1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Update.exe not found?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by rednecklawrence, Jun 30, 2014.

1. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!

I have recently tried to update drive through the "update now" short cut in the start menu, and it says that it cannot find update.exe. Any help as to getting it back? and I have not tried re-installing the game, as that would be a pain in the @$$.

Thanks

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

3. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so here's what I did:
    1. I un-installed the old drive from control panel
    2. I downloaded the new installer
    3. I ran the new installer (Not sure if this matters, but my computer has 2 hard drives, C: and D:. The original Drive was on C:, but to conserve space on C:, I installed the new Drive on D: )
    4. I ran the installer and it did what it was supposed to do.
    5. After installation was complete, I checked the start menu under all programs, and there was no new "BeamNG.Drive" folder, like when I first got the game.
    6. I then went to D:/Program Files/BeamNG/alpha_prerace and tried to run BeamNG.drive.exe, and it tells me "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running." then it tells me to check if I have 64 or 32 bit (I have Windows 7 home edition 64 bit) and contact the software publisher.
    7. Help!

Attached Files:

• Error.png
  4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

turn off your firewall and antivirus and reinstall the game. Seems it got into the way and corrupted the files.

5. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

Ahhh yes. I set my firewall settings to notify me when a program that is not an a certain list is trying to access the internet. I allowed it, but it probably still got in the way.
    Will try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news. This is what I did:
    1: I went into McAfee and set my firewall to off.
    2: I went back onto drive D: and manually deleted the Drive files, as there was no un-install under control panel.
    3: With my firewall still being off, I started the installer and put the install path to the same one as my last post like this one.
    4: Everything went as expected, and this time without the anti-virus notification.
    5: After installation, it didn't "start when finished" as checked, and there was still no new BeamNG folder in all programs, so I went to the alpha_prerace folder and tried running the BeamNG.drive.exe, it just gave me the standard waiting mouse, and nothing happened.
    6: By the way, the customer service I'm getting is fast and awesome! Thanks a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually never mind! turns out my anti-virus was not off, but my firewall was. I set them both to off, and it fixed the problem. Thanks!

6. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the feedback that turning off the AV indeed fixed the issues :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice