Trucking

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by ALEX3000, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ALEX3000

ALEX3000
    Expand Collapse

I am very interested in trucks and transportation. In ROR was the ability to carry heavy loads on special trailers hope in BeamNG it will be. Until you see freight trains full weight up to 60 tons.

2. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome. I can't do that many vehicles cause of my current PC setup, but I love seeing others do it.

3. ALEX3000

ALEX3000
    Expand Collapse

T75 at the head of the lorry convoy total weight of 140 tons

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That did look fun, so I decided to give it a go, I loaded up 77200kg of Tasti Cola to my trailers, hooked them up, installed supercharger and attempted to drive, it did not work out too well...

Little help and on downhill it did go fine.

Then ground did level out and truck just could not pull that load.

For me those dolly wagons won't work too well, dolly comes loose and binds so that it won't turn, so quite troublesome to get going, I guess you have made some fixes to them?

• Like Like x 1
  5. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

RIP, those trucks. How fast did they go?

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I could not get it to go faster than 15kph, but Alex3000's video shows him being able to use even several gears and speeds of 40km/h which is quite amazing.

I'm thinking that something adds too much drag with all those trailers, it should not be quite that hard to pull them.

7. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you don't have too much powerful trucks.
    --- Post updated ---
    Try using the most powerful T-Series or the ETK 6000.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I put supercharger on mine, it has turbo + supercharger, 700hp and 3000Nm of torque, problem is tires don't have grip, even with differentials locked, in reality that load should move with less power, like those road trains in australia.

9. ALEX3000

ALEX3000
    Expand Collapse

Friends, I am glad that my video got you excited. We will definitely continue the experiments with heavy loads and trucks. Now I'm looking for someone who can model a reinforced trailer for transport heavy cargo.
    fufsgfen,if you are familiar with the operation of the engine, you can prescribe Cummins or Detroit Diesel with capacity c 600HP. And don't use the wrong trailer with the fifth wheel towing device, use better Dolly. If you know a good map with a long straight road accelerate to throw off the link.
    I then tried to register ISX-15 500HP setup. Direct can accelerate to 70-80 km/h For the Australian road train needs 600-700HP and 18 gears.

#9 ALEX3000, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice