(Tutorial) How to improve your automation cars with file editing

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by TheCrySick, Jun 22, 2020.

1. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Hi :)

Sorry for the late answer. I had to protect most of the cells because people tend to directly edit the torque values. However, those torque values are the result of a series of calculations, based on your HP goal. If one of those cells is edited, the all document is broken, and, since I don't want to repair this doc every 2 weeks (for obvious reasons ^^'), I choose to lock most of the cells. The only one you can edit, and need to edit, is the ''Goal (hp)'' cell:

Once it's done, the document will automatically give you the torque values you need to use to get an engine power close to what you want :)

2. IYBR

IYBR
    Expand Collapse

what about adding a vanilla steering wheel to my automation car?

3. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, it needs a lot of knowledge I do not have :/

4. charge_1

charge_1
    Expand Collapse

I think you can make the car look better in game and in the menus:
    1. Better paint - Max shininess in Automation, mess with paint settings in Beam
    2. Non-Automation - (you have to unpack it first) > Mods folder > [car name] > vehicle > info.json > under Type, change Automation to Car, then save > Pack the mod
    3. New picture - In BeamNG, go into the map selection screen > check 'Include auxiliary debug content' > spawn into Showroom > take the picture and save it (win+shift+s on Windows) > unpack the mod > Mods folder > [car name] > vehicle > (take note of the picture name before deleting) delete the picture and put the one you took > put in the new name > pack your mod

5. 53XYH0R53

53XYH0R53
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I figured it out.

You can also edit the DAE in a program like Blender to remove any annoying faces and verts.

6. AmtrakSurflinerF59-PHI

AmtrakSurflinerF59-PHI
    Expand Collapse

Hello I will want add vanilla lightbars to automation vehicles but idk how and i tried to add burnside beacon to a 1930 car i made without success.
    If someone can help me or send me an exemple with screen or code, that will be nice. Plus no much video tuto and bad explained.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice