1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

I think it will probably come out around early-mid April. The Legran pre-facelift and wagon seem to be finished, and the Wendover is probably very close to completion, so I expect the update to come out relatively soon as those will probably be the two main attractions of 0.22.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Guess its our/my time to watch discord and wait for Feature freeze. meaning what we getting is done.

Just have to do finishing touches and bug testing.

Its getting Nearish for the update. This is there i get hyped

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. A Russian Pineapple

A Russian Pineapple
    Expand Collapse

In the new teaser, since the LeGran is missing both headlights, you can see that there is no filler panel bit between where the headlight would go and the grille.
    upload_2021-3-10_22-36-38.png
    Based on the grille design (and wagon design and all the other similarities) I would guess we will be getting some new headlights similar to those found on the '95 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.
    upload_2021-3-10_22-39-6.png upload_2021-3-10_22-37-54.png
    I am also glad to see that the entire radiator support/fascia has been redone! :)

• Like Like x 10
  4. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

Where did you find this picture?

5. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

It was in CK's pre 0.21 screenshots, actually

• Like Like x 1
  6. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

the body might be different on the post- and pre-facelift

7. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I honestly doubt that the facelift will have different headlights. if you look at the edge of the new grille, it's very close to the shape of the inner edge on the existing fascia, and if they were going to make it different, they would distinguish the shapes much more heavily, for example having a dead straight line instead of the slight curve.
    that being said, I do think it probably will have an option for higher end composite headlights that fit on both facelifts, but to keep the superaustens of the world happy, the pre facelift configs likely won't come with them. (again, since sealed beams were required on all US cars until '84).

8. Spoon R24

Spoon R24
    Expand Collapse

Wonder whendover

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

Wenitsreadydover

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Whenisitover?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

Whenrelezdover

• Like Like x 2
  12. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

This thread is getting silly ( sorry )

Lets wonder will the Wendova get a sedan or just coupe. I am pumped

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

That is actually an interesting question. the bluebuck of course got both, but then it has the exact same roofline for 4 and 2-door versions. a wendover sedan would likely have a somewhat squarer rear window, like the original 2012 render.
    that being said, with more extensive body variations like the tograc, charro, and now the LeWagon, I wouldn't think it's out of the question.

Another discussion to kick up: what additional content do we think it being added to the bolide?
    A ground-up remake, more serious than any reworks so far, seems to be in the process, considering how long it's taking (and how weird the existing Jbeam structure is), but i doubt they would leave it at just a rally version for new front-end content.
    a smaller displacement turbo V8 in the base model, like a ferrari 208 turbo?
    will the 390GTR be reworked into an even more ungainly twin-turbocharged beast like a 288GTO, or maybe a carbon fibre-clad special with distinct clamshell bodywork like an F40? (they do after all have 99, creator of the bolide corse mod, on the remaster team...)
    and will they have a really extensive facelift, and if so, newer, or older?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  14. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Maybe even a crazy drag config with a beefier V8, maybe even a more exotic engine, like a V12?
    Only time will tell if and when we will get these cool additions to the Bolide.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

I'd love a targa body. There's an old outdated mod adding it that I've kept since long ago, but an official addition to the game would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

No?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

How about everyone except Klep get access to a flat 12 for racing configs?..

Seriously though, is there any sensible way we could see more engine options for her? I don't know of any counterpart cars which offered much variety in the engine bay. I always want to see more block types and a flat 12 would be awesome (assuming sound samples wouldn't be an issue), but not at the expense of that V8. I guess I'd be okay with compromising a bit of model lineup realism if it means a new engine type.

Speaking of the best sounding car in game, the lack of creaking/rattling noises is starting to get to me. The game looks/sounds so good nowadays that those little things missing starts to feel uncanny.

#28397 ManfredE3, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Well, Having to redesign litterally the entire rear of the car Just so you could have a variant with an engine completely different set of dimentions would make no sense what so ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It looks like they are redesigning the entire thing, so we have no idea how tight it is in the road car. Then there's the possibility of any platform variations or superbuilds. Without knowing what the remaster for it looks like we really can't conclude anything like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Y E S, for years now ive been missing realistic rattling noises... Its sooo important in making the cars feel real!

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice