Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

In that derby picture, window pillars are entirely exposed as the rear quarterlights were removed... :)

2. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Gavril and Bruckell are not the same company.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

On the other hand, Bruckell and Soliad sort of are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

How do you know? There is literally no such information in the game.

#28364 vmlinuz, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  5. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

Bruckell Road Cruiser or something like that. According to the wiki, Gavril's subsidiary is Burnside, not Bruckell.

6. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Gabe has either outright stated or heavily implied on at least more than one occasion that Burnside is the psuedo-luxury subsidiary of Gavril, and Soliad is a subsidiary of Bruckell.

Nowhere has he mentioned any relation between Gavril/Burnside and Bruckell/Soliad.

Perhaps more significantly, no Bruckell vehicle shares a single non-generic part with any Gavril vehicle.

Fanon is just that: Fanmade canon. By definition, it's not actual canon.

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Wiki is fan-made and deprecated.

Looking at the Grand Marshal and D-series, they have more in common with GM products than with Ford or Chrysler models. Both the LeGran and Wendover are clearly based on GM models as well.
    --- Post updated ---
    ok but I've updated my posts with a better argument for BeamNGM. I'm looking at whole models, not just parts

8. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Just because certain in-game brands' vehicles are very close copies of certain real life brands' vehicles doesn't mean that in-game brand wholly represents the real life brand.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I'm not literally saying "Bruckell is Oldsmobile" because that would be stupid, just that the currently existing American marques have more in common with brands that are related in real life. Plus if the separate-Gavril theory is true, then the Bruckell/Soliad group has no entry-level offering.

10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

The wiki is often unreliable, but in this case, we have some developer statements to back this up:

For Burnside.

For Soliad. Note that this one came two years after the Burnside statement - the relevant portion is:

11. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

There is also no information proving that they are related. That kind of logic cuts both ways.
    Like I said, Gavril and Bruckell share zero parts.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

My original argument was that it would make more sense for the Wendover to be a descendent of a separate full-size RWD model rather than the midsize Moonhawk, and that such a model could have been related to the Bluebuck or Grand Marshal at one point. Everything that has been said is speculation, including whether or not Gavril is connected to Bruckell or Soliad in any way - but it would be even less plausible for the Wendover to have been promoted from a midsize model at some point, especially when it has little in common with Bruckell's own midsize from the era.

#28372 vmlinuz, Mar 10, 2021
  13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Wow it really is, but the '73 one, not '77. look at this, straight up looks like a rebadged Moonhawk. (Lol sorry for off topic but I'm really surprised that it's so similar)
    unnamed3.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Where did that come from? No one implied that was the case.
    It does share something with Bruckell's midsize—its engine. Likely bits of its suspension/powertrain, too, from what we've seen.
    The LeGran is Bruckell's entry-level offering:
    And even if it wasn't, how does that serve as proof in any way that Bruckell is related to Gavril? ETK doesn't have any entry-level offerings either, does that mean it's a subsidiary of Ibishu?

The Wendover is a full-size, FWD unibody coupe. Could its nameplate have descended from a body-on-frame model? Realistically, yes, but that doesn't matter. There is no actual evidence apart from "but it could have" that the Wendover nameplate holds any connection to a Gavril one, so the burden of proof falls on the person who claims otherwise—and you have none. This isn't speculation based on any sort of evidence, it's just pulling random guesses out of your ass.

And if this is just another episode in your bafflingly stupid plot to get the devs to reveal things by spreading purposefully false "speculation," then I implore you to just give it up already.

#28374 SuperAusten64, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
  15. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

As some people have said, I think it's more likely that a car like the Wendover, a FWD fullsize personal luxury car (that was probably a halo-model for the brand at some point), would have always been its own thing, probably starting some time in the 50s or 60s like a Rivira/Toronado, and thunderbird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

17. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I gave that up weeks ago, there's no need to fight over this. This all started when I said the Wendover probably isn't related to the Moonhawk at all because someone said it was

That seemed to be pretty obvious speculation but some people took it and ran as though I was stating a fact. Why so angry, is it because I said "the Grand Marshal" instead of "a full-size RWD model similar to, but not necessarily, the Grand Marshal?" I had a thought, I tried to explain it and you just piled on.
    --- Post updated ---
    I like that idea better honestly, good on you for not going to personal attacks

#28377 vmlinuz, Mar 10, 2021
  18. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Considering the info on the civetta bolide revamp is completely nonexistent, strengthens my theory of the bolide being redone from scratch considering its just bad and horribly outdated.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. DudeMiserFlash

DudeMiserFlash
    Expand Collapse

I apologize for my post earlier, I just thought that it would be a neat idea if the Wendover was a descendant of the Moonhawk under the Soliad brand. Though I will say that I specifically stated in my post that it was just something that could happen because it happened in real life, and that I didn't have any proof from the developers. I got excited about something that could end up as part of the game and I wanted to share to see whether it really could be probable. I apologize.

20. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

You're good, they were attacking me for some reason though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice