1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

I love the last one, absolutely the best logo I ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

You did A great job! The last one reminds me of the Concept from Bitron B2. Put random object as main logo

• Like Like x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

One thing I will say is, I believe the Wendover is going to get a ton of content, possibly multiple bodystyles or more, so that it stands out as the centerpiece of the update. With the LeGran appearing to be receiving a ton of content, most notably a wagon and a facelift, it would make sense that the Wendover would need a lot to stand out. This could possibly be a sedan version, or something else. Maybe the LeGran and Wendover might wind up being platforms like the FCV? We'll just have to wait and see.

I would not be surprised if the Bolide remaster drops this update as well to add to an 80's themed update. It's been requested for ages and has been WIP since at least last summer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DudeMiserFlash

DudeMiserFlash
    Expand Collapse

I didn't really think that making that was a great use of time, so thank you. The last one I wanted to do a bird of sorts because that's what was used for Soliad mods, and just ended up making that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Definitely not. The only similarity between the LeGran and Wendover is that they are both 1980s American vehicles. There is absolutely no way they can share a platform similarly to the Vivace and Tograc, which are pretty much the exact same vehicle with some minor differences.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I was referring to each being their own platform with various body styles/models, not both being one platform.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Ah, apologies. That makes a lot more sense. This is a possibility with the LeGran but I don't see it happening with the Wendover.

#29087 Penguin72, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  8. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you think so?

9. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Legran will get a wagon variant, and the wendover is probably just gonna stay as a coupe

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

There are a couple of options for the Wendover. Chrysler used bits from the K-Cars as well as stretched/shrunk versions of the platform on everything, so there's a lot of options for distant relatives which share bits with the LeGran and Wendover.

As for proper sister/cousin platforms, I see a couple possibilities. We could see a volume midsized sedan which is closer to the original concept. The Wendover's overall styling and interior seems fairly upscale, so this would need a lot of changes. More likely is a coupe and sedan version of the same car, like some contemporary GM C-Bodies had (FF Cadillac Fleetwood, Buick Electra, Olds 98).

Then there's a stretch limo. The aforementioned GM C-Body did come in a stretch limo variation in the form of the 1985-1987 Caddy Fleetwood limo. The gameplay benefits of a stretch limo are absolutely glorious, this would be a ton of fun to mess around with. This is definitely a very exciting possibility.

2 Door:
    4 Door:
    Limo:

Then there's the highly requested Reatta analog. This might be really odd looking with that luxury car bodywork, but with some more volume/entry-level luxury car body work it could be an option, and it would definitely be a unique and decently high utility addition to the game. Especially if it ends up with a transverse V8 like a Reatta/Allante hybrid.

11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Where did you get the first two from? They looo kind of like the original Burnside logo from RoR

12. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I know that SteamDB isn't the best source, but the QA branch has strangely been updated 4 times so far today. This is extremely abnormal, usually it only gets a single, likely automated, update on Sundays, so it seems that work is being done on a Sunday, which would be very odd as I thought the devs don't work weekends for the most part. It's also very strange that we received eight teasers last week, usually we get a single teaser every couple weeks.

There might be a chance that they're working towards a update release early this week to allow for enough time to get proper hotfixes out before the weekend, so the developers can take Easter weekend off.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, maybe not. We'll only know when we get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

We didn't get 8 teasers, it was one teaser broken up into pieces

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Tdev referred to them as teasers, so it's safe to consider them as individual teasers, especially since each one showcased a different aspect of the new mode. Not to mention the teasers on Monday and Tuesday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

The more we talk about the Wendover the more I get excited for it. Can't wait for a trailer on it.

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Toot Toot Hype train,
    What we can speculate.

i think feature Freeze is almost a given. Meaning they will not work on adding any more content,. They say ok this is what we be gettting for this update. And they work on bugs.

2 T-dev has posted those videos. And the Tuesday teasers getting tasty in deed.

Its also almost april ( When updates often drop ( Other then 2019 Due to a error )

Looknig good ( not that i promise its soon ) Just looks and feels it

• Like Like x 1
  18. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Feature freeze? at .22? Before career mode's release? At that point why don't we speculate them making people pay a subscription? :D
    DO NOT GET ANY IDEAS FROM THIS OR THE PREVIOUS POST!!!!! ;)

19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

They do feature freeze before every update, it's completely normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

ohhhhh, I thought you meant that they would put a feature freeze on the entire game... forever... phew!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice