1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Only time will tell, but my money's on mod, just because that's what the vast majority of stuff on his Imgur is versus upcoming official content.

I think people take way too much stock in what Car_Killer posts on Imgur.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

I know. Personally, I'm leaning more towards it being a mod. However, he did dump a bunch of pre-release LeGran wagon stuff there. That and we can all agree that the Miramar needs a remaster, right? It probably is a mod, but I (and probably a bunch of other people) would love a Miramar remaster. Also, it was my actual first time on his Imgur, as someone did upload the photos to BeamNG instead of linking. Man, does he upload a lot...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I'm leaning towards it being a mod too, though it's really close between the two possibilities in my opinion (51% a mod, 49% a remastering).
    Regardless of the possibilities though, it is a well known fact that the Miramar needs a remastering, along with a content expansion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

C/K could post anything to his imgur and people would think it's coming officially.
    It's not a remaster on the way since there would be no point in the devs making an LHD version just to then scrap it when the whole car gets remastered just to have to make it again.
    Plus there's other cars that need a remaster before the Miramar. Bolide and Moonhawk mostly.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

If the Miramar would get an official LHD version, I feel like the Pigeon would have as well. Since the pigeon was just remastered last update and didn’t get a LHD version, I doubt the Miramar would get one either. Therefore I am pretty sure that this is an upcoming mod of his.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. redjaklwhite

redjaklwhite
    Expand Collapse

To be fair the pigeon is an odd little microcar and the Miramar has more potential for actual sales if exported, which would give it a "reason" to have a LHD version.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Urbanmaid

Urbanmaid
    Expand Collapse

But is miramar JDM car?

Like adding passenger body or some faceliftrs

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I was just about to type what @redjaklwhite did! The Miramar is a normal-sized car made in an era when Japanese manufacturers started to export their models to Europe and America. Even the name shows this ("Miramar" is Spanish for "Looking at the sea")!
    The Pigeon/Wigeon duo on the other hand are two odd Kei-cars that just happened to be exported!
    --- Post updated ---
    It indeed was a JDM car, but its size was also what the export markets needed, so it was pretty logical for it to be sold overseas!

A passenger body (both the existing standard and long bodies actually, but in passenger form) with multiple rows of seats (either bench seats or captain's chairs), glass panes instead of solid metal ones, sliding doors and, also, a luxury version with a leather interior, glass tint and lots of chrome outside (chrome bumpers, chrome grille, chrome wheels, chrome striping/window outlines, chrome running boards etc, just like the D-Series - now that I think of it, the D-Series could also have the chrome striping and the chrome running boards for the Chief Rancher versions)!
    Some other things that could also be added to the H-Series are: a camper based on the H45 chassis (and powered by the 6.9 Gavril V8/6-speed Automatic powertrain, just like the rest of the box truck versions, the Cargo Box Van and the Ambulance) and, in the normal cargo versions, a separating panel behind the driver and the passenger!

#33508 McBeamer94, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I think they should focus on remastering the ones that they have started somewhat (H Series and Grand Marshall) first which I imagine they are. The H series could really do with passenger variants.

#33509 ktheminecraftfan, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

agreed to most of the stuff except the remaster, imo, the mk2 pessima is in dire need of parts.. And a model rework, also, thats not how headlights work irl lol

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

CarKiller could post a picture of his breakfast and this thread would ask if it's upcoming official content

• Agree Agree x 17
  12. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

Car_Killer's name has a "C" in it
    The new car must obviously be a Cherrier or Civetta now

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  13. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Or a Covet! :p

14. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Covet is not a manufacturer, it's a model.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I meant it is due for a remastering, I just thought I could take advantage of this "C-letter" thing about Car Killer in the meantime!;)

16. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

I take your C and raise it a D.

• Like Like x 31
  17. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

so its either a Dherrier or Divetta

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 8
  18. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

D-Series remaster confirmed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

The new car is a 2020 D-Series this is amazing news

• Like Like x 6
  20. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

"D-" for you sir! :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice