Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

The car that consumes the roads and spits it out of the exhaust o_O

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned the "S2R" adaptive coilovers for the SBR.
    they first appeared in 0.21, at the same time as the adaptive parts on the vivace and modern etks, (the 800's were removed in an 0.21 hotfix)
    This is suggesting some sort of more extreme trim level, perhaps digging at the porsche inspiration with a GT3/GT2 RS style trim?I've always found it quite bizzare that the SBR's configs jump straight from oem trims to a full-on hillclimb spec, with no trackday, race, or even street tuned configs in-between.
    upload_2021-4-7_22-53-43.png
    then again, considering nothing was added in 0.22, the other new content for the SBR might still be a long way off, and they just made all of the adaptive suspension parts all at once.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Isn`t Hillclimb already supposed to be a racecar? It has skins and everything...

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

For time trials yes, not for racing against other hillclimb cars.

5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

it is a racecar, but near every other car has intermediate trims, for less heavily compromised race cars. things like the sunburst track, the etkc and vivace 310 trackday, etc.

6. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

Hillclimb racing cars in Beam are meant for trials. The proper real life hillclimb superbuilds are more "similiar" to gt3 or gt4 builds and in game they could use the same parts.

But let's say there are many categories of hillclimb racing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Proper hillclimb car is similar to anything and nothing (if we speaking about Pikes Peak). There are practically no rules so as long it have engine and wheels it is true hillclimb car.

8. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

The SBR feels due for another minor remaster. Maybe another facelift and/or some new model years? It doesn't need much, but it does feel underutilized in its current form. Maybe a config for a hybrid drivetrain testing platform used by Hirochi?

• Like Like x 3
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The entire trim level/facelift selection needs to be redone. Currently the factory offerings are just a mess, it just has 2013-2020 model years for everything. It probably is realistic to have a lengthy model year run without major visual changes, like the 370Z/R35, but the introduction of the eSBR kind of ruins that. We could see a 2020 ICE facelift to go with the eSBR introduction, or call all the eSBR trims concept/test beds since they are kinda crazy (especially the eSBR 800).

There's a ton of interesting possible configs too. There are so many crazy Porsche and R35 builds IRL that there's no shortage of places to draw inspiration.
    Drag /top speed builds? Track cars? There's plenty of real and insane GTR's built for those
    Police spec? There are community relations R35 PD cars out there, so it isn't that big of a stretch to give us an interceptor
    Rally? There are modern Porsche rally cars, so why not an SBR?
    Crazy factory trim levels? Take some inspiration from Nismo and give Hirochi their own counterpart to Gavril RS and Ibishu GTz
    Custom cars? Again, there's a lot of crazy Porsche and R35 builds out there, Turbo Rabbit and Nomi could both get some more crazy kits for her (Yes I know she already has flares and hillclimb aero, but there are so many more possibilities)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  10. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

If the cars under the tarps around the maps are teasing the next car, it seems to be something rear engine and a classic similar to the Citroën ds

11. redjaklwhite

redjaklwhite
    Expand Collapse

Cars under tarps? Got any pictures, I've never seen those before?

12. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

They are scattered around East Coast and Utah, and I think there might be a few on Italy and West Coast.
    upload_2021-4-7_21-38-59.png upload_2021-4-7_21-39-10.png upload_2021-4-7_21-39-21.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 13
  14. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

15. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Carnc

Carnc
    Expand Collapse

The cars under tarps aren't teasing any new cars, if you look in the files the models are called
    deal_covered_car_sunburst_1.dae
    deal_covered_car_sunburst_2.dae
    deal_covered_car_roamer_1.dae
    deal_covered_car_barstow_1.dae
    dealercars.png

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 11
  17. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The yellow car was easily identifiable as a Sunburst from the beginning because of the Sunburst front bumper.
    Edit: Thanks @ILoveDeloreans for my 350th agree!

#30117 Softair, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  18. n0ckboi

n0ckboi
    Expand Collapse

That's not entirely true. Hillclimb has many categories and strict regulations/rules. Check HSA or FIA.

HSA categories:
    http://speed.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/classes.asp

Performance groups by FIA:
    https://www.fia.com/performance-factor

My point is that the top-end versions over 2000cc are basically lmp cars, therefore gt1-2 with different configurations. Same with other versions that could use superbuild parts from gt 3 or gt 4 for a hillclimb build.

• Like Like x 1
  19. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yessss! ;-D
    And eventually it got choked on one road, finishing its era...
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't really mind about metric gauges since I've learned both number scales but I really want diesel gauges to be added, because the stock 6.0 diesel V8 is very low-revving, it can't even reach the ~4800rpm a stock 6.9 423 gas V8 can!
    --- Post updated ---
    I just hope it gets a Flat-6! The 2.5 Flat-4, although an extremely competent powerplant, has its limits after some time! After all, the Flat-6 configuration is a niche to be filled!

20. redjaklwhite

redjaklwhite
    Expand Collapse

We already got a Roamer remaster, but they could be teasing it for those cars in the future?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice