1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

JRI has a lot of potential, but the limited realestate will be a problem. There's only so much room to make the island populated, or at least look like it once was. JRI, Port, and Industrial probably all will be nightmares for backwards compatibility too. Combine that with the fact that the map team has always been incredibly quiet compared to the vehicle team... The radio silence doesn't surprise me, though I wish we knew their plans for after these remasters are finished.

Nothing major, the only thing we know is it's getting it's own version of the D-Series platform's suspension. Between the Cherrier, Charro, D-Series, Roamer, and the new off road truck all being worked on right now I doubt they have anyone to spare to work on the van in time for this update. She's another one of the vehicles that has a ton of untapped potential, so it's best that they take their time with it once their hands aren't so full.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

JRI looks like an abandoned island used by the Japanese in WW2 and was completely forgotten after they left. It has bunkers and a fort (for artillery maybe) and even an airport. And the port maybe was used to collect or send supplies. And the observatory maybe was used for watching enemy planes? Also, maybe they were military buildings but they were destroyed by bombs. JRI's lore is bizzare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Further to what Manfred already touched on, here's a link to that info on the H-series, straight from a dev:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/gavril-h15-vanster.241/page-9#post-1131923

As for JRI's history, I don't think that there's anything official. What me and @DriftinCovet1987 came up with for Green Ghost of Selva Rocosa was that it once belonged to the Spanish during the Hispanic Monarchy , who constructed the fort and gave the island its modern name of Selva Rocosa (Rocky Jungle in Spanish). It was seized by the Japanese early on in the Second World War, who constructed the pillboxes, and fell into the hands of Allied forces later on.

What I can tell you from looking at the structure of the buildings (as they are in-game currently, they are subject to change with the rework) is that at least some are likely post-war. While the runway itself is constructed of metal mats as was common during the war, the airport control tower is of brick construction instead of the usual exposed steel skeleton. The observatory (of the same brick construction) is of the type designed solely for astronomy, and while it could perhaps be used to spot ships if need be, it's terribly exposed.

In the port, the type of container cranes used in the port weren't even developed until 1959, and the shipping containers themselves are of a relatively modern (post-1975), corrugated-steel construction instead of the old style with riveted panels.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

sure it was taken

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Done something better than first time
    4.jpg
    I'll wait the release and see if I like the rear of the car from a 3D view and not only with photos.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

is it just me, or does the paint look more metallic in this?

• Agree Agree x 11
  7. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking the same thing
    Mostly around this part
    upload_2020-3-30_20-49-59.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Toddolius

Toddolius
    Expand Collapse

Realistic light flare :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The update will be at exactly 4:20 PM on April 20, and will feature marijuana leaf skins for all vehicles.

Source: Ab Rectum research institute.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. RadeS

RadeS
    Expand Collapse

How?!

11. Davazz

Davazz
    Expand Collapse

Implementation of geese confirmed for the next update. Pictures are from Nadeox1's imgur page.
    ItcHmna.jpg
    0J9rkYF.jpg

• Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Screw Cherrier and D series revision, geese are what we need!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Nah it's just another bird trying to sneak in a group of geese

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

Yes this is what we need goose!
    Goose added is epic!

• Like Like x 1
  15. RadeS

RadeS
    Expand Collapse

I think how to find out realese date.
    Travel to the Future and ask someone. ;):p

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

Did steps wrong i end in 2013

• Like Like x 1
  17. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I beg to differ. The last two maps released, west cost and Italy had in depth build threads. We were walked through just about every step of the process and got detailed looks at what was going on in those maps development. We've never had anything like that for vehicles, except maybe for the dev blog on the vivace development. We've always gotten plenty of teasers from the map team on the revamps ahead of time as well.

18. Cilria

Cilria
    Expand Collapse

No we had only two teasers so far and plus we had vehicle dev blogs way in back in 2013-2015 and do i need to explain that small island USA is not going anytime soon that would fuck up everything

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

honestly metallic paint would be awesome, it obviously possible and has been in the files for some time but now it does seem closer

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

For two maps. That isn't a trend. We had no idea a Utah remaster was even on the table until shortly before that update. Little to no word on what's going on with the other maps. I don't think we knew about the ETK map until release day. We have no idea what their plans are after these remasters, I don't think we've ever gotten a roadmap outside of those two maps. Compare that to the vehicle team, where we've always known more or less what the roadmap is and see a lot of interaction with the community from multiple members. When was the last time we even saw anyone from the map team even make a post on the forums?

I'm not saying it's overall a good or bad thing; it's just a different approach. And a bit weird compared to the very active vehicle team, sound guys, and fairly active everyone else. I would like a rough roadmap though... Will the ETK center ever become a full map? Will more maps get underground feaures? Will we ever see another Italy sized map or a normal sized map or more tracks like Hirochi and Automation? Is the team currently split between new content and remasters?

At least we know more about maps than we do the UI...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice