1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

You need to also change the rear suspension type to an independent because a live suspension isn't exactly compatible with an electric motor :p

2. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

So you dont think one can replace the ICE and have the rest of the drivetrain unchanged?

3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

or you could just strap an electric motor to the solid axle.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

So, now that we have the last car from The List™ as well as the unexpected Wigeon in-game, what kind of car do you think we will see next? Do you think the Beam team will finally give in to the requests & finally add some sort of a supercar? Will it maybe be a hybrid? Or something as unexpected as the aforementioned Wigeon?

• Like Like x 5
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I smell vehicle suggestions
    Considering the wenover came with the legran remaster, and the wigeon came with the pigeon remaster, I could see it becoming a common thing to make a new car that platform shares with the car that's being remastered;
    -With the moonhawk, they may just do more body styles like a sedan/wagon/coupe utility, they may enlarge it, convert it to front-wheel drive and make an earlier wendover, or even a compact like a vega/gremlin/pinto.
    -The semi could get the long-suggested cab-over variant as a separate vehicle,
    -But what about the bolide? they could go front-engine and make a larger, possibly v12 GT car, or squash the roof down and fit a v12 in the back as a flagship supercar, they might stretch it out and make an uracco/mondial style MR 2+2, though the bolide is already abnormally long as it is. they may throw a complete curveball and go for something like a lamborghini LM002. (or it's possible that given the extent of work planned for the bolide, it's just going to get a heap of content on its own.)

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

About the semi, I have a feeling it could be remaster way in the future together with the bus, they would remaster the engines and make the bus and semi share turbos (currently they are completely different turbos performance-wise despite being called the same), and they would make 10-lug wheels universal, possibly shared by the trailers too... Generally I think despite the 2 vehicles being fundamentally different I think there's potential of them being remastered together to share some parts in the drivetrain, like the Grand Marshal and Roamer are way different but share the engines.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

The T-series needs a serious remaster, but in my opinion, the Bus doesn't need so much new stuff...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It could use either a double decker or articulated version, and also longer and shorter variant. And adjustable passengers weight too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Just for reference, the New Flyer LF came in a lot of configs... 30/35/40 foot versions for standard versions and a 60' articulated version, several styling options, and 8 power source options (natural gas, hydrogen, diesel, several hybrid options, etc...)

• Like Like x 8
  10. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Due to a lot of cities being highly interested in something cleaner than diesel buses, there has been a lot of research to meet that demand.

Modern buses as a result are probably the vehicle with by far the most power source options available in real life. A lot of options for the devs to choose from.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

With what I've heard recently, I'm thinking maybe the H-series gets a remaster sometime soon (maybe 0.24??) or perhaps the bolide gets it for 0.24. We've already seen a possible leak of the new bolide in the loading screens. Buuut with the recent trend of remasters coming along with new vehicles (pigeon and wigeon, wendover and legran, bluebuck, marshall) then maybe the remaster of the bolide would come with a new car. So I don't think we'll see the bolide remaster this year if it were to come with a new car. That is unless the devs have been working super behind the scenes on some new supercar.

12. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 4
  13. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm wouldn't say it necessarily supports that idea specifically. Looking at the post-remaster interior and lights on the GM alone shows how much the scope has changed. Even without an associated new car we are looking at a big remaster; I imagine it'll be a ground up rebuild like the Pigeon got. That being said, there certainly is a pattern of releasing a cousin/sister car, so maybe we will see something.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

True. Maybe the sister variant could be like the Charro and D-Series/FCV where its a different frame/body style off of the same vehicle.

16. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

May be an h series conversion van? With luxury stuff and maybe even a variant to carry passengers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. XR8guy

XR8guy
    Expand Collapse

just some old speculation for y'all

• Like Like x 1
  18. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the Lancia montecarlo and it's group 5 turbo and the rally 037. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

20. XR8guy

XR8guy
    Expand Collapse

that's what the 3rd post is about

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice