Solved Trying to create quickraces, having a number of issues

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Excrubulent, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Excrubulent

Excrubulent
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to make some quickraces in West Coast, but I'm not sure where they are saving, if at all. I'm following this tutorial:

https://www.beamng.com/threads/introduction-to-scenarios-creation.14700/#beamng-drive.17

and this for quickraces:

https://wiki.beamng.com/Quickplay

Basically I've copied the files from an existing quickrace and renamed everything and they're working, so that's great.

The problem is, when I right-click on my prefab and select "Pack Prefab", it packs the prefab, but I'm not prompted to save a file. I've tried putting the prefab back into the ScenarioObjectsGroup and selecting "Pack Prefab" on that folder, and then I get a save file dialog, which is great. I select the old prefab file to replace it, but the problem is that the file doesn't change at all. I've tried deleting the file entirely and saving a new prefab file, but then no file appears at all. If I empty the file and save over it, the file stays empty.

What's really weird is that when I reload the race, all my changes are still there! So the information is being saved somewhere, I just don't know where.

There are other issues, but right now this is the big one that's stopping me. I need to know where the information is being saved so I can share the track.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, I found the answer. When I loaded the race originally, it was in:

\user\mods\unpacked\WestCoastRaces\levels\west_coast_usa\quickrace

But when the prefab was packed it saved to one of these two locations:

\user\levels\west_coast_usa\quickrace
    \user\WestCoastRaces\levels\west_coast_usa\quickrace

So I just fished the correct files out of those folders and put them back into the mods/unpacked/... folder, and that worked just fine.

--- Post updated ---
    I don't know how to mark this as solved.

#1 Excrubulent, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice