1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

As far as I am aware, not signalling before turning is legal, it just isn't good driving.

Maybe they'll differentiate where you are and aren't allowed to pass other cars?

2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where you're from, but I am pretty sure indicating is required in most (if not every) country.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Olaf_gaming

Olaf_gaming
    Expand Collapse

I could imagaine something like spike strips and better maneuver to stop your vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

5. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

Now that you mentioned it, the Rocky Start campaign, which I believe was a career mode preview, had the same type of art as the dev blogs. What would y'all think this means for the cut scenes and shit in the actual career mode?

6. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

They hire someone else?

7. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

If they did, that would also bring up the question: Would the new artist redo the artwork for "A Rocky Start"--as the difference between the two artists could be quite noticeable--or would they leave it untouched?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

Maybe career mode is far enough along that a lot of drawings need to be made, and the artist's time is better placed creating career mode content. Does anyone have any proof that they don't have the artist on the team anymore? I remember that during some interview on a german site (around the time the bus was close to release) they mentioned that the game was to be completed (this could refer to having all promised features) by 2019/2020 and during a devblog post they said that they would want carer mode done by 2019 (the 0.15 first release devblog). Considering the fact that it is 2020, and the game has been in development for around 7 years (AFAIK), they would need to release it sooner or later as development costs money, so I think that there is a real possibility that maybe all we will get is the revamp of the old maps, some more old cars reworked, the new Cherrier Vivace, the Wendover, and finally a career mode. If they implement all of these by early 2021, and move on to beta testing, making sure career mode is well balanced, maybe sticking around a bit till the community makes mods that work well with career mode (cars that are not too cheap to break the progression, mod parts that don't let you skip parts of the story, etc.) than they could release the game by the end of 2021/start of 2022. Maybe the team works faster that I am anticipating and there are a few more maps and cars coming in the final game. However nothing other than the Wendover and the career mode is "promised" by the devs (as far confirmed), so after adding that they could release the game. I don't want to sound too pessimistic, but at the end of the day Beam.NG is a company that needs to profit in order to survive.

Maybe I am wrong and this will end up like the Automation game, where it gets developed for even longer and they add all common vehicle archetypes and add a map on every continent and they blast by everyone's expectations of what this game could be.

Sorry for the text wall

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

I was messing around with the Covet on the winters of Poland when noticed that the engine oil gets warm faster than the coolant. In real life this will be completely different, coolant is the first one to heat up and cool down, that's why street engines don't have an oil cooler (doesn't heat up that high), but a heat exchanger (coolant heats oil and mantains an optimal temperature).

They even heat up slowly, it is faster in real life. An engine heated up increases fuel mileage and lowers friction and wear, that's why brands want the engine heat up as soon as possible.

I know BeamNG isn't an engine thermal simulator and isn't finished yet, but having this features is really nice, and I think devs can improve this things even more.

In a 80hp engine I can't set 15 as a friction value, because I will need to raise inertia also and it will be kinda undriveable, but if I set 10 as a friction value, then, at idle, engine will cool down, and that isn't realistic.

Just my two cents, I'm a person that wants to experiment and mess with engine temperatures :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

They said they were going to finally start work on career mode in 2019, so hopefully they've made it somewhat past the stage where there isn't even art for it yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

We already do, an alert can say, "You got ticketed!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

No, they said there are still working on it at always, its a big thing and its far from having something that is quite solid as a playable demo they want to have.

13. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Arguably, the 'Rocky Start' campaign was something of a playable demo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

A lot of people have been talking about police chase improvements, so here's my two cents.
    1. We don't need to have a ton of police vehicles spawned at once. That puts more strain on the computer, and probably isn't worth it. Instead, the focus should be on making the few police vehicles spawned very competent and capable of stopping you without requiring sheer numbers.
    2. Roadblocks and Spike Strips could be a thing, deployed at higher heat levels, as sawhorse barriers and spike strips would likely be very FPS friendly, but these should only feature one police vehicle maximum. Again performance should be a priority.
    3. Better UI integration. As of now the game only tells you if the police bust you or you escape them. There should be messages regarding when and why the police are chasing you, when heat levels increase, and when you disable a police car.
    4. On that topic, police vehicles should be able to be disabled. As of now they still attempt to chase and are able to bust you when they are completely obliterated. Damage should not be calculated by the current, inconsistent method, but rather by the force of impacts (heavy impacts would disable police cars), critical components being broken (includes critical mechanical parts, tires/wheels, etc. would disable police cars), and vehicles overturning (would disable police cars regardless of damage). A disabled police car should stop, turn off it's siren, and lose its ability to bust the player.
    5. The most important thing that needs to be changed is the police AI itself. All it's good at doing is ramming you head on and reversing into things, and even when they're chasing you they're extremely slow. Police officers are usually some of the most experienced drivers around, so the fact that they're some of the most useless in this game is concerning. They should be a lot more persistent and faster, as well as being able to perform PIT maneuvers and being able to box the player in.
    6. The cheating has got to go. As of now they always know exactly where you are and automatically home in on you, making the only effective way to lose them leaving roads altogether. They also constantly spawn right on top of you, so even if you take tons of backroads, there will still be police cars constantly spawning on top of you. The radius for them to be able to "bust" you is also way too high. If you get a certain distance away from them or lose visual contact, they should start randomly searching (as opposed to homing in on you) and initiate the countdown timer for you to escape.
    7. Playing as a police officer should be more intuitive. Other police cars should assist you in chases, and possibly the ability to request other units to set up roadblocks and such should be implemented, and the vehicles you can chase should be clearly identified, possibly via nametags (similar to multiseat, saying "suspect" or the like) or something else.
    8. Career mode integration. As it seems that the police will be a major part of the upcoming career mode, there should be consequences for getting caught by the police, ranging from fines to getting vehicles impounded.
    9. Better police vehicle spawning and variety:
    • There should be a few different police cars for each map. Many maps only have one unique/realistic police car, and some even don't have any whatsoever.
    • Only realistic, relatively modern police cars that fit the map should be spawned as police cars. This means no more Bluebucks and Autobellos everywhere, or no Belasco Police cars on East Coast, USA.
    • And, as always, realistic interior equipment is still lacking.

This are just my own thoughts, of course. As a major fan of police chases in all sorts of video games, proper pursuits would make BeamNG a lot better in my eyes, however the current system is horribly unfinished and unplayable at times.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Well, since career mode didn't come out in 2019. I'm hoping it will come out this year. Anyways, I have a question for the users on here. Does anyone else on here think that the caravan should get an expansion/remaster?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

Definitely. It would be nice to have more functionality with it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a twin axle variant, more interior configs, the ability to change its colour, some cheesy 80's brown pinstriping, a fibreglass tow neck cover, and working interior lights would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  18. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Something like a tv with vcr and there you go, the campers dream.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Tow mirror options for most cars as well, that'd be neat

• Like Like x 4
  20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

More towing stuff in general is needed. We got the box utility trailer pair in 0.10 and the fifth wheel trailers in 0.6/7. I don't think we've gotten any towing content since then.

I don't want to turn this into trailer ideas and suggestions thread, but I easily could.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice