[Tutorial] Vehicle performance and components modification (Simple)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SleepyPickup, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

So it should be documents/Beamng.drive/mods? Not under the steam directory?

2. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

still not working, still no car showing up. I wish the thread maker would put pictures so people could follow along easier. Or maybe he didnt do a good job explaining, which is looking to be the case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. miraak

miraak
    Expand Collapse

This may sound stupid but how do I open the text editor? I am very unexperienced at stuff like this but I would like to change some of the cars' horsepower.

4. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

i wanted to add 4 wheel steering to the pickup but i can't find the front axle

5. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

this is in the commen.zip

6. jojojona

jojojona
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to make your tires sturdier, so they are less likely to pop?

7. Aren

Aren
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to add 4wd to the covet auto-box i did it in right order as you but when i turned the game and chose it it didn't appear.what's the problem?

8. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

In the tire jbeam there is a value called "MaxPressurePSI" I believe adding to that will make them sturdier

9. Aren

Aren
    Expand Collapse

what about brakes

10. Aren

Aren
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

11. demoguy15

demoguy15
    Expand Collapse

Hey great post! I have a question, when ever I try to edit the game file while that game is open and running and I make a change and save it, in WINRAR it'll ask to update the zip file but it can't because the file is currently being used. I'm not new to this but i'm guessing you have to close the game and then make the changes to the file and then reopen the game? or is there something I've missed? I have tried using both notepad and Notepad++ and get the same thing, and even resetting my vehicle won't apply the changes.

12. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

The game doesn't reload zips on the fly it has to be unpacked for them to be reloaded while the game is open. (using control+r).

Example

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods\unpacked

modname.zip (modname.zip is not a zip its a folder with the .zip file extension)

for this example is going be named (pickup_test.zip).

so the final path will be.

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods\unpacked\pickup_test.zip\vehicles\pickup_test

and the file you want to edit should be placed in here.

#110 Josh, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  13. demoguy15

demoguy15
    Expand Collapse

Hey thanks alot! I'll try that shortly and will respond back if I get anywhere....

It worked thanks alot! :)

#111 demoguy15, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  14. mikeymike016

mikeymike016
    Expand Collapse

whenever i pick the car it doesent apear what did i do wrong?

15. demoguy15

demoguy15
    Expand Collapse

Ok back again..... this time I'm trying to add the Stage 2 Supercharger from the Barstow as a select-able intake on the burnside... and I did follow the steps the best I could but I can't get it to work. Could somebody lead me through this or make an engine that i can just copy and replace?

16. Kamalo 21

Kamalo 21
    Expand Collapse

What about adding a TCS? (Traction Control) or ESC? (Electronic Stability Control) to... let's say Grand Marshal?

17. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

This thread is old and most likely does not work for the latest version of BeamNG. Don't reply to old, dead threads.

18. TheTraxxasManiacs

TheTraxxasManiacs
    Expand Collapse

When I click on the file, it asks if I want to look for and app on the windows store. ( I already have both notepad and notepad++ installed )

19. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

I can't do live updates. I can open it in deafult notepad, but as i try to save it wants to save it as txt file and when i use Notepad++ (recommended one) I can't edit anything! Help

20. klvru

klvru
    Expand Collapse

Hi

I know this post is rather old, but I've just added the rear differential to the covet following this tutorial (had to fix up some formatting).

Nevertheless, it works. But I would like to ask, how to change the suspension movement (weight transfer?)? With the rear diff on the covet, the rear portion of the car move upwards under acceleration. I suspect this is caused by using front diff codes?

As the front portion should move upwards under acceleration and rear should be compressing (moving downwards)?

Thanks

21. Dalton15

Dalton15
    Expand Collapse

Did you make a Barstow AWD config

22. Hotrod120

Hotrod120
    Expand Collapse

hi
    ive really wanted to do this for a while but i cant find the right file
    ive looked for a while now so if i could have some more info that would be awesome thx

23. magictgboy

magictgboy
    Expand Collapse

1. I am trying to change the engine torque, and the wheel grip, but whenever i change it through notepad, save and reload in beamng then there are zero changes... Also its the same when I try and add a new part.
    2. Is this type of modification of the game outdated? it seems like you guys are doing this on an old version of BeamNG.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice