1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

And this just contradicts the entire modding promise of "backwards compatibility"

Why are you guys saying they will merge it >:/

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Safthof

Safthof
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 7
  3. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see if the 2 maps get merged, would be hella cool what'a gonna be in 'em. They'll practically made for eachother. Now, where's my DRI remaster aye?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

lmao bad map no remastor lolle ekis de

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

dri master = jungle rock island

6. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

I heard that a JRI remaster is plan...
    I don't have source so don't anticipate too much

7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Today's teaser was released, and it was just discord emoji concepts.

8. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

yeah but the bolide in the emote has a different front end to the normal bolide, it looks more like the bolide gtc honestly
    bolide emote: upload_2020-7-28_18-32-39.png bolide gtc:

• Like Like x 4
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Do note that the D-Series also has a somewhat different front end too, so it could just be a styling thing for the emojis themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

true, but it still looks mostly similar to the normal pre-facelift d series while the bolide honestly doesnt imo

11. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe Gridmap would see a proper remaster.
    Gridmap, unlike the more "serious" maps, is used mostly for testing and messing around. So over the years, various parts were added to it to enable different testing of new features of the game. The rock-crawling areas and the bus stations, as well as the prepped asphalt, were added recently, to name a few. But it really has no need for an actual remaster.

The question that needs to be asked is: What is the purpose of remastering Gridmap?

Let's look at the remasters we've got so far, and what they added:
    1. East Coast USA
    -Visuals were updated: trees, vegetation, ground, rocks, buildings etc.
    -New locations: A new town, a new gas station, a forest tower, etc. Also changes to existing locations.
    signs added
    2. Hirochi Raceway
    -Visuals improvements: trees, vegetation, barriers and other models, etc
    -New roads were added around the facility, a few new locations: a gas station, a fig.8, an offroad course etc.
    -Signs
    3. Derby
    -visuals improved
    -A new track
    4. Utah
    -Visuals improved
    -New locations: Ranger house, camping grounds, tunnels, new off-road trails etc. Changes to existing locations
    -signs

Now, what is Gridmap missing? (BTW: Asking this same question for Port, Industrial, JRI, Cliff, or any other map in-game may reveal answers to the remastering of the other maps.)
    Its' looks are timeless, you can't update them. Or, you can, but it would be either pointless or controversial, depending on how far you go.
    Locations are added every once in a while, but I can't think of something major that is missing. Other than maybe an area for aero testing? I thought of the classic "F1 can go upside down" thing, but it's simple enough for me to do it myself in the world editor, that I can't say it's needed. Also, unlike ECA and Utah, there is no issue with roads that are not interesting and areas that are really empty, that need some point of interest (like the new town in ECA, the new ranger house in Utah, among others). Gridmap is full of interesting things and there are empty areas that are good for testing in high-speed. I don't think there are any "boring" areas in gridmap.
    Navigation around Gridmap is really easy because it's flat, small, and you can drive everywhere. So signs are redundant.

So other than new additions whenever a new feature is added to the game, a real remaster won't arrive IMO.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I am wondering if we will see

- more driving modes improvements
    - offroad driving mode for EVs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Gridmap really just needs more toys added. It's a big sandbox without much to mess around with. Look at the sandbox map Wreckfest had when the the demo was first released, it had all sorts of insane things. I'm not saying we need that craziness in Beam, but some more stuff to mess around with would be appreciated. It hasn't had all that much added to it in years even though the imagination is the limit with a map like that

14. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I think its more of a place that is easy on the computer that you can load easily, that is for testing things quickly and without having to change map every time you want to test drive on different terrain.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Whenever I just want to hop in a place for 5 seconds I use infinite gridmap. If I wanted to try test driving on different terrains, I would have a better time with it if there was more stuff on Gridmap. Put a working dragstrip on it like WCUSA that goes up to a mile, put a couple test bits on from IRL testing facilities like skidpads, hill gradients, and extreme banking turns. Give us some more terrain features like the off road bits already there, etc...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I do think that it is a bit empty, but my computer doesn't meet with the recomended specs, it only is around halfway there. so when i want to configure something or test something, thats where i go. More stuff would be nice though
    --- Post updated ---
    no, the abs light doesn't light up, and on the bottom left you can see he is not braking with full force

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Radoslav Klucar

Radoslav Klucar
    Expand Collapse

I don't see differences on the D series, neither on Pigeon. But Bolide looks different. Yeah, it's just an artwork, but it doesn't mean that we cannot get some improvements on it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

You two are spot on - it is a good map for quick but extensive testing and should be re-worked to include more tests.

The high speed ring does not work for drag cars as they handle like... well... drag cars. They need something more dedicated than the current "follow the grid into the sunset as best you can".

A gradient test area would be nice, and the test areas of the ETK performance center are some of the test areas that could be added. (skidpad, circular grip holding test ring, and slip and slide or whatever it's called)

A ring of offroad paths would go a long way to improving it as well. My preference would be to connect the underground and valley paths with a bridge over that part (the bridge really just being flat and having the path go below the surface of the ground) (1), have it go under the wall to go around the two tube things (2), and take up some of that space no one uses behind the default spawn point (3).
    Gridmap_overview.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Did I miss this from the 0.19 changelog? Possible garage changes?

Attached Files:

• 2020-07-29.png
  20. FFIVGUY

FFIVGUY
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, only time will tell. Though the level is still in the files

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice