1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

They could make a campaign without paint scratching lmaooo

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I will admit the AI could use some improvement, but if it doesn’t get updated I wouldn’t care that much. As for paint scratches, it would be cool but I don’t care that much and I doubt it will be added before career mode.

3. GearHead1

GearHead1
    Expand Collapse

dont worry campaign is a long way off.

4. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

I think its more important the put more thing in the game before the campaign like paint scratching. In my opinion they should add more effect to the car (dirt, water, rust, scratch) and improve the light (headlight ect.) to make the campaign mode more credible. Like, the car you buy would always be new or have a rust "skin". There like 2 rusted covet you could buy side by side, both car would have rust at the same place and I feel its not that realistic. Adding dynamic paint scratch could open door to add dynamic dirt effect/water/rust on the car and it would add so much to the campaign imo. For me, I see the campaign like a combination of all what they added those past year packed up in it. So for ME the campaign should be one of the last thing they add to the game. But again it is just my opinons

EDIT: "Adding dynamic paint scratch could open door to add dynamic dirt effect/water/RANDOM rust"

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

although campaign is probably a long way off, I doubt scratch on paint is a priority for them
    AI improvement is a given
    stuff like mud splash and water is just a waste of time for the devs that probably want to implement mechanics and features that actually change the experience
    I personally don't see the appeal either

6. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

well imo making the car gross would not change the experience but would add way more credibility to the game cause right now, without sound, it just look like jello car haha
    And yes water effect is probably useless and not that visible but would be nice if added one day

#28966 MrBox15, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

if all BeamNG boils down to for you is "jello car haha" then you really shouldn't have bought it in the first place
    prioritizing looks over the core simulation of the game is the opposite of what this game is truly about
    I don't get what you mean by "credibility" either, they're already well trusted

• Agree Agree x 10
  8. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

Presumed Feature List:

Walk Mode - Yes
    Gridmap Remaster - I don't want to say no, because they finished JRI somewhat quick, but I really doubt it.
    Soliad - Yes. I don't quite see how it cannot be in this update
    In-Car Driver Interface - Maybe. The Soliad hints at this, particularly the digi-dash, but it really is up in the air, and with no official developer confirmation aside from the Wendover Digi-Dash
    Career mode - Not a definite no, but no, it's not happening
    Cliff update - Why? Cliff Roads is a thing, so it'd be pretty low on the list.
    Total UI remaster - No, probably not. But it was in a semi-useable state in 2018; those pictures looked fairly far along. But just like Career mode; it's not a definite no, but it's a no. Then again, Garage was an example of this UI, and let's be honest, it had it's problems.
    LeGran Remaster/wagon - All but confirmed

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what 80's tech the Wendover will have besides the digidash. Adjustable suspension? Overdrive lockout? Who knows?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrBox15

MrBox15
    Expand Collapse

Well campaign isnt about core simulation either. I was trying to point out my opinion (maybe badly written/said sorry) about not releasing the campaign right now (like they were talking few pages ago) cause the game dont deserve it right now. Its nice, we want it, but I dont think the game is ready to have a campaign mode but like you said, the campaign is a long way off. And by credibility I ment to be more realistic (not about trust) cause the car look like jello if we dont play with sound. The visual look of the car is bland. Lot of detail and nicely built but bland visually. But it is not the place for aguing about that if you wanna understand better what im trying to say or prove me that im wrong thinking that way it me up in pm :) And I do not say that in a sarcatic manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

i'm not trying to argue, just extremely confused by some of your points
    trust me that's the last thing I wanna do on these forums
    this thread is for speculation, and I don't wanna ruin that, especially on the run we're on currently
    I kinda understand what you're saying now but I still partially disagree about the realism

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

What happened that 'went horribly wrong'? A few days before that update, my computer died and it took a few weeks to fix so I missed the initial 3 weeks of that update.

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It's been a while but I remember that there were some serious bugs involving mods, and if i remember correctly the first or second hotfix broke the unpacked folder altogether. I might be off a bit but that launch was very rough, and I know the devs were scrambling to fix stuff for days after.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

I think you are missing the point IF campaign come out I seriously seriously doubt it being anything more than a WIP/Alpha/Beta/Demo stage. You seem to think if the campaign comes out the game will be done feature wise and I just can't see that being true.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Y'all seem quite committed to the idea that the update is coming out next week. It's very early, and I seriously doubt it will come out next week. Mid april - mid may seems a much more probable time. I may be wrong, but I don't think it will come out so soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. depewm07

depewm07
    Expand Collapse

yeah I can aggree but the devs will have alot of time to polish alot of things and if they release a beta of the update than we can report all of the issues. But I see what you are saying.

17. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it's gonna be next week but I seriously doubt it's not gonna be released by, hell, even April 20-25
    mid may is extremely far away, especially considering the flood of teasers we've received over the last few days

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

when relesz

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

Would be cool to have the voice warning system that Nissan and Chrysler had back in the 80's. Idk if GM had anything like that though..

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

informativ
    --- Post updated ---
    Then why all the teasers? If the update were that far away they either wouldn't tease anything or it wouldn't be nearly as complete as we've seen. And they probably would have cleaned this thread and told us to wait rather than posting in it multiple times.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice