1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's gonna be an Autobello, because Gabester said that : “Autobello was founded by Vincenzo Bello in 1948 to build affordable family cars after the second world war.

I know that things might change in 70+ years, but for the community, Autobello would be more a manufacturer of little happy cars, like Fiat, not like a brand that makes huge sedans...

In my opinion, if devs would have make a Civetta, they'd made a Supercar, not a sedan.

It looks a bit european, so maybe a new ETK, or maybe a brand new brand...

I finally don't think that it will be a Hirochi, because the SBR4, which is from 2013 (if my memories are good) have pretty modern door handles (even for basic configurations), and this one doesn't, so I think that if Hirochi wanted to make a high-trim car, they'd like to put this kind of modern handles

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I really like V8s but I'd also like to see a V10 or a V12! But, on the other hand, if the V12 is gonna make a spectacular entrance in the BeamNG lore, I think it would probably be better if it had a very large displacement (say a 7.5 Liter V12)! But, then again, an engine like this in an American Muscle Car is an extraordinary choice! It's more usual in Segment-F European Luxury Barges and even in those cars it isn't as large (at least now, because there's the venerable example of the 7.3 Mercedes-Benz V12, which, in its turn, was based on the M120 6.0 V12)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Just because it was founded to build family cars doesn't mean it need to stay like that forever. Fiat also build few sport cars. Finally, devs can do whatever they want so they don't need stick to real life scenarios or brands. So it can even be even a new car from Civetta.

4. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

If you meant Jargl, that was a Swedish brand from the concept list, which are probably all dead. I also hope it is Swedish, but it would probably be under a different name. If not Swedish, then hopefully its Italian.
    There was no Charmand Vivace, just the 1304 B, which I believe was supposed to be a small hatchback. I do kinda like the Charmand name though. Maybe the way it just rolls off the tongue? With that said, there is a zero percent chance of that name ever being used.
    It is a muscle car, as is the Taurus SHO. A muscle car is just a high-performance American car, which both the Taurus SHO and Grand Marshal RoadSport are. I'm going to assume you meant a pony car, which neither are by a long shot.

5. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, although I think that if this is a Civetta, it would go along with the remaster of the Bolide
    --- Post updated ---
    I still think there is a reasonable chance that it may be Asian or American though

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Saab was founded to make jets, and then they branched out into cars. What is your point? Also Fiat made a cheap city car for a few years, and then branched out into big sedans and (admittedly crappy) SUVs and MPVs.

#33286 surprisinguser1, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  7. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know, as I said,
    , so it could of course be an Autobello (I mean, Volkswagen was founded to build cheap family cars, and know you can buy really expensive things from them), but the community will more identify Autobello as a small cars maker.

A Civetta would also be possible, but as I said, if a kind of revival is planned, it would be better to see a supercar, like a modern Bolide or stuff like this, than a modern sedan...

In conclusion, we can say that everything is possible, and devs can do whatever they want to do, it's just that people might associate brand and types of cars. (Gavril = Big american cars, ETK = german luxury,...)
    We will probably have more informations soon, and these are just speculations

Btw, I find the front fascia quite swedish/german, but the rear of the car reminds me an italian designed one...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Well, Porsche made only coupes for a LOOOOOOONG time, and then they introduced the Panamera (which this car actually reminds me of btw).

9. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you've got a point, so an Hypothesis would be that Civetta developp as Porsche, by making coupes and since a determined time, sedans and maybe SUV (Yeah, I see you crying behind your screen when you read this)

But it would be like quite an extreme version of Porsche, because I don't remember any 80s Porsche with a mid V8 and RWD o_O

10. iva.rpm

iva.rpm
    Expand Collapse

I really like the new car, and I can't wait to drive it! As for its design, it gives me some Dodge Charger vibes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Well, they did make a rear-mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive coupe in the 70s called the Porsche 914

12. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

You are saying Fiat is a manufacturer of "little happy cars", but people tend to forget Fiat also made large cars in the 60s and 70s.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

Yup, you're right, (I also forget this so...) but we you say "people tend to forget Fiat also made large cars in the 60s and 70s.", it's the same spirit as when I said "the community will more identify Autobello as a small cars maker."

Yes, it's nice, but it isn't as sporty as a naughty Civetta Bolide with a V8 (btw I saw a nice yellow/green Porsche 914 this summer in Switzerland)

14. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Fiat made the 130, as pictured in your comment, and they also made the Fiat Dino, a sensual looking Coupe and Spider, powered by the engine of the Ferrari Dino 246!
    Speaking of... Could there be room for such a car by Autobello, powered by a Civetta engine? There's only the Autobello Civettalina (powered by one of the three Bolide V8s) but it's a mod! And tbh, I'd really like to see this Mostro Piccolino enter the official BeamNG lore! :cool:;)
    And to make things even more interesting, a large Autobello Sedan of the 60s could also be powered by a Civetta engine! :cool:

#33294 McBeamer94, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  15. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Also Ferrari did make a few special sedans based on the 456 for the Sultan of Brunei, as well as a singular concept sedan. Maybe it could be based on that?

• Like Like x 1
  16. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm... These are nice, but I'd say that they were not as famous as the Fiat Dino, simply because Ferrari was bought by Fiat back in the 60s and their collaboration on the Fiat Dino came in with a bang!

17. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I guess you're right. However, the concept of Ferrari being owned by most likely the cheapest car manufacturer in the US sounds so foreign when you think about it. Also, my 100th message, whoopity-doo.

#33297 surprisinguser1, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon of the new car being an American sports sedan. The aggressive headlights and pronounced fender flares don't scream any nationality in particular, but the angle where the windshield meets the roof is just a bit too sharp in my eye. A modern muscle analogue also brings with it the potential of a police config, as Chargers have become one of the most popular law enforcement vehicles stateside since the Crown Vic was retired. And aside from the facelifted Roamer, we don't currently have any American passenger cars from this century.

Last but not least, a modern muscle car has been one of the most heavily requested vehicles, and by extension, has been one of the most frequently meshslapped. Perhaps having an official one will reduce how often that happens?

• Agree Agree x 15
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

The headlights look a bit Mazda-ish but the overall shape of the car looks more like the Charger!
    Also, apart from the facelifted Roamer (1999 - 2005), there is also the facelifted D-Series (1998 - 2003) and the two final model years of the H-Series (1993 - 2001, iirc)!

20. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

Theres soooooooo many American cars in the game it would be cooler if it was from another country tbh.
    The car itself looks amazing, as long as it aint a full EV.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice