1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. FFIVGUY

FFIVGUY
    Expand Collapse

Where did you find this?

2. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Here

• Like Like x 1
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

It's been pretty much settled that the steamdb page means nothing with respect to update timing, most of that is automated builds iirc. I would base my speculation not on that but on the recent flood of teasers, many of which were posted in this very thread

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

I don't go to that site at all, I just provided the link to someone who wanted it. I did not provide that original screenshot and I do not believe that site is accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

oh I didn't know that
    I'm just confused on why it would show the latest update as 6 hours ago if it was just automated
    maybe I don't know how SteamDB works

6. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

I just realized, the player is walking on top of the bus. Who is driving the bus? Is the player walking and driving simultaneously? or could there be someone else controlling the car?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Probably the Script AI Manager.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Teasers don't mean anything. Most of them have been showing off the same thing. Also, they were posted here, on update speculation thread, not beam's twitter.

9. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I do think they can still be considered teasers, even if they're rather easy to find ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

I mean, it hasn't really been the same thing
    Most of the videos showed how it worked in different situations
    like pushing a car off a cliff, opening doors, entering and exiting vehicles, surfing trucks and actually more that I suspect I shouldn't say
    although WIP, a lot of things don't seem too far away
    why would they just dump all this info and leave us if there wasn't an update arriving
    its obvious that it's not going to be next week, but it's never gonna go into may

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Most of those videos were in response to questions regarding the previous walking teasers, and as for why they would just dump all this info; it’s for us to speculate with. It’s not like every post on Twitter or development post on the forum is a bat signal to release the update; it’s just the developers showing us something they’re proud of, and giving us something to speculate over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I would like to know what makes it obvious that it's not next week - they could have developed a new bug testing system just to keep us in the dark... and congrats on 28999, I was gonna be 29000 but acrain just beat me :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

GM did have something like that called the Voice diagnostic system so it's a possibility if they can easily implement it in lua form.

#28993 ktheminecraftfan, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Haha sorry about that

There is nothing obvious that points to one week or another, as far as I can tell, and I highly doubt the devs took time out of developing the game just to make a completely new bug testing system haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

ah, ya caught me there slug :rolleyes:
    I just thought it was still WIP because of some rough edges, like red boxes to open doors, can't yet open the hood with the click, etc. pretty far fetched specuation on my part, sorry
    and I do see your point @Acrain7 , I just personally think with the recent teasers of a done wendover interior, plus the constant flow of videos points to something about an update being on the way, but you're right, it could just be to get the community hyped, etc

• Like Like x 2
  16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

This level of hype would be untenable if an update weren't fast approaching, also Diamondback earlier "didn't deny" it

• Like Like x 1
  17. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

And i think Diamondback even like a post where someone said it best to update the game on a weekday.

Also So what if its early for a update. ? If the game has less bugs then the better. :D

You cant rush fine art i know, ( this is is LEGIT pure art. I mostly only play this and GTA! Ot and CMS )

Anyway about time a Wagon!

I know the ETK is a new wagon 3 series type car. And my love of German cars show's this is used lots ( so is all the Classic cars )

But yes good to get a cheap oldish wagon man.

my guess is next week to soon ( sadly ) I aim for the 10ths around there.

keep in mine they love to post some Youtube Videos before the update.

When they get the youtube vids. THEN i will fire up the hype train

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

if the devs decide, in some stroke of motivation and probably drugs, decide to make an actually character model, i think the most likely and most simple thing would be

a crash test dummy

that would just be icing on the cake though, cause the fact that they're even deciding to bless us with walking is amazing

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I don't think the walking Jbeam is set up for a possible human-like 3D model. And if it is then they would just add a normal human and not a dummy. But then they would have to add a visible driver to cars. I don't think it's happening but if possible I'll try to make a mod that you walk as a dummy, but it probably won't be possible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

What did they do with the character in RoR? Couldn't the devs do the same thing that was done in RoR or is there something I'm missing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice