1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I want lots of things - all we can do is hope that we get them ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Or make them yourself (although a custom UI mod would be a lot of work that wouldn't really pay off as it would break when the real UI overhaul is out)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ozark Mountain Cowboy

Ozark Mountain Cowboy
    Expand Collapse

Surprised nobody has brought this up but that D45 front end looks far to van-ish to be on a truck.

Another question to be raised is along the lines of engine options. There has already been discussion on a larger gasoline option, which is entirely needed. However, it would make sense for their to be at least one other diesel option considering the D-Series spans a good 25 years.

#26023 Ozark Mountain Cowboy, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The little bit of it we can see looks heavily inspired by the H-Series. Single headlight opposed to a stacked design, which means it is not either of the existing front ends. I suppose it could be one version of the facelifted front end (top left in the below picture), but with the utility bull bar in the way it's hard to make out much more than the outer edge. The inner edge of the headlight looks straight to me, which suggests the van's front end opposed to the new facelift.

I wouldn't say it looks "too van-ish" at all. Of course there isn't much we can make out so it's difficult to judge the looks, but from what we can see I'd say that front end looks fine. It would make sense if the sister/cousin trucks all share similar design cues. I certainly will be very excited if it turns out the D15/25 has a different front end than the D35/45.

Since we know the Gavril 1990's trucks are getting ""quite a lot" of changes to make them all line up better with each other I am very excited to see what changes are made to the lineup as a whole to facilitate this.

As for engines, there's a lot I hope to see. We unquestionably need a big block on the platform, and a second diesel of any size would be appreciated. I'd absolutely love an NA diesel, Chevy/GMC did put an NA 6.5 diesel in their van in '94/'95. That would be a unique option and I always love to see new types of drivetrains in game. Then of course there's a V10, as around this time Dodge had the V10 Ram and Ford had the V10 Excursion/Super duty/E-Series. The contemporary Dodge D-Series also saw a small slant 6, though I think that would be best reserved for something other than a Gavril. Getting the older Gavril engines in would also be great to see for the pre-facelift.

#26024 ManfredE3, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I guess it's that time again so I might as well post my speculations for this update:

Vehicles:
    • Soliad Wendover: The elephant in the room is obviously the long awaited Wendover. First announced in 2012, the Wendover is the final item in the list of announced vehicles. Teaser wise, we haven't seen much, just a WIP screenshot on Twitter and some evidence in one of B25Mitch's modeling tutorials. However, I do think that there is a chance that we might see it this update. The developers showed a lot of the Vivace very early on, and I'm sure everyone remembers the hype train getting off the rails very fast. I believe that it's very likely the devs haven't been teasing that much in order to prevent that from happening again. We usually tend to get a vehicle every other update, so the Wendover not releasing would be quite strange.
    • D-Series Facelift, improvements, box truck, rollback flatbed, crawler, prerunner, etc: Given how much has been shown over the past few months, it would be a surprise if these didn't come in the update.
    • H-Series Facelift and additional content: A facelift for the H-Series has been teased recently, indicating at least some content for the H-Series is coming. Combining this with the following line from the 0.20 changelog: "With Roamer’s renovations complete, we will begin work on these same final improvements for the D-Series and H-Series, expect more news with the later updates.", one could assume that a content batch is coming for the H-Series as well. Stoat did say "Good things come to those who wait" in response to speculation regarding a lot of long awaited H-Series content, such as a passenger van, amongst other things, so take that as you will.
    • LeGran Improvements: A while back Stoat showed a picture of a LeGran without a third brake light, likely highlighting improvements to the problematic rear window. Given how the Wendover supposedly shares parts with the LeGran, if the Wendover gets released this update it would be safe to assume that the updated parts would be ported over to the LeGran as well.
    • Bolide Remaster: Bolide improvements have been suggested time and time again, and what appears to be a remastered Bolide was featured in the Industrial Site Remaster trailer back in August. We haven't seen anything since then, so it releasing this update is completely up in the air.
    • Additional Hopper Content: Police parts, Sheriff and Park Ranger skins, alongside what appeared to be a Beam Safari crawler were shown on Nadeox1's imgur a month or so ago. Given that they appear to be complete, one would assume they'd ship with the update.

Levels:
    • West Coast, USA Improvements: Months ago B25Mitch showed a video of a Civetta Bolide on what appeared to be an improved West Coast, USA. Further information on the KissMP discord revealed that West Coast would be getting a wide number of changes, such as new roads and tunnels, less roadblocks, city assets being split into separate meshes, and an improved backdrop, amongst other things. Given how much we know, and the fact that this appears to be a large amount of improvements as opposed to a ground up remaster, it's very likely to release this update.
    • Jungle Rock Island Remaster: Concept art for a JRI remaster has been shown on the BeamNG Twitter account months ago. Two in game images of the remaster have also appeared on Nadeox1's Imgur account as well. Although one might consider this to not be much to go off of, remember that only a single short video clip was ever shown of the Small Island remaster until its official trailer debut a few days before its release. Also, the screenshots shown by Nadeox appear to show a lot of smaller details, such as driftwood on the beach, that may indicate that it is in a much later state of completion than many assume. Since we seem to get a remaster every update (and WCA's improvements are not a remaster, but general improvements), following this trend, the JRI remaster might come this update. However, it is still safe to say that it is very much up in the air.
    General Improvements:
    • Improved Photomode: An improved photomode was shown by Nadeox a few months ago. Due to the fact that it appears rather complete, it would be safe to assume that it will come this update.
    • Driving Dynamics Phase 2: A couple teasers relating to driving dynamics were shown by Diamondback months ago. Given that every update tends to come with a major "game improvement" (0.20 - Improved vehicle loading and water physics, 0.19 - Driving Dynamics Phase 1, 0.18 - Improved lighting and level loading), there is a chance that this may be 0.21's counterpart.

Overall, this is all speculation, so take this how you will.

• Like Like x 26
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if this is gonna be changed, but I would like to see improved suspension component visuals where the shock absorber is like a piston and chamber like on the hopper crawler instead of the whole coilover changing size like it is just a retextured spring

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

they did animate the uni joints on the standard hopper's driveshafts, so it's possible they might also do that (at least on more visible shocks)

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I seem to have missed that. Does anyone have a link to the picture described?

9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Here

• Like Like x 3
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

11. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the mystery handling changes being the not-so-mysterious torque vectoring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

From the quote I linked to:
    "You guys need to think some more ;)How is torque vectoring going to make it suddenly impossible to compete with any car from any era?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It could be a tire overhaul, similar to the recent focus on bias ply tires, but now focusing on other types, possibly including slicks.

It would make sense, as it would drastically affect all vehicle handling for the better, thus explaining why Mitch wouldn't want to play the normal version, and would make them far faster. Given the wheel reorganization last update, it's very likely they were preparing for something like this.

#26033 EruptionTyphlosion, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. RadeS

RadeS
    Expand Collapse

Oh, this would be great!

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

(Moved text from here to above post so it would be in one place)

16. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I think that probably refers to the map being different - to his advantage - in the dev build.

17. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

So maybe they're experimenting with the surface physics?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Simon Spaeth

Simon Spaeth
    Expand Collapse

Now-let’s face it. A monolith would be a great easter egg for Utah, USA

• Agree Agree x 9
  19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to provide a super rough comparison of the JRI screens to the current locations in game.

Screen 1:

Screen 2:

If anyone thinks they have a better location ID for the first one, please provide it as I'm not 100% confident in it.

Attached Files:

• jri1.png
    • jri2.png
    • Like Like x 10
  20. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

looks like a bunker on the left bottom corner of the first pic

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice