1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Hot Take: The Moonhawk needs to be reworked. Its the perfect body style for a sedan and a wagon as well as the coupe we already have.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

They're dirt racers, not post-apocalyptic cars. And all of the existing ones are old and American.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

This car kinda reminds me of a modern piccolina
    Anybody get this same vibe?

4. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I want to clear something about current vehicles development process. Quality is priority than quantity for us. In conditions of limited resources we are focusing on filling missing niches of the vehicles in the game as well as finishing list of promised cars, but every car need to be unique enough and bring enough gameplay value to the game. Thats why Wentward dt40l, Autobello Piccolona, Hirochi eSBR, Hopper Crawler, Cherrier Vivace was made. Their goal is to bring new gameplay to the game. That why Soliad Wendover will be the coupe and will be reworked to make this car interested and unique enough. At different stages of the game development priorities also changes. With the current stage we also have to improve quality and expand customization for some of the cars. But, with all those been said, keep in mind that our resources are limited.

• Like Like x 32
    • Informative Informative x 5
  5. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Any examples of how it will be so unique?
    --- Post updated ---
    Why would they need anything more? They weren't handlers in the first place.

In fact, FWD fits such a car in quite a few ways. There is more space, less NVH and a more appealing price tag.

6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

May I ask what exactly do you mean by "finishing list of promised cars?"

7. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

8. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Not like unique UNIQUE, but we aware that original concept is very similar to Le Gran, we will try to make it different enough. Its still under discussion.

I mean finish the Soliad Wendover.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 4
  9. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

So, given that the Vivace is an AWD capable hatchback (and therefore it's safe to assume there will be a rally variant), I'm curious about something:

How likely is it that anti-lag will get put into the game? I remember hearing a while back that anti-lag required a good fuel system simulation, but that was before we had backfiring, which itself needs a fuel simulation.

If we can get anti-lag with the Vivace, that would get is pretty close to a modern WRC car I'd imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Maybe make a poll to decide what direction Wendover development should take?

11. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

What we'd end up making.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 4
  12. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

640px-Bigfwd.jpg
    So the concept list does still have some relevance than? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Falkrum

Falkrum
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Cant promise anything, but I am listening all of your suggestions and ideas that I managed to discover, so they will be discussed.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a midsize personal luxury coupe with only 2 seats. This could include a digi-dash and a touchscreen similar to a Buick Reatta/Riviera.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I would prefer something bigger and more luxurious.

Something like a Cadillac Deville or Sixty Special, with hearse and limo options.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

How many directions can it take without changing it to become a different car under the same name? There's the Allante flavor, which is just shove a V8 under the hood and give it ties to Civetta. There's the Thunderbird route, which is give it RWD and performance trims. Bump the year down to make it a boxy land yacht predecessor to the original proposal. That's all I can think of.

Also, democracy sucks for things like that since 75% of the community is entitled 13 year olds who want this game to become GTA and only have modern Lamborghinis. Look at the Youtube comments of any recent BeamNG video for evidence.

As for the resources comment and quality vs quantity, that's half of the reason why I want everything to get a lot of body styles. Take the Moonahwk for example. That frame could get a ton of different cars put on it. Sure it would be a lot of work to give it a wagon, ute, sedan, Soliad version, etc... But that's a lot less work than putting all of those on new platforms, and things like an American ute and 1970's Sedan and muscle wagon would add a nice bit to the car roster. The other half of the reasons is to add to the story of these BeamNG car companies.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

So democracy is bad because people don't vote for the stuff you like, and instead prefer what they like?

• Like Like x 1
  18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Well then, if you're listening to our suggestions, then I have something that might just interest you.

Have you seen my suggestion of the Wendover having an Electronic Voice Alert (EVA) system? I made a thread for this idea back in 2017. I also suggested this idea for the LeGran, but I'm more open for the Wendover having it.
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/electronic-voice-alert-eva-system.34626/

Giving it an EVA system will tie in nicely to what you said about making the Wendover more unique.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Yes actually. I don't like stuff like what crazikyle posted and don't want that in game.

Take a look at the general BeamNG audience. Not just the 15 of us here on this thread, not just the 200 or so active on the forms + however many lurkers, I mean the general community. The ones actually buying the game. The ones that don't care about the physics engine or the game play or the health of the game. The ones who only click on the shiny crash compilation videos and meshslap mods. Do you really want them deciding what to do with a 1980's personal luxury coupe?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

The Wendover wasn’t on the concept list. It was on the “Vehicles in development” list. Note how every vehicle on that list has since been added to the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice