WIP Beta released Trial Mountain 3.1

A scratch built version of this famous fictional track, exclusivly for BeamNG.

1. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

You accept the fact that a formal agreement wouldn't happen, so why are you going on about it?

2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Because he said that it isn't stolen simply because he credited the creator.

That isn't the same as this map where the user actually remodel and remade the whole thing from the ground up for beam.

Why so aggressive?

3. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Well, what a stupid idiot I've been. I thought you meant that this map was stolen and not the Laguna Seca one.

Sorry, mate.

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Oh I do apologize, should have clarified, also as a co-creator I would never claim work I've helped with when the creator has poured his heart and soul into it like this that it is stolen :p

5. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

okay. it must have a lot in this case

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean?

If you're referring to the GT map here the mesh was made from the ground up by the creator, so it is his work but basically a remix of an IP, well I assume it's qualified for that.

If you mean Leguna Seca, then yeah it's barely the work of the mod creator here on the forums, just slapping the mesh on a map and making sure the collision, textures, lighting ect is correct.

7. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

i just want to say that there are certainly several maps in the forum with a modelisation not created by the author mod. as pike's peak, nurburgring, adelaide, monza, etc etc i think, i don't know
    no complaints about yours

8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I know... The conversation was on Luguna Seca... all of those are also guilty of the same.

All I was saying is it would always be better to have a hand created Leguna Seca for beam over a stolen mesh that is un-optimized for beam with poor road collision mesh issues and such.

Same for other maps.

9. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

I keep running into a problem, literally. On the long straight, there is a hill crest. On that hill crest, there is an invisible bollard I run into. I can't seem to pinpoint the exact location, because I only seem to hit it in the middle of the track and at high speeds.

Attached Files:

• 2016-02-19_00001.jpg
  10. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

yes you're right. it's better

• Like Like x 1
  11. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

I had the same thing happen to me! I thought it was something caused by my damaged rear suspension. I got launched into a spectacular front flip.
    Shame I missed it because I was on hood cam and was so surprised I forgot to change camera or freeze physics...

EDIT: I found the culprit! It's another one of those tiny things nahuelito007 found by one of the tunnels.
    19_02_16_Trial_Mountain_Error.jpg

#51 mumboking, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  12. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for pin-pointing those phantom collisions. Those little guys had me totally stumped and I hadn't even 'run across' the first one by the tunnel. Ive clipped the hill crest 'stick' a few times, but not enough to crash me. I have a pretty good idea what they are, now that I can see them. I'm working on the AI file tonight, so I should be able to make a patch or something and fix that while Im at it. Just try to drive around them for now. ;)

13. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed in all the versions (at least gt3 and later) they have these weird banking that is on the white line areas. (I hope I'm not being annoying at all).
    Trial mountain last corner straight.png edging 2.png Edging.png final straight.png
    Either way, your version has more detail.
    Trial Mountain Circuit_5.jpg
    Loch Ness monster and Boat
    1998-
    We will always remember you.

14. American Truck Simulator

American Truck Simulator
    Expand Collapse

wah trek ini kaya gran turismo 4 sama gran turismo 3

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

So Toxic.

16. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I already apologized for this

17. American Truck Simulator

American Truck Simulator
    Expand Collapse

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Phantom collision before a tunnel, hit it a few times now D:

19. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I've worked that bug out; it was just some garbage geometry I forgot to delete.

ive been waiting to release an update since my trees disappeared after the game was update. They must have changed something in the forest system, which my models didn't like.

20. DylanD

DylanD
    Expand Collapse

Just at the very top of the hill, i will hit an invisible object sometimes and this time it hit my fuel tank. What is causing this?

Attached Files:

• 20160730131218_1.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice