UK Banger Racing/Demolition Derbies

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by souponherhed, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

That car looks pretty crushed up on the front end. Look at the passenger side. If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty much crushed back to the b pillar. The dash looks like it'd be in the drivers lap. I don't even know where his legs would have gone in there. I just don't get how there's room for a human being in that.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If you look, only the left hand side of the dash has crumpled. The right hand side is in place (reinforcement ftw). As a british vehicle it is right hand drive.

3. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

This is a very interesting style of racing. Looks like a total blast. Will be a lot of fun in this game too. Now what brought me here is this..

IT seems like the caravan race is a division or type of banger race and it would be amazing in this game especially with a fully modeled caravan that can peel apart and leave all of it's innards on the track to be hit.

I'm thinking a caravan rally would be an awesome event.

#23 MetalMilitia623, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

Pigeon anyone?

#24 mrniz666, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Meh can't stand banger racing in the UK its just a bunch of thick headed chavs spending sometimes £5-7k to find some sort of rare 60s Aston martin or Jaguar and smashing the shit out of it... They destroy loads of other 70s and early 80s cars like Cortinas, Jaguars, Rolls Royce's etc

Anyway its a nice idea for the game though.

6. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you'd be into LeMons here in the US. $500 or less for the car, that's the car and all prep. Keep it cheap and keep everyone honest, makes for more fun. Also there's a series in Finland where to keep it fair if someone asks you have to sell your car to them. That way no one will spend a ton of money on the cars.

7. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I like LeMons races and its always cool to see some of the cars and the stuff people come up with.

8. frostspirit

frostspirit
    Expand Collapse

Idk if it's been mentioned (too lazy to read all the posts :p) But i usually do a event at my local racetrack called an enduro - Pretty much a banger race. Strip down a car and run it around a dirt track at 40mph smashing everyone you see :D I'd love to see this actually implemented in BeamNG at some point in the future :D

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Who would've thought I'd find this thread... I'm hoping for realistic, different classes of cars for derbying, with maybe 3 different sets of build rules and many vehicle-based classes. Your typical different vehicle type would be, compact cars, based on wheel base, full size cars which sometimes 80s and newer are separate from old iron. There's also full size and compact pickups. With those different vehicle based classes, there's different build classes. Bone stock or chain class is basically no added reinforcement, no welding on the frame, no swaps of engines or rear ends between makes of vehicles. Stock class would allow minimum welding like hump plates and kickers for the firewall and frame, and semi stock, or mod is beef up the frame, body, and bumpers as much as you want as long as it's still a mostly stock-looking car on the outside. I'm sure banger races have classes like this.

10. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

This thread got me thinking about another kind of racing called skid plate racing. The rules are pretty simple

Get an old 4 banger FWD, remove the interior and the rear tires. Then weld a plate to the bottom of the rim and boom slidey sparky fun

11. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Is it me or does this put US style demo derbies TO SHAME. We have spin to pass with demo cars on a 1/5 mile around a fig 8 track and that's it. They won't even put the demo
    cars on the fig 8 track. SUCKS.

12. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Eat it turd. Second vid is even better than figure 8 and we have figure 8 racing too. But hey, I'm sure your 4 cylinder cars sound real uh, zippy?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_IVbJmZdhy8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9EIdJHZ1ic

#32 Mopower77, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

LMAO. You build and drive demo cars, I watch you guys try to valiantly destroy them in between multitudes of endless red flags "for safety's sake". It may be different in the midwest
    but up here it sucks. Cute little four banger a-mains and demo derbies are for twats.

14. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yah, i know, but when ya see guys take an axle through the floor of their car into their leg you think twice about the red flags. It does lessen the excitement, but safety first! Fires and rollovers aren't a joke. But around here it's mainly just 1 and done so we see a lot of guys hungry for mad dog.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious, where do you live?

15. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I wouyldn't say chavs. Most of the racers are actually scrapyard owners or own farms, or are close friends of such people. Or even people like me who have a fairly well paying job and like to do this. Its a fairly gruff community but there arent' any genuine losers in it. Yes we knacker a lot of older cars but these days people mostly destroy fairly modern stuff. FWD shitboxes. Capris and notable 1980's things like that aren't common enough to be cheap bangers and the ones you do see aren't cars you'd have had on the road anyway. Most capris and old jags and astons I've seen have a fair amount of work put into them and for good reason. You can't get these cars for cheap if they aren't rotten or kolossaly fucked in some way.

Its £1200 + the price of a car and a couple of months of work to prepare these things. Its not a chav hobby at all

16. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Lol, I've got nothing against banger racing, i think it's cool shit, but what pisses me off is when people hate on the sport.

17. jake44

jake44
    Expand Collapse

we should do online banger racing on beam.NG that would be the best thing ever

18. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that and online derbying. Unfortunately it cannot be as of now. And sounds like there are issues using true soft body in online play. But i guess that Lan play may be a more realistic option? Don't quote me on it, but i can dream lol.

19. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I like demo derbies and banger races except for when they smash up nice cars and classics.

In my mind, demo derbies should be mostly worthless 80s and 90s cars.

20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I understand. No disrespect intended. I need to make clear two things, eating turds is disgusting and bashing demo was not my intent what so ever but rather a bit of irrational
    excitement at seeing the intensity of banger racing. I've been to quite a few demo derbies in indoor stadiums, fair grounds and tracks. I have a certain incurable frustration at demo derbies mainly due to my personal preference that derbies do not go fast enough ie: 50mph. That's strictly my pie in the sky problem and allows me to clearly display my ignorance
    of the general technical side of the sport. I fully and unequivocally respect the demo brotherhood, (FEAR too!) and the work they do to please fans.
    I just want it to include 50 mph head on collisions damnit .:D

I live in the Seattle area and the main local track I attend is Monroe Speedway.

#40 Aboroath, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice