1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

Yeah in fact the D-Series has different displacement engines. But the Bolide isn't a pickup truck, honestly it doesn't even make sense for it to have an introductory model, just have the standard 350, the 390 GTR special edition and the race version (and i guess the rally version) but if the devs really want another config for diversity, they should diversify properly instead of taking away power and nothing else
    --- Post updated ---
    I hadn't considered the turbos... but at that point it would be more realistic to have them on the high-end models, like the Bolide Corse mod

#37121 Koichiro Iketani, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. VerrierChivace

VerrierChivace
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about something like the Ferrari 308 & 208 which both had turbo versions, the 208 being a 2 liter version of the same engine because of Italian tax laws at the time.
    Both the Ferrari 308 & 208 had turbos at the time so I don't see why a little turbo V8 couldn't be. :D

#37122 VerrierChivace, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I am curious about the possibility of a platform cousin to the Bolide.
    the fact that it's such a major remaster, and it's been done in tandem with all the work on the van, midsize, and bastion, it's probably unlikely that they've made anything,
    but going off the very stretched assumption that they have made something, what could it be?

one thing I think of is a 12-cylinder flagship "proto-hyper" car, like a Testarossa or Countach. a generally lower, longer, much wilder body, and with a larger engine bay to accommodate a V12, but overall most of the mechanical and interior components could be the same.
    Alternatively, they could just jam a V12 into the bolide as-is, which I don't think would be too much of a stretch.

alternatively, if they were to convert the bolide to a transverse engine layout, like most real-life counterparts had, it would free up enough space for a 2+2 model, like a Ferrari Mondial or Lamborghini Uracco.
    This one I think is unlikely though, since they would still have to retain a separate longitudinal layout engine for the very likely 288/F40 style versions, which would wreak havoc upon the part selector and the whole QA process.

on the more disparate end, what if they were to put the engine up-front, and make a GT car?
    there were quite a few large FR Italian GTs at the time, like the Ferrari 412, Lamborghini Jarama, DeTomato Longchamp, Maserati Kyalami, and Iso Rivolta Fidia.
    Driving-dynamics wise, a sophisticated RWD near-""fullsize"" vehicle would have driving dynamics different to everything in the game so far, so it would be a welcome addition,
    however, such a car likely would only reuse basic interior and mechanical components, so I don't see this being particularly likely.

another wild possibility is something like an LM002. this wouldn't bring much in the way of driving dynamics or configuration variance compared to a D-series or hopper, so I don't see this being particularly likely at all.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it's not like it has poverty spec wheels and lower weight...

Seriously, the 3 series had 2.8, 3.0, and 3.2 versions of same engine, corvette had 6.0, 6.2, and 7.0. I like the 320, its a nice no-nonsense sportscar. The bolide covers a lot of ground from higher end sports car to flagship performing supercar, much like the 911.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

He probably means that Cummins, Powerstroke and Duramax make for a fraction of total truc
    You've covered me 100% on the supercar front so, with the exception of a Flat-12 in my wish list, I'm not gonna say anything else.

As for the LM002, a Civetta off-road beast would be amazing!
    Which reminds me of a car Gavril should have: a huge off-road beast with a diesel V8, width equal to the T-Series and no overhangs! :cool:

Also, the Autobello Civettalina truly deserves a place in the official content! :cool:;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Ax50

Ax50
    Expand Collapse

For the Bastion, I'm guessing that it could have an HUD dash, I know it was the case on the recent Corvettes I think? Also no other cars have it in BeamNG, so it would make sense for a modern car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

HUD would also make sense for 80s and 90s BeamNG cars because there were some American and Japanese cars that had it back then IRL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

True, the best part of the Civettalina is that it exists IRL

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely!! Although I only knew of the Lambo V12 version! That shows there can be more than one flavours, even in the game!
    The Piccolina is also missing a dragster config, with the SBR 2.5 Flat-4 and/or the classic 60s Gavril V8s!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SNFriedM14

SNFriedM14
    Expand Collapse

Hell, give us every top-spec engine in the game as a swap for the picco. (Ibishu 2.0t, garvil 6.9, cherrier 5 cyl)
    Only half joking
    --- Post updated ---

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

There used to be mods that did both things, IDK if they still work since I haven't booted beamng in a very long time. But the 'SBR engine in the Piccolina' mod was very well put together, I like it a lot.
    I'd love to see an official in-game take on this concept! A v8 would also be very interesting, probably very prone to overheating, which might make it even more interesting, but in a different way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I knew that mod with the SBR engine in the Piccolina too, it was very good! V8s also found their way into the Piccolina, so I think all concepts (drag racer, widebody race car, show off etc.) can be done!
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh come on, not yet another Inline-4! Enough already! :p

14. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

we arent getting a engine in the new car

15. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

Hell yeah finally we have a pedal car in the game

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
  16. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Not going to lie, I really like some of the things that you guys are speculating about. What I wouldn't give for the password to the qa_latest branch...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Or a Soapbox car! It would be perfect for the slopes of the ECUSA, WCUSA, Small Island USA, Italy, Gridmap, Jungle Rock Island and Automation Test Track maps! Yee-haaa! :cool:;)

#37137 McBeamer94, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I would legitimately love one in game

• Agree Agree x 11
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I would too! Just imagine trying to control it in 'Driver' camera mode while going down a slope! That would be action-packed! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

a soapbox car sounds like it'd be relatively easy to mod in. i mean, someone already put wheels on a mattress. all you'd have to do is make small wheels for the cardboard box and maybe scale it all up.

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice