1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure that's not from a mod?

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The police version has been there for years, and the drift version was added last update.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Well, the drift config was added in the previous update, and the police version has been around for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

It's fun and relatively easy to drive because of how slow it is, yet the Sport model is nothing to scoff at. Adding on to that, it's fun to crash, and I'm sure for many of us it brings back memories of our grandmas' Centuries and Cutlass Cieras.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I don't care what I sound like or who I'm stereotyped as by saying any of this.

But what I actually want for odd vehicles is..

A 1980s Japanese Van ~ Think the 80s Nissan top gear drove. Something tricky that flops on it's side as a hobby. Stuff that fails a moose test.

And to go along with that theme a Ford Bronco
    II or similar 1980-1990s pre 2004 SUV that is too narrow and tall to be safe at all.

Stuff that poses an extreme challenge when pushed to the limit in a very different way then the current fleet of vehicles.

Also I disagree with the idea that the LeGran is useless. I enjoy having a variety of cars. Not every car is a "good" car. They fill a niche. Some of those niche cars... Are awful.

I'd still like to see a Corvette style American 1990-2000s sport muscle car... Or more Japanese cars.

But the new D-Series ect stuff might just be stuff I'd been hoping to see for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with you fully there. The Legran is probably my favorite car in the game too (with the pigeon as a close second). I'm very much looking forward to the Wendover and wish there were more (for a lack of a better name) shitboxes in the game. I like how the LeGran has a kind of feel to it like an A-Body GM car in my opinion because it kind of brings back a type of nostalgia for me. I remember my grandparents having a 1996 A-Body Buick Century and a 1998 Chevy Lumina when I was younger, my dad had (and still has to this day) a 2002 Camaro, I currently drive a 2006 Grand Prix. So really, I like "crappy" American cars from between, but not limited to, 1983-2009 because those were the cars I grew up with. Those cars hold a special place in my heart for a nostalgic sake, and I'm glad I own one in real life too. I want the Wendover because for me personally, it would bring back good memories and make me happy. I personally can't connect with exotic supercars because in my opinion they're unrealistic and flashy. I know I look to have gone on a rant, so I'll just end with this: if I had a million dollars, I wouldn't spend it on expensive, fast, exotic cars. I would spend it on the humble cars that bring back good memories and personally make me happy, that's why I want the Wendover in the game, and like cars like the LeGran.

-edit-

this is exactly what I'm talking about.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I am kind of the same on the exotics given a million $ thing. I do prefer old exotics pre 2004 and cars in general pre 2009 though.

All the way back into the 1950s mostly back to the 1960s though.

The most nostalgic cars for me from from the late 1980s or early 1990s personally. Japanese or American... European whatever. I don't really have a huge bias I just like cars, slow, faster? Whatever... I like cars. I like weird cars, sports cars, trucks, fast cars, horrible trash on wheels, heavy cars, light cars, big cars, small cars.

Fwd, Rwd... Awd 4wd.. I'll still drive them... Just prefer the raw cars from pre 2009 before computers took the stage and cars became flashy appliances for everyone.

I do prefer RWD cars with a bit of power though, but I'll drive a 126hp FWD Diesel from Europe for an hour in really dumb traffic and still have fun. I just like cars. So for me the more varied platforms and niches the better..

• Like Like x 3
  8. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

And if that's what you like, I won't judge you and I respect that. What I'm saying is that I don't like people going around saying "cancel the wendover to make more supercars", just like you wouldn't want me saying "cancel the supercars to make more shitboxes". We both like our specific cars and that should be respected by everyone, but sadly, not everyone respects these nice things called opinions. Sure I would like to see more older American cars personally, but the game isn't just for me to play, it's for everyone who has $25 and a steam account. That brings me to the thing I like about beamng, the diversity of all the cars in the game. I like that the devs don't subject everyone to only one type of car, they're creative and come up with a whole bunch of different things. That's why I don't like when people say "cancel this car, cancel that car". Beamng needs diversity, and if that diversity is broken it wouldn't be a fun game anymore.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

no, the drift version has been there for time immemorial, I'm pretty sure it's existed since the 0.3 days.

but back on topic, i'm interested to see how extensive the caves in sia are, and if there are multiple parts like the mines in utah?

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Nah, probably not. It is a "small island" after all. But those caves are pretty big tho, not the length but the width and the height.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

It appears Update speculation need a realignment.

Going on my experience here, I feel we will have an update (0.19) during this month. Normally when they start announcing new maps they'll be released in about two weeks, but given the current situation I'm going to say within the month.

13. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Im going to guess that the update will be posted on a Friday. Even with the coronavirus going around, I think they’ll release it at the end of a week.

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

0.17 was released 8 days after its map video and 0.15 was released 3 days after its. I can't imagine we are looking at anything longer than a 7 day wait.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Well they working on home and made a post saying it will do little or no Difference short term. ( Wonder what long term will be, What plans beam has after this Due to Coshit20 )

Anyway, I think a dev said wont be a Friday ( Saturday ) So maybe before the Easter break. :)

Now this is just my 2C. But yeah.

BTW am Falcon XR8. But due to lost pastword's am back on this account :)

16. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

It was stated it won't release on a Friday by Nadeox1, next week seems very likely though according to the original quote if someone could find that further back in this thread.

At this point I can't even remember how much stuff is going to be added/fixed in this update, it's gonna be huge!
    I gotta say Small Island looks very Mediterranean despite still being based on Texas.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

i think it'll be released within the next 6 months what do u guys think

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. crazyslimdude6

crazyslimdude6
    Expand Collapse

I'd bet on those chances.

Also, that music for the small island trailer was great, I hope Gabester's music makes it into beamng somehow.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

hahaha gold

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

yea or a more updated soundtrack from him. his old stuff is kinda showing its age :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice