Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

All i want for the bolide is for it to not look horrible and make it look like a proper italian sports car instead of some sad looking offbrand pontiac fiero. Oh and a Rwd group B thingy of some kind.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I want for the Wendover are gaudy body-colored aluminum wheels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

All I want is Wendover

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Which will I get first: Soliad Wendover or covid vaccine

I hope there's a styling package that makes it look more like this:

#28424 vmlinuz, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I think the most logical conclusion there would be a probably OEM group 5/B spec, if they did it right they could make very competitive rally and circuit specs.

I could see them taking a leaf from the porsche 959 and making an AWD version for the rally spec, but I personally hope they don't, as the general ungainliness of a bolide is what makes it so rewarding to drive.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  6. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think that interior colour options (like tan) are a pretty safe bet.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Going back to Wendover speculations, do you think it will have an AWD conversion? For all we know, it shares many things with the LeGran & that car is supposedly getting AWD, so not having that on the Wendover would kind of be a missed opportunity... But also, do you think that if it were to have AWD, it would have an option for RWD as well? The Cherrier, boxy Pessima etc. all have FWD/AWD options yet by taking out front halfshafts (or the whole diff) you can make them RWD really easily

So many things to speculate :eek:

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

The old pessima has a RWD transfer case, actually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dense Water

Dense Water
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

We can assume as Legran and Wendover are partsbin cars, they are going to share parts with the wagon version of the car. Also, this has probably been said but the Legran has a transfercase.jbeam (only with FWD). However, based on the partsbin assumption and jbeam files, my best guess is that the wendover will have a factory or aftermarket AWD.

10. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

I believe the LeGran is getting 4x4 not AWD tbh

11. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Why not both?:rolleyes:
    Offroad(4x4) and Racing, or even Hillclimb(AWD) seems possible

• Like Like x 4
  12. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

This is the 80s, AWD is a new limited technology. Kind of like carbon fiber today, desireable yet expensive and new. America in the 80s wasn't doing that great economically, AWD doesn't really make sense for the LeGran.

• Agree Agree x 13
  13. RY4NDY

RY4NDY
    Expand Collapse

A bit off-topic, but what's the actual difference between 4x4 and AWD?

I know that 4x4 is mostly used on offroad vehicles, and AWD mostly on sports/rally cars, but I wouldn't know what the actual difference between the two is other than the name.

• Like Like x 1
  14. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

mostly branding... 4x4 is awd but on trucks offroaders... 4x4 is also sometimes toggable but the driver, and often used on fwd rwd platforms as an option

15. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Not true an AWD car has permanent drive to all 4 wheels and a 4x4 system can be disengaged if its not needed a VW Golf R for example has a 4x4 system because it can disengage the drive to the rear wheels when its not needed to save fuel a Audi Quattro or Subaru wrx sti has AWD those systems always power all 4 wheels

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  16. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

though the names don't technically refer to particular layouts if you ask a super anal-nerd, typically, 4x4 refers to a system using a transfercase, where the front wheels can be disengaged, then re-engaged, but with gear teeth or a clutch, so the front and rear driveshafts are basically locked together, meaning it's not that great for use on-road.
    All-Wheel-Drive is more set up for on road driving, it usually is permanently connected, and it has a differential in the middle, meaning the wheels can vary speed, though that has the drawback of being easier to spin a wheel up in the air when offroading.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  17. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

thats how its often used by marketing teams... AWD FWD and RWD are a system of classifing types of drivetrains... 4x4 is part of a diferent classification system called the chassis configuration (this includes 4x2, 4x4, 6x2, 6x4, 6x6, 8x2, ..., nxn). In the context of road cars, 4x4/4wd is interchangeable with AWD. As stated 4x4 is just a marketing term it may be disengagable by the driver, it may not be... generally 4x4 is associated with offroad cars since they are marketed as such... however all cars with all wheels driven are AWD vehicles. Many modern AWD cars have only the front wheels driven except for situations where the traction is needed (to save fuel) does this make them part time 4x4 but AWD Cars? PT4x4BAWD nice acronym;)
    Actual Update speculation:
    I hope we get the promised explaination on how the improved tire physics work in the devblog for 0.22. I always love to reed the more technical stuff...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Spoon R24

Spoon R24
    Expand Collapse

this is so sad
    can we get twin turbo and awd for leshidboxe

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

This is update speculation, not requesting parts for vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice