1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

yep, im a bit bored of those simplistic square handles. More classic chrome handles would be cool

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Fuel caps when

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

D series and H series rear drum brakes when.

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

wait they dont?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yep, discs all round. Been like that for ages I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

inb4 tdev fires the entire vehicle team after Wendover is released.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

yall gotta remember the vehicle team's still gonna have lots of revamping to do even if we don't get any more new vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

yeah, like the Burnside, the T-series, the Miramar, the Moonhawk and, most importantly, THE PIGEON! Please Devs make a Pigeon revamp, it has like 5 configs and its textures suck

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Don't you give them the idea of paid dlcs - any game that does that automatically loses half it's quality :D

• Agree Agree x 13
  10. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I think an indicator you guys have not considered at all is that mod approvals for the repo is halted 2 or 3 days before the updates happen. Also consider that mods are usually not approved during weekends

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I would gladly pay money for more content after release. Even at half quality, BeamNG.drive has more attention to detail and quality than any of its competitors. I doubt they would go that route though, as the company and employees are far more in touch with reality than the big studios that put a new game out every two years.

• Agree Agree x 18
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I have historically been very against the idea of paid DLC in Beam simply because it would make it much harder to put out mods which alter or work with official content (think WBIMP etc.)

Granted, I would probably carry more weight on the subject if I would actually lern two mod instead of being a lazy twonk, but still.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

The thing is, most of the people who are into BeamNG are into it because it's different. I have maybe 4 other games, and in total, my collection of games totals about $40. I think once we start talking toward DLC's, it both discourages the modding community* and restricts the customer base, as then any customer wishing to get the full thing has to pay $50 (or more) on one game.

Especially to us legacy customers, this kind of goes against their whole thing about promising us every feature of every update, despite us paying a lower price initially. I don't want to have to spend $?? to get features of a game that I was told I would receive as a result of my early access purchase. While I do recognize that BeamNG is a great product (that's why I shelled out $20 for it, something I very rarely do) I don't think it's right to all of a sudden decide that we have to pay more for some content.

*The reason I say this is much like what Shotgun Chuck was saying: if the devs release a DLC and then a mod comes out that does exactly the same thing, or even vice versa, how does that get resolved?

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Not even that, I'm talking about direct add-ons to official content. For the sake of argument, let's assume we're in some twisted alternate universe where I actually know how to make mods, and I decide to release an Ibishu 200BX parts pack. It contains multiple body kits, several different head & taillight options, some new wheels and tires, a duplicate of the stock engine with more tuning options and a custom sound, and maybe some engine swaps which are also fully tuneable with custom sounds. Maybe it adds trunk audio or engine neon or something else stupid like that, I don't know. Right now, I could get away with that because anything I'd be altering (as opposed to just making up) is already a part of the base game.

Now, assume that the 200BX is paid DLC. How would it work then? Or, maybe assume that the Hopper is DLC instead, so theoretically, you could use a DLC engine without buying the DLC itself just by downloading my mod. And, because I wanted that DLC engine to be fully tuneable in a way that would conflict with the way it was originally set up, it's technically *not* the same engine from a code standpoint, meaning automated detection algorithms might not pick it up. On a scale of 1 to devs betrayed their community, how sued am I in that situation? Or maybe the DLC engines are straight-up encrypted, so I can't add them to another car as swaps or make fully-tuneable versions of them.

That's the direction I'm thinking in.

15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So, what do we think the odds are on the D-series 'Rusty' skin finally being completed in this update?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

career mode wen

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. fylhtq7779

fylhtq7779
    Expand Collapse

scr by RetrO_TyT

• Like Like x 2
  20. jamessimo

jamessimo
    Expand Collapse

Yer that's not true.

It's the last "Publically planned cars" compiled back in like 2012~2014. Lots of cars that were never hinted at or talked about were released without being on the list (Vivice, Autobello, Bus etc...). They will still add cars, we just don't know what until they tease it.

All this means is the sky's the limit with what the team can make. I am happy with this, as the list was made when the game was slated to be more of a destruction derby, that's why all the cars are 70's ~ 80's cars you would realistically find in a demolition derby. Now the team can focus on making more cars you would want in a career.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice