1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

(UPDATE: join our group) Is there any interest an a BeamNG rally league?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SouthernPotato, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

I second that only vanilla parts be used. Also maybe have different classes so that people with lower driving skill/keyboards are separated from the higher driving skill/gamepads/wheels? Seems like it would be a bit more fair. Classes could be determined by turbo/supercharger level maybe?

2. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Not a championship, but maybe teams. Ideally I get paired with a driver who can beat me, but can't set up a car. We would work together to "develop" the setup for each stage to get the most out of it. Considering we can only add parts in the game and can't fabricate, beyond a minimum weight and maximum boost pressure allowed I think it should be pretty open concerning chassis mods and suspension setup. @Goosah the real draw here is the massive amounts of data we can collect that the egg heads can use to further refine suspension and tires. A diverse group of people of varying skills and driving styles driving on demanding roads could be a serious tool to help keep the fast progress being made stay fast. There's more of us than them. Just thinking out loud here.

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

In the Time Attackers group (which has sadly been abandoned) the rules were that you had to use a chosen car and a specific scenario. You could use whatever parts you wanted but only VANILLA parts to make sure competition was fair. If this is to go ahead, i think the creator should pick or custom make a config and then we can tune that config, rather than swapping parts around to get faster times.

This is nice idea. Like I mentioned above, tuning for speed rather than swapping parts should be the way to go. It helps people learn about the effects of changes in damping/spring or tyre pressures as well as gearing, roll bars and even suspension geometry stuff like camber, toe or track width.

4. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

Idea:
    Keyboard -- AWD
    Joy (Does anyone use these) / Gamepad -- FWD - AWD - MAX ATTACK
    Wheel -- AWD - MAX ATTACK

5. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Max attack? I use a wheel, I don't know what MAX ATTACK means.

6. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

RWD

7. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Alright now, you're confusing me.

8. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

Also some ideas for assist rules:
    Keys - ABS, TCS, ECS
    Joy/Pad - TCS, ECS
    Wheel - None
    --- Post updated ---
    MAX ATTACK is a fancy name for rallying with only the rear two wheels being powered

9. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

You mean you don't shout MAX ATTACK every time you take a corner in a RWD vehicle? I've been doing it wrong all this time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. christianzee2002

christianzee2002
    Expand Collapse

I would do this no prob

11. your average gamer

your average gamer
    Expand Collapse

count me in sounds fun.
    I was thinking maybe making certain weight and horsepower restrictions for certain classes like class c 200 hp and 2500-3000 kg, class b 300 hp and 2000 kg, and class a 300+ hp with a minimum weight of 1230kg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

This sounds cool. Only the problem is our computers run at different speeds so it would be kind of unfair to the laggier people and the people with 60 FPS and up. But I still want to join.

13. SeLJaK GaMeZ

SeLJaK GaMeZ
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    I'd participate, also are there any rules for the controller type (wheel, controller or keyboard).

• Like Like x 1
  14. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

That's the idea. I really think this is a good way for people to get their feet wet messing around with the settings in a sort of meaningful way. There should be a thread for more experienced players to give advice to the ones who might be struggling to figure out what changing a certain setting actually does.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

Anyone with any controller can participate. Depending on how many people there are for different control types, they may be put in different rankings or something.

This is a valid concern, but I don't really see a way around it. Hopefully it won't be too much a problem.

This is the sort of thing I'm hoping it'll be. Weekly events, several events add up to a championship. Me (or someone more organized than me, but I'm willing to do it) will keep leaderboards posted.

There seems to be a strong interest in vanilla only cars, modded cars, and tuning type events. Since we're at an acceptable number of participants for a decent first championship, maybe we should do a simple one to get ourselves set up first, all vanilla cars. Then after that we can run a tuning/modded car event, maybe at the same time as other events. Would the people who want to do modding/tuning be willing to participate in the first simple championship and see where we go from there?

For the first championship, if it's, for instance, three events, how about this: each participant picks 1 vanilla car (could be tuned for each event) to do the whole championship with. If there are enough of us, we could do different classes like your average gamer mentioned above. Does that sound like a good basic layout?

• Like Like x 3
  16. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I think we should do a dry run. Have a just for fun one with no restrictions or rules enforced and just see how it goes. This will give a chance to tweak the format as we go along here and there and make rolling rule changes till we get a nice setup everyone likes. That will be easier when there isn't a conflict of interest between finding a format and rules, and beating everyone one else because of world rally championship. Let's see what everyone else who wants to be involved in some active capacity thinks. We need officiating from members not participating for inevitable arbitration regarding certain alleged rule violations.

17. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I think.. Only because I am probably not going to use my g27 because I suck at driving fast with it.
    The rules should be made more.. Equal..
    There should be one group for every drive train type.. And every class should have the same rules..
    Keyboard - abs
    Wheel - no abs
    Controller - no abs

Because if you have an Xbox controller you can brake with the trigger you have and I don't think that you need abs with it..
    And because it's not hard to drive with keyboard, you should only have abs as a help, because it would make it too easy otherwise

I created a discord server BTW. But please join only of you are interested in this. I don't want random people to Join there. Thx
    https://discord.gg/TcQCx

#37 NistingurA, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. -randy-

-randy-
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the use of vanilla cars.

And I have another suggestion: what about a rule for the runs, that restricts the amount of resets/retries? If you don't have an infinite amount of resets (in this case spare cars), there will be a really tough challenge to compete in the rallye. Other idea would be to get a +5 s for every crash/reset you produce while on time attack.
    That would contribute to the realism.

19. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

While I think this is a good idea, I don't want this rule to be overbearing and it's kind of hard to enforce. I was thinking we'd just urge everyone to submit their best time out of 5 tries, and take it on faith that people are doing that. What are other's thoughts on this?

20. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Id say that you can have a few practice runs. Than you are allowed to run the course 3 times (without crashing) best time counts

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice