Released [Tutorial] Making a terrain for Beam-NG (in depth guide with pictures)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Fundador, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This tutorial was created before the whole virtual file system happened starting with the experimental version. It is essentially
    useless today. I can't imagine anyone going through the hassle of trying a tutorial for today's versions. OP should disclaim it
    or something.

2. Crayceets

Crayceets
    Expand Collapse

Oh.. Thank you :)

3. minisnooken

minisnooken
    Expand Collapse

Good tutorial, but my tarmac roads behave like the material below it, how do I fix that? I just have no control on most of my roads.

4. SleepyHipster

SleepyHipster
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand where to save as how can you, i have been trying for hours now to get it ito import but i get the same two errors and its frustrating me. can you please explain further?

5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I think this tutorial is outdated since the file structure of BeamNG is different now.

6. Plateau

Plateau
    Expand Collapse

Since it's been established that this tutorial is super outdated, has anyone made a tutorial for the newer versions of BeamNG? If so, can anyone link me to it? I've been mapping for csgo and gmod for a while and I'd love to make maps for this game if only I had a source to learn! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  7. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

You could try out Mecke96's video series for map making. Apparently they're also a little but outdated now though.

There seems to be no completely up to date map making tutorial at the moment. Even if there was, it would probably be obselete quickly due to the changes with Torque3D, etc.

Hope it still helps! :)

8. JESUSARIUS REX

JESUSARIUS REX
    Expand Collapse

So is there anybody who knows how to import a heightmap? The import menu looks exactly the same, yet I keep getting the error described above. Also, I found the keys for "console", but they don't seem to open it up.

Edit: For those wondering you have to put the heightmap in SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\content
    Why this is so F!&8ing janky is beyond me.

This post goes into more depth:

Attached Files:

• post.png
    #146 JESUSARIUS REX, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tom181

Tom181
    Expand Collapse

Hey where can i download the L3DT heightmap ur using? i wanna copy this tutorial with the one he is using

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice