Tuning Menu Makeover

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BombBoy4, Dec 26, 2017.

?

What tuning menu would you like to see?

1. The first one

10.0%
  2. The second one

10.0%
  3. A mix of both

70.0%
  4. The current one

10.0%
  1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The tuning menu in .drive is horrible. It's ugly, hard to use, and hard to understand.
    upload_2017-12-26_16-43-51.png
    0% of what? Is every 1 percent 1 degree?
    Screenshot1.png
    What is toe?

Why can't it be more like this:

It gives a description, estimated performance, image of the ratios, and a general idea of what direction does what to the car.
    Or, it could be like this:

It gives what the tuning is set at, whether that's degrees, millimeters, bars, or Nm/s. This setup is slightly more geared (;)) towards enthusiasts, but is a major improvement over the current white rectangle with a few sliders that change the "adjustment range."
    I understand that this is still a WIP game, but I'd personally like to see a better tuning menu in the plans somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The tuning menu actually has descriptions and it is easy to use, very few parts actually use % as there isn't really any other way, You have descriptions, and you can check in what position your wheels are afterwards, so forza style turning isn't really required in my opinion.
    After some playing around it is really easy to understand what does what. + you have way more options of adjustments here than in let's say forza.

3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Project cars 2 has some of the most descriptive and best interfaced tuning menu. However this game came before and its not like we had the best example to teach the devs how to make it.

On top of aesthetic differences, i think that the tuning menu is "OK" as it is. Although a description would be nice, NOTHING stops you from alt tabbing and googling "wtf is car toe?" Because its not exactly the best kept secret in the world.

I DO 100% agree with the other point. % of camber is not the same as degree of camber and that bothers me a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice