teasing a car at the beginning of its development.
    Even though the two teasers we got are both very early in nature (or at least they seem to be), the team wouldn't hype up their community for something that's coming next year.
    They're smarter than that.

18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That would be hilarious though.

"You have disgraced Civetta by losing the 2023 Vintage Belasco Raceday, you are no longer welcome inside a Civetta Dealership."

"We hearby issue a cease and desist letter for swapping a Cherrier 3 cylinder diesel into your 2022 Civetta model"

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. iva.rpm

iva.rpm
    Expand Collapse

I like the new car. It looks sexy, just like a supercar should look. Reminds me a bit of a McLaren with some Koenigsegg bits.

20. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Some "predictions" (wishes) for the content of the upcoming civetta, which I think "fulmine" is a reasonable name for (lightning in italian) I think that the Fulmine will not be a hypercar. Hate me for it, but hypercars are boring. You'll have a coupe, a spyder, maybe a handling variant and topspeed variant, but no customization and not many variants. they go fast and thats it. It is also too futuristic to be an aventador type thing, so I think it will be comparable to the aventador's successor because that gives tons upon tons of speed from factory, lots of tech, while still having customization and options. So, enough mumbo jumbo, variants. (Note: I will be making lots of lamborghini analogies because fanboy)

The fulmine is a Mid Engine 2 seater, powered by a 6 liter v12 sending power to either the rear or all wheels through a 7 speed DCT.

Fulmine S- Base model, RWD, Available as coupe and targa, 600hp
    Fulmine GT - Mid trim, available as both RWD and AWD and as Coupe and Targa, 625HP, upgraded aero
    Fulmine GTS - Highest "mass production" trim, AWD only, Coupe and Targa, 650hp, even moreso upgraded aero.
    Polizia - Fulmine S, but with wee woo wee woo goodies

oh and obligatory special cars
    Fulmine LR - Lightweight Racer think aventador SVJ. 700hp, AWD coupe only. 500 produced
    Fulmine WMR - WMR stands for wheres my roof. Based off a GTS, but with no roof. (mclaren elva, ferrari monza, aventador j, etc)
    Fulmine MS - MS stands for molto speciale meaning very special. based off a GTS. ultra limited production, with absurd looks. think veneno. coupe and targa

racecar spelled backwards is racecar
    GT3 - gt3 car. i will say that i have 0 knowledge of gt3 so someone else can go into detail on this
    le mans - also no knowledge on lemans but I do know there are different classes and only one actually resembles a production car so we'll just say that this car is in that class

and aftermarket
    street tuned - Fulmine S targa equipped with a TBW (thicc boi works) wide body kit, a massive rear wing, and a straight pipe exhaust
    drag - Fulmine GT AWD coupe equipped with an Above Ground Performance twin turbo kit making so much power that it is wanted in several countries for breaking peoples necks.

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice