1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Ozark Mountain Cowboy

Ozark Mountain Cowboy
    Expand Collapse

My '99 Super Duty has 4 wheel discs, so its not entirely out of character for the facelift to have them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

It's not out of character for 3/4 and 1-ton trucks, especially when coupled with a full-floating axle. But in half-ton trucks, it's much more common for them to have rear drums due to the decreased towing capacity and payload.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

It's also normal in the BeamNG universe as the Piccolina has used the same body from 1957 until 1973, even the Hopper has used the same body from 1989 until 2001.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Post war Italian economy cars and 1980's Japanese "Jeeps" are far different than 1990's American trucks. Not exactly comprable vehicles/markets... You may as well say it's normal for American pickups to have rear engined .6L i4 motors because the Fiat 600 did back in the 50's

The Piccolina's production years are only 2 years longer than the Fiat 600, and the Hopper has identical model years to the Iranian Jeep YJ's (and the Hopper is essentially a foriegn YJ, being Japanese and mechanically a Wrangler).

• Agree Agree x 14
  5. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

You do have a point though.

6. corvette86_97

corvette86_97
    Expand Collapse

those vehicles were basic in some point (an economy car like the fiat and the well known wrangler) so outdating wasnt all that bad.
    for a cargo vehicle like the d-series, should be important to keep up to date...
    I say should, i know nissan used the same taillights, bed and overall the same truck from 1985 to 2010's

7. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

Yeah even the 5th gen Dodge truck shares the same basic design as the 4th gen, the only real changes is the fascia, bumpers, hood, fenders, door handles, taillights, and interior. the 4th gen started in 2009 and ended in 2020 and I know the 5th gen will last about as long.

#25667 devilboy662, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  8. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

A'right! Career mode! That's somehing that's always been looming far far ahead in the game's development path. We all know it's far from release, but since there's not much else to speculate ATM, let's take a look into the game's files, updates history, and developer's posts, and ask:

What do we know?

I'll start off by saying we actually know very little. And of that very little, we can mostly say what was once intended for career, or what was in development at one point in time. But that can hint at what's to come one day. (Keep in mind this is the update speculation thread- I'm speculating. That's almost like 'guessing'. Take it with a grain of salt...)

1. We have a few character designs that we know of, which were intended at some point for career.
    policeportrait_intro.png policeportrait.png
    racerportrait.png racerportrait_intro.png rangerportrait.png rangerportrait_intro.png shadyportrait.png shadyportrait_intro.png stuntportrait.png stuntportrait_intro.png
    And this post by Lisa, from the BeamNG team
    These are all in the game files ever since the Driver Training campaign was released.
    And here are some updates to those characters, that the devs posted a while back (Nov 14, 2017):

Now, back then we didn't have anything related to the 'ranger' (that's his name in the files). But a year and some later, Utah got a new ranger hutt- he now makes much more sense.

2. We also know that WCUSA was seeing experiments with, or an implementation of, a teleport system to switch between maps, and Utah has seen experiments with or implementation of what seems like either a car garage, or a dealership with actual cars in it.

Now off to things I can't prove:
    I personally believe that this round of overhauls to maps would be the last update to maps and after it they should make sense for career. So that means, that whatever new features the devs want the maps to have in career mode, would be added now. So we can look for patterns in things that are both added to maps, and are expected to be in career, for example:
    - Ways to move between maps, using the ports, airports (and maybe also roads at the edge of maps). Patterns: Utah has received a new airport, ECA and Small Island received a small port in the overhauls, both had no way to 'enter' before.
    - A functioning fueling system. Pattern: the remasters add to maps new gas stations and E-charge stations. See Utah, ECA, Hirochi Raceway etc. Also, the new scenario where you refuel the Piccolina.
    - Scenarios centered around emergency vehicles: Italy and ECA got new emergency authorities buildings in updates (fire stations, police stations and a hospital).

And one last thing: I think that "a rocky start" was meant to be the 1st chapter of career. However, the devs decided that it was not enough, and that career mode can't just be made out of more scenarios (can't remember if it was confirmed at any point, but it makes sense anyway). Enter: nodegraph scenario editor- a more powerful and modular tool to write scenarios, perfect for developing new systems that can replace the traditional way of making scenarios. (Check out the 3 new scenarios, or the demo in the nodegraph editor- they are far more sophisticated) Also, in "a rocky start" the AI wasn't very impressive when racing. That should be solved with AI improvements, and/or: The ScriptAI, where AI follow a predetermined path.

Both the Nodegraph and ScriptAI, I believe, were developed for career in the first place, and released for us to enjoy in the meanwhile, because career is probably still a long long way off. However, the foundations are here already.

Alright, that's all I've got so far. What have you guys got?

• Like Like x 22
  9. youwerelucky

youwerelucky
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for looking further than the usual fasciasm, tailight fetish and hollow facelift lore mainstream. Most of your speculations seem plausible although 3 years after those sketches without any real news I guess we will have every model year d series from 1950 to 2020 before we got any meaningful advance in the campaign (aka gameplay) front.

@devs, how about some honest and up to date talk about your current "early" access plans for beamng? (in adition to high quality taillights teasers) Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

another location ECUSA got that I haven't seen people mentioning is the "firwood savings bank", suggesting it might be a start location of either robbery jobs, or police chases.
    screenshot_2020-11-07_11-15-54.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

wow that sign looks depressing. hopefully that building gets a new model but thats just my wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Nice!

13. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Haven't posted since August due to taking a break from the forums, but I've got a lot of information today.

These first 3 screens are from Nadeox1's imgur.
    The first image of JRI remastered and a Park Ranger Hopper.

Another image with the Beam Safari one.

A Sheriff Hopper Crawler.

B25Mitch was on the KissMP discord and provided some insights into the WCA Remaster:

New roads and tunnels:

Additional confirmation that the racetrack is staying:

Good news for modders, the city is now being split into multiple meshes, meaning that you can now use some WCA buildings!

Lastly, there are far fewer roadblocks

Overall, a ton of new info. This update is shaping up to be really interesting!

Attached Files:

• mitch1.jpg
    • mitch2.jpg
    • mitch3.jpg
    • mitch4.jpg
    • mitch5.jpg
    • Like Like x 41
  14. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Wow, thanks for posting that! One thing I noticed on the park ranger Hopper is the new wheels. They appear to say Gavril on them and will probably be included with the D-Series facelift.
    SmartSelect_20201106-215621_Chrome.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

it looks more like an ibishu logo

16. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

no, definitely gavril.
    upload_2020-11-7_15-15-55.png

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  17. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

Oh shit it looked like the ibishu logo middle line at first

18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yep those were the same wheels that were on the orange D Series here

Look to be a similar design to the wheels on this GMT800 Tahoe.

#25678 ktheminecraftfan, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

another thing I just realised, the roamer in that teaser picture has 3 dimensional tail lights, where the existing version is just an opaque lens.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I believe the facelifted taillights that are already in public release are 3D. I think it could be the lighting making shapes look more pronounced.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice