1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

bruh

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

The vehicle we saw looked like a hatchback, definitely. I was stating that that does not disqualify it from being a crossover as well. I, for one, would very much like to see that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TheAwf2l

TheAwf2l
    Expand Collapse

The ride height makes it look more crossover to me though. but a hatch is still a possibility
    --- Post updated ---
    And it also seems like there is a light bar of sorts connecting the taillights upload_2019-12-19_18-50-2.png

Attached Files:

• upload_2019-12-19_18-49-43.png
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I know this was dropped already but jeez. I didn't think people could get so worked up over the time period of a car. Wtf? I say you can't call yourself a car guy and continue to gatekeep and praise one type of car and call everything else shit. Also, this is just being an ungrateful person, I'm sorry.

Anyway, rant aside, I think the new car may be a whole new brand. It doesn't give off many American vibes to me, leaving all of the American manufacturers out of the question and it's certainly not Japanese. It honestly doesn't look like something Civetta would make for...obvious reasons...and Autobello is a hard maybe. ETK is looking possible, but it doesn't look all that german either. I think it's gonna be French or-hear me out on this-British. Or at least a British division of Gavril.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. TheAwf2l

TheAwf2l
    Expand Collapse

The rest of the car looks french, but I gotta say the rear end looks Maserati
    --- Post updated ---
    Dunno why but masarativibes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The car has a new logo which is reminiscent of French logos. Doesn't mean it's French and brands do occasionally make new logos for specific cars, but I doubt this is the case. Probably either a new German brand or from a new country.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I can definitely see a little Levante DNA in this. The rest looks like maybe a Peugeot 3008. I wouldn't mind a Peugeot in the game like maybe a newer RCZ or the 5008. A Renault wouldn't be bad either.

8. bgrunwald

bgrunwald
    Expand Collapse

I never understood the whole "modern vehicles look alike, and that's bad" 30,40,50 years ago, almost every car maker (or at least region of car makers) had a different way of making their cars. There's a reason that almost every brand makes their cars the same way now... it's cheaper to make, better on resources, and safer. Yes, every crossover has similar features and follows the current design trends, but you're lying to yourself if you say you can't tell a Cadillac CT6 from an Infiniti Q70. If you strip the cars down and squint, yeah they might look alike, but almost every brand has a very well established design cue, unique to only their cars. Decades ago, when every American car was built the same, they all looked the same, granted they looked way different that European cars, or Japanese cars from their time, but it's just the natural evolution of the whole thing.

If any of you can tell me how two cars ever so slightly resembling each other makes them genuinely bad, i'd love to hear it. And I don't mean "cars of yesteryear was just more beautiful", that's your opinion, and besides the point. There's no denying that the computers and technology in cars today makes them far superior. Cars today are incredibly reliable, no one wants to admit that cars from decades ago were terribly unreliable (albeit easier to work on than modern cars)

OT: I wouldn't be surprised if they made a hatchback and crossover version of the new car, as all it would really require is some plastic cladding, "beefier" front bumper, and raised suspension. Plus, the majority of modern hatchbacks offer a crossover variant.

Also, I only see it having a light-bar, no distinct tail lights, unless I'm missing something.

#20328 bgrunwald, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Idk, the only sub-brand we have atm is Burnside, so maybe they're gonna make this an Autobello (?) sub-brand. I could see this being an Autobello, but we only have one car from them, and I highly doubt the devs would want to jump almost 70 years with Autobello. I assume that's why all of the companies don't have a year range over 50 years apart. If that makes sense.

10. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I agree completely. I am getting those Maserati front end vibes from it... with maybe an sprinkle of german and french.
    This one is an interesting one, and its all im going to say

11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I don't see anyone saying they look the same therefore they are bad. Just that styling tendancies have all melded together. Everyone has an egg shapped crossover, regardless of country. That's not bad, it's just how it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bgrunwald

bgrunwald
    Expand Collapse

you're right, meant to say that people are saying it's bad that all new cars look similar, not that the cars themselves are bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

100% agree. I'm pretty sure my mom's 2014 Camry is very different from a 3-series of the same year, so the "look-alike" argument is irrelevant. Also, people can not bullsh*t and say that there were some look-alikes and ugly cars in the 50s and whatnot because there certainly were. Plus, people act like this just started in the 2000s. Think of how people born in 1910 felt when they saw a Corvair for the first time or something. This is unfortunately something that the car enthusiast community will have to deal with forever. I will continue to at least respect new cars, even the bad ones, but I bet you that in 40 years, people are gonna be saying the same things but using cars like the damn Mk5 Supra as examples and other cars people hate now.

OT: It's very possible that it only has a lightbar, but it may just be the lighting. However, the Lincoln MKZ has a light strip that is both linear and functional, so I wouldn't be surprised. Plus who doesn't love a good lightbar connecting the taillights? It's pretty much a selling point and a trademark for Dodge and Lincoln, so it's clearly popular.

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Generally when people say that modern cars are similar they are referring to the fact that every company has at least one turbo 2.0L i4 egg shaped crossover and those are very popular. Every time I walk into a car dealership that's what gets pushed. They are not saying that a Camry and 3-Series look similar. Even the Mustang and Blazer nameplates are on egg shaped crossovers now. Obviously not literally every car made after 2000 looks the same, I doubt you could find anyone claiming the Sterling Moss and the M8 look the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Funniest tantrum I’ve seen here in a while. And yeah it doesn’t look like a Civetta. I oddly enough got Chinese or Geely vibes from it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lil Rocket Man

Lil Rocket Man
    Expand Collapse

From the side, the first thing I thought of was the current gen Corolla hatch. It might possibly be another Japanese car. I sure hope it isn't but there's the possibility.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Simon Spaeth

Simon Spaeth
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Because they are a random artificial hazard that requires approximately the same considerations as oncoming traffic, but comes from the other side and usually has no specifically marked space. They reduce everyone's margin for error, cut maximum ethical road width use by 30-35% and maximum ethical speed by some unknown but presumably similar percentage, and multiply the danger presented by other hazards as there is no longer a "safe side" to ditch towards. And that's a responsible rider on a country road, not even getting into the DUI revocations who continue to display their utter lack of higher-order mental function by riding down the middle of the lane at 2AM with no lights or the urban cyclists who ride like they're trying to play Frogger in real life.

And then they get in the internet and bray up and down about how they only take up a tiny amount of road space, and they're totally regular traffic, and have a right to be there, and, and, and, and, and... and then still call themselves car enthusiasts. And then scream about gatekeeping when called out.

It is the bicycle mentality to consider yourself less selfish than 90% of people despite asking for more accomodation - and more onerous accomodation - than that same 90%. It takes some spectacular cognitive dissonance to demand that every other road user design their entire driving style around the mere possibility of your presence, and then call other people selfish for pointing out that that's not even realistic, let alone reasonable.

Do you have a right to ride a bicycle on the road? Unfortunately, yes.

Is it annoying to other road users? Also yes.

Is it destructive to car culture? 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt yes, and no amount of whataboutism will ever change this.

Is there any way to ride a bicycle on the road without being both a nail in the coffin of the car hobby and a freakishly annoying mobile obstacle for the normal drivers to watch out for? No. No there isn't. And there never will be again.

If you're coming from a bicycle-centric point of view, asking things like "why shouldn't drivers be perma-locked to the exact center of their lane?", then you're already looking at it wrong.

#20338 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Dec 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

#20339 vmlinuz, Dec 20, 2019
  20. vintage apple

vintage apple
    Expand Collapse

my bet is on January 18

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice