Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

speculation of a new map of the future: i think if there is a new map i think it would be a African country with off road paths because they started adding a lot of off road type of cars into the game so maybe this could become true idk.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

I think an Australian map is more likely because idk it just fits a driving game more

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Ah the Australia bud eh? Good idea bud. Can`t wait to drive upside down eh!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sturpy

Sturpy
    Expand Collapse

Would defiantly be interesting to see a left hand drive map, as someone who lives in a left hand drive country. However being that there are only 2 RHD vanilla cars it would be a little bit pointless imo. Still a neat concept

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

automation test track is set up for right hand drive ( i think ) but i think the AI is set up wrong ( may be wrong on all of that ) but i think ( off pc atm )

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

The current Grid, Small, Pure is still using the ground texture from the original Gridmap.

7. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

Wow! I've somehow missed this completely. Back when the remaster came out I remember I was surprised that there are no residential buildings, not even abandoned ones. I've got to find some time to boot up Beam and find out where this was intended to be located... I wonder if it's remnants of a scrapped concept, or a WIP that will eventually find it's way into the map!

8. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

I think it's just because Jared Samuelson love so much off roading

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I think you mistook australian for canadian.

• Agree Agree x 12
  10. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

lol yeah

11. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes, Toronto, NSW. How could I forget.

I doubt that we'd see a dedicated off road map, because arguably, Utah/JRI already is one. Every map, more or less, has off-road trails and dirt paths. Frankly, I think we've probably already gotten all of the maps that we could get; I would be in support of an Australian map, perhaps one from Western Australia with the ocean, a decent sized town, and the desert. The only other archetype of map that some complain that we don't have is a dedicated city map, but I doubt this would actually be developed, since WCA's city is perfectly adequate.

From now on, once the remaining maps are remastered, I'd wager that the only additions will be feature-based, like career mode, progression mechanics, a new garage mode, UI, etc. I think we're just about done for content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

We still do not have any Central/Eastern European maps, that should be solved by the ETKDEC remaster though. Apart from a large city map, I could see the devs adding a snowy Northern European map along with winter tires.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree, that would add so much to the campaign. Im already getting excited haha :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

They already said that if they would implement these features, they would do it properly, so it will be a long and complicated process. They have other thing planned before this, so I would not bet on seeing this in the near futur

#29074 Dothero, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know haha. Ive followed the game since 2013 and I know they said if they do it they'd do it properly. I just like food for thought :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I do not believe that they've ever promised that.

17. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

They didn't promised it, they explained why this isn't in the todo list for now

18. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

No, they didnt, thats what we were saying. They said if they were to implement it. They would do it properly. Which is 100% the right thing to do

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

So I wonder if they add another european map, whether they might consider a big east coast or southeastern US city map. They have west coast as a large city map, so why not make a big city for the east as well?

20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wendover gets a sedan version (like it was originally planned to be) alongside the coupe as the Buick LeSabre and the Oldsmobile 88 of the same era offered both a coupe and sedan.

I also did a little bit of research and the LeGran and Wendover (provided there's a sedan) could very well see police versions, as the Chevrolet Celebrity (a platform mate with the Cutlass Ciera, which is the car the LeGran, and especially it's facelift closely resembles) had a factory police package, and the Pontiac Bonneville (the obvious inspiration for the design and name of the original Wendover) saw use with a number of police forces, notably Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice