1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

[Under Construction] Aviation Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedHorizon, Sep 12, 2015.

1. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Hey folks, I figured I'd go ahead and open a thread for this, mostly because I sent out some PMs that need to be read; I won't open the group to moderation until I get the OK to use some stuff, so if you've finished and posted for download an aircraft here and have unread PMs, please take a look at them.

I've decided to start a group here on the BeamNG forums, similar in nature to the one I started on RoR, of which actually became rather successful in RoR's hey-day. This group has retained the original's name and is called the "Rigs of Rods Pilot's Association - BeamNG Chapter", it's not a role-play group by any means; but rather a more serious attempt at furthering aviation development here at BeamNG, within the community specifically. I hope it will be a place where we can discuss all things aviation; here at BeamNG, other simulation platforms, real-life aviation, and basically share ideas among a group of like-minded people.

This may well end up being a failure, I'll give it a few months trail run and see how it goes, and whether I want to put in the effort of up-keep among college and other projects.

Let me know what you all think!
    -RedHorizon

- - - Updated - - -

The group is good to go; it's moderated but feel free to join, I won't be doing a great deal of filtering. I just did a soft delete of the topic in question, and finished a new group icon. I'll delete this thread in a few hours (unless a mod has to do that, I don't recall).

#1 RedHorizon, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

It does require a moderator to delete a thread or post, yes.

I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor, as it could certainly bring about some interesting content or discussion. But I feel I should note that of the five or six community members who have created aircraft, three of them (DrowsySam, B25Mitch, and Dummiesman) are now devs, and may not have much time for group activity.

3. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Like I said before though; I hope to encourage community involvement. What those guys have done for us is outstanding, and I for one am very grateful for their contributions, but they are no longer "the community". It'll be interesting to see what happens regardless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice